Old 09-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #1  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default My body is so sore - Help!

So I went on a 10 mile hike in the Lake Placid area of NY. 10 miles! And it was a HARD hike with a lot of climbing. And minus the fact that we didn't bring enough water (stupid us), it was FANTASTIC. But I am so so so so so SORE! As in I want a handicap bar for my bathroom because my thighs hurt so much it's hard to sit down on the toilet haha. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to be doing anything. We just got home so I am going to be taking a hot bath. I'll probably try to stretch a little bit when I get out.

Does anyone have any tips to help soreness when it's THIS bad? Sleeping in a tent lastnight definitely didnt help, but oh well.

Thanks for any help!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

As the day goes on you'll feel better. It's the type of thing you just have to wait out cause your muscles aren't used to that type of activity so hard for so long. Just relax and rest your muscles for the day. Taking a hot bath definately helps! You'll notice by tomorrow morning you'll start to feel like yourself again.
P.S. Where is Lake Placid? My boyfriend lives in New York and I want to know where in retrospect to the city it is? He lives in Putnam County...East of Orange County, North of Westchester County and West of Connecticut.

Thank you and Feel better!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh I hope I feel better by tomorrow!

Lake Placid is way way NE NY. In the Adorandak mountain area - that's where we went camping and hiking. It's sooo beautiful. The camping just kicked my ***, but it was worth it.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

My first hike of the season always gets me I'm sorry you are so sore. You could try sitting in an ice bath, although it's best to do it right after you're done with the hike. Also, keeping active helps. I know it's not easy to move around when you're sore, but it really does help and can make the difference between a couple fo days of soreness and several days. I also notice that that the day after I am less sore than the day after that (does that make sense>), so moving around and keeping your muscles going the day after would help, too.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely adore Lake Placid!!! I have been there both in the summer and in the winter, and it's such a great little town.

Continue to rest and the hot bath I'm sure will help a lot too!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

U will recover sooner than you think....
glad you enjoyed it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default You've gotta stretch...

That was obviously a much more strenuous and lengthy workout than you're used to doing. Sit down tonight and instead of exercising like you normally do, take a long, hot bath with epsom salt and have a really good 45-60 minute intense stretching session right before bed. Massage your sore joints in a downward motion and when you do the stretch, hold it for 30-60 seconds at a time and do them in sets of three. You should feel a lot better when you wake up.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Along with massaging your legs, hot baths and ibuprofen take some magnesium. It helps relax the muscles. If you have a calcium magnesium vitamin at home, just take that. I think epsom salt has magnesium too, so a warm bath with that would help.

Continue with ibuprofen and using ice packs as it will help with the inflammation.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote