Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #136  
I will do this.

Um, yeah. Lets just say the cookies are no longer an issue. I ate too many and then threw the rest away. I couldn't do it - but at least I stopped and threw the rest away. Thursdays are my cheat nights so I am not gonna worry too much about it >.< - plus I see my trainer tomorrow. I just wish I had SOME sort of self control.

For all you girls in you UK the boyfriend and I had a UK night. We ate digestives and drank instant coffee while it rained! (Ok, I thought it was cute and it reminded him of home aka "Damn bloody rain!")

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #137  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Taylor, you goofball, you obviously have at least some sort of self control...you ate a few and threw the rest away. you should be asking for control if you had eaten all of them. You cheated on your cheat night, duh
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #138  
I will do this.

I know - I know. But I still could have eaten less. I had 7. I also feel like a failure on my cheat night even though I have a cheat night to keep myself from bingeing during the week (which does work, plus it can a date with my boyfriend, going to get drinks, wine with my dad etc) but I still feel like I should be learning self control during my cheat night so it doesn't turn into a binge night.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Taylor - this is probably a bad idea but when I can't let go the thought of dessert I go to sleep so I won't eat anything...pretty sad huh?

Tracy - Excuse my language but WTF with the neighbors. I commend you on not driving your truck right up there you know what....ARGH I hate rude azz people.

I am still trying - Hane fun a the cottage tomorrow....oh how I wish I had a few girlfriends to hang out with...but I wouldn't be so stressed the fugg out.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #140  
Proud Marine Wife

I hate how much this weight loss stresses us. So many girls here are afraid to eat! I'm from the south, if I want to eat, I eat, I don't care. Yeah, I might not lose, I might even gain, but I'm happy. So if it takes longer to lose my weight than I want it to, so be it.

I might be the only witness to a roofer tripping and falling off the roof if it goes on much longer...

It turns out I had a package that was at my backdoor, luckily it was small and they managed to get it in with all the crap, or eithey they moved it so they could put their crap there. It's supposed to rain so maybe I'll get some sleep this weekend.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

tracy -- I'm sort of of the same mind as you, I think.... I rarely go out to dinner and when I do, if I get there and I want a cheeseburger, I AM ABSOLUTELY GETTING ONE!! There's nothing that can keep me away from it!! I might gain, I might just maintain...but dangit I'll enjoy myself doing it :-)

Taylor -- your self control never ceases to amaze me. I would just eat the entire thing and chalk it up to bad judgment, haha!! You're awesome!!

Well here I am, almost Friday, and I'm feeling pretty good!! I FINALLY made some good money tonight, thanks to a table that had a $600 bill and really liked me. I was really starting to hurt for some money, so I'm glad I at least had one good shift this week (I have one more Saturday that looks distinctly unpromising...sigh...). Hopefully with the coming of fall will be the coming of more cash???? I'm also still optimistic about receiving some more birthday money for my 20th on Monday....
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #142  
Proud Marine Wife

I think people forget our bodies crave stuff for a reason, we just tend to blow it out of proportion. I mean, we go low fat for how long at a time? Then crave a cheeseburger or pizza...your body needs fat.

At least that's how I think about it...maybe it's just a way for my mind to not feel guilty, but then again, I don't really feel guilty about anything.

I am going insane. I had to take Tim to his office because I went up there to take a kid home for him and he ended up being finished with what he was doing so we went together. I got home to an obstacle course of vehicles just to get to my parking spots, and now I'm sitting here to the gentle sound of HAMMERING. I really hope they finish today.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I'm not happy today.

I tried to mess with my calories this week. I went down to 1500. I started working out more. I gained a pound and went to bed hungry last night. I also ate breakfast this morning and am still hungry. I think this my body telling me that it's hungry. So I'm bumping my calories back to 1800 b/c I'm starving..... I feel like sitting at my desk and crying. I'm so sick of this. I can't get below 282 to save my life. I don't know what to do!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #144  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Here We Go Again- Don't give up! I know you are frustrated. But, you are working hard and making good choices. SCREW THE SCALE!! I know easier said than done. However, you have to eat to lose. Just listen to your body. When you bump your calories, bump with healthy choices and not bad ones. Then, you will feel better about eating more. I have been reading about your exercise. KEEP IT UP! I know you can do it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #145  
Proud Marine Wife

I agree with Heather, you can totally do this. And honestly, I think 1500 is WAY too low for you...not to be mean, but at that weight you need more calories since you use more everyday. Go with 1800-2000 for a while, then ease off the exercise before going with someone different. You sound hungry to me, like your body just isn't getting enough food.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #146  

Thanks girls. I appreciate it. I just haven't felt this low since I've been on my weight loss journey. A part of me wants to give up but I know that I can't. I'm thinking of hiding my scale for at least a week. If it's making me this upset, I should hide it.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #147  
I will do this.

So - since my body is not use to me eating cookies I was up and down all night with an upset stomach.

I mean, I love my cheat nights because they make me feel like I can go out and eat things or have a few drinks that I normally wouldn't have - but cheat nights also trigger binges for me. The next day I feel like "Oh, well..last night was bad...so i will just sack the whole weekend." Not okay. I am practicing self control and moderation with my cheat nights. It's hard for me and sometimes it doesn't work but that is a lesson I need to learn.

GAWD, I feel so icky right now. Maybe it's something more than just an upset stomach. I canceled with my trainer today cause I don't wanna end up barfing on her. If I feel better tomorrow I will do the elliptical to make up for lost time.

here we go I think that upping your calories AND hiding the scale is a good thing. The only scale within my reach is at my dads and he lives in the next town. Hang in there, babe! You always inspire me to keep on truckin' and I know you can do it too!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #148  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFAdams View Post
I hate how much this weight loss stresses us. So many girls here are afraid to eat! I'm from the south, if I want to eat, I eat, I don't care. Yeah, I might not lose, I might even gain, but I'm happy. So if it takes longer to lose my weight than I want it to, so be it.
I know, I know. I'm totally guilty of this. I deny myself food all the time, but really...I'm a glutton, if I ate everything I had a craving for...well, I'd be 234 lbs still. I do not like to feel hungry though, I refuse to let myself get to that point. If my tummy is grumbling and I want to eat, I find something that I want and that is responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Thanks girls. I appreciate it. I just haven't felt this low since I've been on my weight loss journey. A part of me wants to give up but I know that I can't. I'm thinking of hiding my scale for at least a week. If it's making me this upset, I should hide it.
You are working out tons and you are losing weight, you just can't see it on the scale because the only thing that darned scale measures in weight, not fat vs muscle.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #149  
I will do this.

WOOT! I caught myself BEFORE a binge. I was sitting in front of the fridge, not feeling good with chocolate (more stuff from the UK) staring at me and I opened it up and started to eat it. Then put it down and went to dailyplate.com and wrote down my plan for the rest of the day (included the chocolate I just ate..only 2 little squares 60 calories) and included 2 more squares for after dinner.

I was also making burritos for my boyfriend for lunch and almost ALMOST made one for myself but then I didn't and had a laughing cow cheese sandwich and some low-sodium soup because that's what I wrote down in dailyplate. I am also not feeling well and a burrito would have not been okay.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #150  

Taylor: Good job girl! I'm so proud. *tear* Thanks for the encouragement too. I always look up to you, funny how that works.

Ghost: you are so right. Forget that scale.... I'm going to give it to my roommate and will not way myself until next Wed. It's going to be so hard!!!!