Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default All I need are words of support

I'm feelin' a bit down. I weighed myself today (waited since my last post of weighing twice a day) and I actually gained 2lbs. I don't know what it is...I've been stressed the past few days and have been eating saltier foods, but staying in my calorie range. I'm guessing I'm retaining water. But I'm still frustrated. My car broke yesterday which makes me stranded at home until my brother can help me get a new car.. I know I know!! I'm whining. And just writing this out helps me realize my pettiness. But I'm starting to crave butter and salt and chocolate. (NOOOO!!! !!!!!!!! )

I just have to stick with my goal keep the vision strong...the weight will come off. right???

Thanks for listening guys..you're the best.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

butter and salt and chocolate, oh my! It probably is just water retention, yes the weight will come off sorry about your car At least its a good excuse to walk lots though, right?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

So true! I walked to the grocery store yesterday!
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

see every cloud has its silver lining ^_^ keep drinking that water too
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Increase your water intake for the next few days. That'll help get rid of the extra salt in your system.

We ALL feel like this every once in a while. The weight WILL come off...the only people who don't ultimately succeed at this stuff are the ones who give up. It's so true!! We're all trying to get healthier, and if we decide it's too hard, then that's when we fail.

So keep going, don't beat yourself up too much, and ya know what? Everyone needs a good whine once in a while!! Could your brother take you to the store so you could get some (small) healthy indulgences? Like a small square of REALLY dark chocolate (it's hard to eat a lot of that stuff anyway!), or maybe some hot cocoa to drink? That way you're not denying yourself anything, just modifying...
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
Like a small square of REALLY dark chocolate (it's hard to eat a lot of that stuff anyway!)
i dunno, i love that stuff! Yummy dark bitter goodness!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #7  
I will do this.

I like arts idea. I love diet swiss miss hot chocolate. It totally craves my chocolate craving and I also like dark chocolate. A small square of dark dove chocolate is usually only 52 calories

And yes, we all need to WHINE. I wrote rant about a week back and it totally helped me just GET IT OUT before I exploded.

Also - water, water, water, water. I also pee a lot after I drink coffee or tea but maybe I am just special.

I am sending a HUGE hug your way. Hang in there!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #8  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

When I crave salt, I eat a few low sodium ritz. I know they don't have a ton of salt, but it seems like they do when I put them in my mouth salt side to tongue...weird, I know.
For chocolate, get some fat free milk and sugar free pudding singles...YES, you heard right, pudding singles! The best thing since sliced bread! They are single packets of instant pudding mix you just stir into half a cup of milk.

Taylor, you're not that weird...tea doesn't do it, but I'm from the south so I'm immune, but regular coffee makes me go constantly.

Whine all you want, that's really why we're all here.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #9  
This is not a test.

isnt caffeine one of those things that make you pee? whats it called...a diuretic?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

ohhh, tea and coffee for me. I have a kettle in my classroom and during the winter months, when I make lots of tea, the teacher across the hall knows my signal to watch my class b/c I have to go!!!!

dkneec- I have been stuck at the same number for 3 weeks now. I've stopped weighing myself. Only twice maybe once a week.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #11  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear about your car!

I personally don't get upset when I gain 1-2lbs because I know its probably water weight and it isn't a huge deal. Now, if i gain 5+lbs then I get worried. Weight isn't something that is stable throughout the day and changes a lot.

Sorry to hear about your car! They are a pain in the butt and expensive as I know. lol.

Things will get better! Take one day at a time! :-D
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Sucks about your car. Stay hydrated. Maybe if you walk a little longer today, you can treat yourself to a little low fat yogurt or a little ice cream. I don't have much regular fat stuff around. So if I do go crazy, it's not a horrible splurge.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

it does suck about ur car but i agree with the above....
every cloud has a silver lining....
using to your benefit....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Don't ever feel bad about ranting/complaining on here..it's what we're all here for! It feels good to know that there are others who can support us at our most miserable, even if it's a quick pick me up we're looking for. I hope that your week gets much better. I went through that last week. I was pms-ing, went on a business trip, had a salad with proscuitto on it, sat in a car for 3 hours and then immediately weighed myself at the gym...BAD idea!!! then, yesterday when i went back, i was back to normal and then some. So, we have our ups and downs, but this place rocks!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote