Old 09-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #46  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Day 9- I did not want to go to the gym today but I went and thought I would do a light workout. Well I guess if you consider a little over 5 miles and 600 calories a light workout then I guess I accomplished that. Today is my day off and I plan on going grocery shopping and haning with my baby and my boyfriend!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #47  
If I can do it...

S/C/G: 243/243/180

Height: 5'5

5 miles is great!!

I am going this afternoon. need to get at least 45 min on the treadmill today.

I cheated a little for lunch.

My coworker is pregnant and was craving mcdonalds.. I was trying to be strong but couldnt resist. Had a double cheeseburger and a McChicken.. so i guess its just fruits for dinner.

Tomorrow my coworker has a doctors appointment so there should be no temptations at work.

Enjoy the rest of your day off!
belinda245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am 24 years old and a mother of one 20 month old boy. I love him to death but have seriously been slacking on my fitness since I had him. I am now up to 214 lbs and want to get down to at least 170! I am 5'8"and am planning on going to the gym and working out...almost every day if I can and would like someone to e-mail and chat with to keep my progress going. IF anyone is up for this please let me know. I also have MSN messenger if it comes to that point. Thank you for reading,

I am new to this site. I am also having a great battle with my weight. I am 25 (26 in November) and a mother of two (ages 7 and 8). The smallest I remember being about a year after I had my second child was 180. Somewhere in between that time i got satisfied and then went up and down in weight for the last 6 years. Now I have reached my all time high weight of 233. I feel as if i am starting to reach a state of depression. I think about my weight almost 24hours a day and think that other people around me are looking at how fat i have become. I really need someone to reach out to and motivate me so that i can do the same in return. Please let me know if you would like to be my buddy.

Thanks
motiv8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Still didn't make it to that dang gym. I rode my bike 3 miles.. I discovered campus and back was 2.5 so I go the longer way to make it an even 3. I walked 3 miles (same route) with the dog and he kept me on my toes tonight, I wish I had as much energy as he does! I'm going to start helping a few girls with their tennis skills so hopefully they'll catch on quick enough we can play a few times a week before it gets too cold. I guess there's always raquetball too but not as fun.

As soon as this 12 page paper is done I'm hitting the gym. It's due at 5pm on Monday so by 5:05 my booty will be on a treadmill.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:06 AM   #50  
If I can do it...

motiv8me --you have come to the right place for motivation. I myself made the commitment to finally do something about my weight only a few weeks ago. Initially I had tons of motivation... but after the first week I started to go less to the gym. Motivation for me is reading other peoples stories on here.. seeing that if they can do it so can I. One of the tricks that I use is that I always try to keep fruit around.. so when I get the craving for junk food.. I can eat my fruit instead. I also have learned to make the gym a part of my daily routine. And the days I fall off track and dont make it to the gym.. well I just tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #51  
If I can do it...

Talking

I did my weekly weigh in this morning... 1 pound!!At this point I will take whatever I can get.. just to see the scale moving is exciting.

Today I wont be going to the gym.. because I will do enough walking tonight at Howl- O - Scream.

I am going to up my excercise more next week.. want to lose 10 pounds by halloween.

Last edited by belinda245; 09-26-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #52  

Belinda245Thank you for the support!!! I will be looking forward to chatting about our progress.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #53  

Thats absolutely wonderful!!! your one pound up on me. So this means that i definetly have to step up. Thanks for the motivation!!!

You go girl!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 AM   #54  
If I can do it...

well guys yesterday I cheated a little .. it was my coworkers birthday .. and I couldnt resist the cake.. ended up eating 2 slices!! I wasn't able to go the gym but I did go to Howl O Scream last night where I did tons of walking because the park is huge!

This morning I will be headed to the fruit market to stock up on fruits!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

I worked 14 hours yesterday and went to class so needless to say I did nothing. Luckily I work for a wedding decorator and its pretty strenuous sometimes. We had 3 weddings to do so it was a LONG day.. anyhow I'm finishing my paper and I have to go light the candles at the reception hall at 4 so I'm going to ride my bike. It's about 4-5 miles from here so that'll be fun. I wish I could take the dog but he'll probably make me wreck... I'm gonna try it but probably just not on a 8 mile trip.

belinda- congrats on the pound!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #56  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

BELINDA- congrats on the pound!!
Okay so this is an update for day 10 and 11.
DAY 10- I didn't go to the gym, it was kind of a lazy day. But I did run around at work for a couple of hours. I didn't eat as good as I would have wanted to, but being at work for so long without eating made me ravenous when i got home.
DAY 11- So far so good. The gym seemed A LOT harder to get through today but I went 5.4 miles 60 minutes and 620 calories. Hopefully that will jumpstart my day. Well off to the shower and then to work. I hope that my Tuesday weigh in is as good as I want it to be.(crossing fingers) Only 3 days til then. Gotta work HARD!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #57  
If I can do it...

Blcarter84 --The trainer that works at my gym.. is always telling me that once you get past 35 min on the treadmill you start burning fat.. so with that being said 60 min is great!! Alot more can be done in 3 days!!

kelli32 --Having a job that keeps you moving is great!! I love bike riding.. I just don't live on the best side of town to actually ride around on. Every once in a while we get to load up the bikes and go bike riding in the park with the girls.. which is always fun because kids just don't get the exercise we used to at school anymore.... at least not yet.

" Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #58  

I am learning to think positive about my choices. You may have ate the cake. We all need a little treat here and ther. Tomorrow there will be no birthday party so there will be no cake. And dont forget that you got some exercise.

Lets just say u had 1 1/2 peices of cake since you got some exercise in.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #59  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

motiv8me- GREAT Positive thinking. sometimes its hard to get over even something as mild as eating 2 pieces of cake for someone's birthday. This is a lifestyle change and as long as we aren't having cake ALL the time, its cool to snag a piece once in a while.
Belinda245- Just keep going girl! We got this in the bag. I like to imagine myself with a slim sexy body and how much everyone will look up to me for I've accomplished. It makes me more motivated to not have that big bowl of ice cream I SOOO badly want. I love healthy food too don't get my wrong....and when I excercise I actually CRAVE healthy food instead of garbage.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #60  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

DAy 12- Okay so I got ready to go to the gym this morning before work and all I endedup doing was fighting with my boyfriend for over an hour. About stupid stuff of course...but then I was mad because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do which was workout and I had to get ready for work. Haven't really eaten much either. I just got home and am thinking I might go for a walk in a bit...