3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Shorties thread? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/151669-shorties-thread.html)

kamesennin 09-16-2008 05:12 PM

Shorties thread?

Is there a short people thread around here somewhere? I'm 4'11" and have 30 lbs to go--

Quiet Ballerina 09-16-2008 06:41 PM

Not sure...but I'm a shortie too. Only 5' 1" :)

bargoo 09-16-2008 07:52 PM

I think there is, but I am not sure what it is called.

AmberShimmer 09-16-2008 09:50 PM

I think I saw a shorties thread in the "Chicks up for a Challenge" sub forum. But that was many months ago.

Hey, I was wondering about something. If you're short in height (like up to 5'4, I think) but you wear a size 24... are you considered petite or plus?

mandos 09-16-2008 10:16 PM

I haven't seen a shorty thread out there yet, though this is only my third day on the site. I wonder if we could start our own? I'm 5'3"...am I too tall to join? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberShimmer (Post 2365045)

Hey, I was wondering about something. If you're short in height (like up to 5'4, I think) but you wear a size 24... are you considered petite or plus?

From my experience, I haven't seen anything in the petite section of stores more than 16, and even 14 or 12 is really difficult to find. All the "curvy" style jeans for petites seem to be size 6 and under too. Sigh...

In my personal opinion though, I consider you a lovely petite like the rest of us!

saintxio 09-16-2008 11:13 PM

5'1 over here!

CatRocks 09-17-2008 06:52 AM

5'1 also! I like being short :)

kamesennin 09-17-2008 03:12 PM

I like being short too! :carrot:I didn't like it when I was younger. I do hate how 5 extra pounds looks like 30 on me, though. I can't wait to shop in the petite section again--all the shirts are way too short on me because of the boobage.

ghost 09-17-2008 03:44 PM

Shorty! I'm barly 5 feet, if I shrink as I age I'm going to be a midget. Sometimes, in the spring especially, when I was in the 200's I'd buy women's plus sized capri's and they'd fit me like normal pants and not drag on the ground. I guess pretty soon I'll be able to buy petites.

kamesennin 09-17-2008 09:49 PM

For those of you who have full grown kids, did they grow up to be tall/med/short? I'm a few inches shorter than both my parents. My husband is 5'10" and I sometimes wonder how tall my girls will end up.

Transformer08 09-17-2008 10:01 PM

I'm short -- 5'2" and I *don't* like it!

1. I hate having to buy petite pants (severely limits my options) or else hem them up. Actually, sometimes I even have to hem PETITE pants -- what's with that??????
2. I hate that even little amounts of weight are VERY obvious on my small frame.
3. I also think being short contributes to my looking "young" which doesn't help me get immediate respect from strangers at work. :)

Wow, I sound kinda vehement, huh? I didn't mean that too. I"m just having a crap day. Mostly I'm fine with being short but if I could be like 5'4 or 5'5" I just feel like it would be a lot better!!

mandos 09-17-2008 10:29 PM

I definitely understand, Transformer08. My friend pick on me a lot (good naturedly but it does get on my nerves). My least favorite thing is having to ask strangers to help me reach items on the top 2 shelves at the grocery store!

On the bright side, I fit in a lot more places than everyone else (I OWN the backseat of cars!) and I never have to duck going through the doorway! Plus, at least for me, I have a wider selection of shoes since I can fit into the kid's sizes too!

kellyfoo 09-18-2008 05:22 PM

I'm short. 4'10". And I have about 10-15 to go. And I can't tell if I've lost any since I came to school because 1. there's no scales ANYWHERE on campus and 2. I have an extra load of water weight from Aunt Flo. Icky.

smallification 09-21-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandos (Post 2366906)
I definitely understand, Transformer08. My friend pick on me a lot (good naturedly but it does get on my nerves). My least favorite thing is having to ask strangers to help me reach items on the top 2 shelves at the grocery store!

On the bright side, I fit in a lot more places than everyone else (I OWN the backseat of cars!) and I never have to duck going through the doorway! Plus, at least for me, I have a wider selection of shoes since I can fit into the kid's sizes too!

Oh man, I thought I was the only one with the grocery store problem.

At home I have perfected the hobbit technique for getting the cereal box off the top shelf. Jump, hit it, catch it when it falls.

Quiet Ballerina 09-21-2008 08:27 PM

Bad things about being short:
~Having to hem all your pants
~Capris never seem to look right
~Can't reach high shelves without a stepstool
~Not very sexy as you climb down from a barstool
~5 pounds looks like so much more. :(
~Last to know when it's raining (haha)

Good things about being short:
~Can always wear heels!
~Flirting technique: "oh excuse me cute-guy-i-want-to-talk-to, can you reach that item for me on the high shelf?" *wink*
~Never have to duck going through doors
~Can sleep comfortably on a couch, without your feet hanging off!

Add your own! :)