3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152023-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred.html)

NishKitten 10-02-2008 05:06 PM

Ouch!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherMcG (Post 2391399)
Oh girls,

I have no idea what I am going to do. Yesterday during Circuit 1, I was doing jumping jacks. About half way through, I jumped up and thought, "Something doesn't feel right." Came back down and pain shot through my lower back and down my legs. Immediately, my legs went numb for a moment and I sort of fell forward. I started stretching in many different ways thinking I had just tweaked it a little. No such luck. After taking some Bayer and resting a little I stubbornly finished the workout trying to be kind to my aching back and legs. I talked to someone today about it and they think it could be a pinched nerve. I am going to have it checked out tonight.:?:

I am down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches!!!! Woo hoo!! :carrot::D:carrot:

I really don't want to stop now. I am seeing such progress. I have actually grown to love this and look forward to it daily. I may just struggle through it... I don't know......:(

Great job to all so far! I look forward to reading the check in posts every day.

Yes, yes get it checked and take it easy okay? :hug:
Feel better, and hopefully it's just some byproduct of sleeping or landing funny and it will go away soon. Crossing my fingers for you! :crossed:

girl anachronism 10-02-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherMcG (Post 2391399)
Great job to all so far! I look forward to reading the check in posts every day.

Don't risk serious injury! Take it easy and follow the advice of your doctor. Congrats on your success so far!

As for me:

Day 10 and Level 1 complete!

Down 0 pounds. :( I'm not worried, though, because it's my TOM, so I'm just happy I haven't gained!

However, I've had some amazing success inches wise, so I must be building some muscle. As long as I'm losing inches, I'm not going to freak out about the pounds. I usually lose about 2 pounds the week after my TOM.

Chest: -1.5 inches
Waist: - 2 inches (!!)
Hips: - 1 inch
Thigh: - 0
Arm: - 0
Calf: - .5 inch

jmfan317 10-02-2008 06:02 PM

Congrats HeatherMcG and Kukristen!! I hope ur knee and back get better HeatherMcG!!

WormwoodDoll 10-02-2008 07:31 PM

I didn't do the shred yesterday. I'm upset about it, but, I was sent home from work because I was shaky and very flushed. I felt like throwing up. This always happen when it's TOM.

WormwoodDoll 10-02-2008 07:33 PM

And HeatherMcG, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, but congrats on the progress!

I didn't take my measurements, but I have been tracking the pounds.

jillpeeps 10-02-2008 08:58 PM

Day 10 complete!!! Tomorrow starts level 2 so that should be interesting. HeatherMcG I am glad to hear you going to get it checked out! Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I am so proud of everyone I can't believe how many of us are still going!!! I get frustrated taking measurements as I never seem to get it right as I don't know if I ever get the same spot and get mixed results. Does anyone else have that problem? Also anyone on level 2 how is it going?

WormwoodDoll 10-02-2008 09:06 PM

Just completed day 3. Since I didn't do it yesterday, I will be making it up. This means my shred will just be over the 30th! I've read other posts and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who needed breaks! :cool: I'm feeling good. I weighed myself (with TOM!!) and I'm down to 230!

NishKitten 10-02-2008 09:22 PM

Dear god... Level 2...

Jillian either moonlights as a dominatrix or she's got a vendetta against everyone on the friggin' planet!

My abs are KILLING me. Be ready for level two... she's making darn sure you have the outline of a six pack by day 21. I feel like day 1 all over again. :cry: *limps off to take a bath*

SwimGirl 10-02-2008 09:49 PM

Heather - oh my goodness! Definitely get that all checked out! I hope you get goods news, have a long hot bath and sleeeep! I honestly think sleep will make everything better. lol. Congrats on the progress though!!

Nish - yikes, something to... looking forward to? lol. Yikes!

Alright ladies I am SO SO impressed with all your results!! Tomorrow is my WI day, after 6 days on the shred... TOM is here, but I've been 100% on plan with my diet, so I don't see how I couldn't see a loss!

Ooops, also I finished day Day 6! WAY less breaks! I am having issues with the pushups, I just can't touch my chest to the floor. I guess I have weak arms?

-Aimee

Here we go again 10-02-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NishKitten (Post 2391786)
Dear god... Level 2...

Jillian either moonlights as a dominatrix or she's got a vendetta against everyone on the friggin' planet!

My abs are KILLING me. Be ready for level two... she's making darn sure you have the outline of a six pack by day 21. I feel like day 1 all over again. :cry: *limps off to take a bath*

Oh my goodness! I feel the exact way!!!! I was like what happened to the nice Jillian??? She is no longer with us on this journey. I felt like day again too. I'm actually glad. I don't feel sore yet, but in the morning I'm sure I'm going to feel it. The only thing is a lot of the plank exercises my shoes were trying to come off. I have to tie them tighter tomorrow. Level 2 day 1 done!

Heather- I'm praying for you girl. Let us know how you are feeling.

SwimGirl 10-03-2008 04:24 PM

Day 7 complete! Today was my WI - no change. Kind of shocked at that. But I'm hoping this is because TOM ended yesterday! Next WI is Wednesday (I always weigh on my day off and thats my only day off next week), so cross your fingers for me!!

-Aimee

girl anachronism 10-03-2008 05:28 PM

Level 2 Day 1, Day 11 overall complete!

I must be a masochist because I love Level 2! It makes me feel so strong and capable. Plus, I love that the girls on the DVD have a great sense of humor. I thought it was really fun! I'm sick, I know. ;)

i am still trying 10-03-2008 07:00 PM

Picked up DVD, am sore from body pump class yesterday. i cant even imagine working out.

Question:
HAve you all ben super sore and then done the Shred the next day? Or have any of you felt too sore to workout the next day?

I will start tomorrow, hopefully i will be able to bend down by then...:)

jmfan317 10-03-2008 07:19 PM

I got the dvd in the mail today and gonna skim through it 2 c wat its like. I'm gonna start my first day of Shred 2morrow.

Spiders from Mars 10-03-2008 08:00 PM

I've done 4 of the level one workouts now, and I love it. I'm finally able to walk again, but I still get a good sweat! I'm excited for level 2 :)