Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Tracy -- That's adorable!! My bf would probably do the same thing. It's amazing what endears our men to us, huh? The little things REALLY do count!

Here we go -- I've heard that about weight/knees, too...maybe it was Dr. Oz that said that? For some reason I think I hear his voice in my head when I think of that...

Caligirl -- Not having bad food in your house is TOTALLY a recipe for success!! That's how bf and I operate (I'm trying to lose weight, he just likes eating healthy). If we are BOTH craving something sinfully bad, we'll make sure we have to make a special trip to get it, that way it's inconvenient. Ya know what? I only use cash when I'm getting "Bad" food out, too...for some reason I just HATE seeing "xxxxx" restaurant on my bank statement!!

I'm feeling less stressed about school and stuff today...maybe that's because I only have one class tomorrow, haha! I have another audition this weekend, and I'm glad I was asked to do it because I was really sad about not doing any performing for a while. This is for a whole bunch of directors to see (I think 10 - 15), so hopefully at least one will have something they want to see me in.

I've looked at my graph on DailyPlate and it looks like I pretty consistently lose about 1 - 1.5 pounds every 10 days. Is that strange? I feel like that's pretty slow...especially when I have my calorie intake set to be 2 per week (again, according to DailyPlate).....any thoughts anyone???
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Arts: That's awesome that is awesome that you are feeling less stressed. I totally agree about not having anything bad in the house. Although I've had some vanilla ice scream in the fridge and haven't been tempted at all. which is a first!

Don't even get me started on weight loss. I don't know what's good and what's wrong, it seems like body is so stickin different than everybody else's I'm not sure I'm human. lol grrr.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #93  
I will do this.

I am really proud of myself!!

My trainer called me and told me she was running a fever and couldn't see me today.

Well, when I got home from school I worked out on my own anyway! Usually I would have been like "*uck it, I am not working out!" but I did 30 minutes on the elliptical anyway! W00t.

One of the main reasons is because the boyfriend loves chicken thighs and since they are higher in fat and calories than usual chicken breast I wanted to make sure I got a workout in before I ate them. I weighed them and stuff and took the skin off and I still am 16 calories under for the day but I will still feel better eating them since I worked out. Is that odd?

I also don't keep "sin food" in the house. All I really have is 100 calorie packs and special k bars and SOMETIMES dark chocolate. The boyfriend doesn't really....eat (could be a european thing) but he does like burritos and keeps organic ones in the freezer which I think taste like cardboard. Believe you me, oreos would not last 3 seconds in my house. I don't think I will keep them in the house when I have kids either.

Well, back to being a slave to my homework.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #94  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

We all got so caught up with Wendy's talk we forgot people are here The fries there do rock, they actually taste like potato and not deep fried salt.

I'm looking forward to exercise tonight too, since it means a walk with Tim. But it's Mythbusters night, so I might not get to.

Arts, 1-1.5 is a good estimate. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less...it can't really determine how much water you'll retain or a definite of how many calories you'll burn.

Good job Taylor! You should eat chicken thighs more often though...they may be a little higher in fat and calories, but they also have tons of nutrients your body needs, especially iron. The breasts don't have that...white meat doesn't get as much blood as the dark meat.

I've heard the knee thing in several places, but I'm sure Dr. Oz has said it, he knows everything

So, me and my mom had a tatas conversation. I told her Tim got the bumper magnet and that I might end up with a shirt that says Super Tatas because I do feel like mine are super since weight loss isn't tata loss for me. She said when I have kids they may deflate, and they will start to go different places when I age, but they are pretty super if they don't shrink with weight loss. My dad's girlfriend he's been with since he left my mom thinks my mom has an amazing rack. We have weird conversations...last week it was about how big my butt is but how shapely and high it stays. Whatever works

I'm still a little sad...I found out yesterday that one of my favorite UFC fighters was found dead in the desert around the Cali/AZ border on Monday. He was there to camp, hike and ride his motorcycle and people stopped hearing from him last week sometime, he was officially missing Friday and they found him Monday. Still don't know why, they think exposure. It was 114 when they found him so it was really hot the whole time. He was just so nice and inspirational, a big adventurer type. The desert trip was his second idea, the first was to kayak from Alaska to southern California.

Okay, look at me rambling, I'm going to stop.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #95  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post

I've looked at my graph on DailyPlate and it looks like I pretty consistently lose about 1 - 1.5 pounds every 10 days. Is that strange? I feel like that's pretty slow...especially when I have my calorie intake set to be 2 per week (again, according to DailyPlate).....any thoughts anyone???
that does seem a little low...i mean any loss is good though. The daily plate recommendations for how much to eat to lose x amount never works for me, maybe you should adjust your intake and see what happens
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #96  
I will do this.

tracy Uh, I had no idea that dark meat gets more blood than white. I so prefer dark meat but anything out of my ordinary diet scares me.

Do any of you girls do that? Have "usual foods" you eat on a daily/weekly basis and get kinda spooked when you are presented with a food you don't usually eat? I know I should widen my taste buds but I am also scared that I will stop loosing weight or it will trigger a binge.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #97  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah it's one of those weird poultry things. the breasts and wings don't really do anything, so they don't need as much blood to survive. The chicken walks all the time, so the lower part has more fat, muscle and needs more blood so it's darker and more fattening, but provides more nutrients than the rest. Breasts are just prettier, easier and faster to cook, so more people use them. I do a lot, they just don't have as much flavor as the dark so I mix it up.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #98  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFAdams View Post
Yeah it's one of those weird poultry things. the breasts and wings don't really do anything, so they don't need as much blood to survive. The chicken walks all the time, so the lower part has more fat, muscle and needs more blood so it's darker and more fattening, but provides more nutrients than the rest. Breasts are just prettier, easier and faster to cook, so more people use them. I do a lot, they just don't have as much flavor as the dark so I mix it up.
same with pork i think, those lazy pigs
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #99  

Taylor -- Safe foods???? WELCOME TO MY LIFE!! hahahaha. I basically eat the same thing all the time. Partially because that means I know what I'm eating and partially because then when I go to the grocery store I'm in/out....no putzing around in SCARY AISLES around SCARY FOODS that I don't want to put in my body!! And then I know how much I'll spend as well, haha!

Tracy -- you're so right about the estimates. I guess I should be happy that I'm losing pretty consistently at all, right?? Even if I go up a little within that time, it seems after the 10 days I'm down. Ah well...such is life I suppose!! With that estimate it means that within 20 weeks (4-5ish months) I'll be at a healthy weight, and I lovvvvvvve that thought!! I can do this for that long!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Same here. I eat the same things all the time. I am a chicken noodle soup freak!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner (i have on those really bad days), if I didn't think the sodium would kill me!! I think my problems with eating well is that I don't like variety!

I figure at this point in my weight, losing anything is better than gaining
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #101  
I will do this.

Seriously. I could copy paste my dailyplate.com everyday and get the calories.

Eggs, bread, tuna/turkey, chicken, 100 calorie packs, fruit, veggies, laughing cow, chicken, once in awhile pork, light mayo, brown rice..
I AM SO BORING.

I totally get staying out of certain areas of the store. If Chris (the bf) wants something I make him go get it because if I even STEP there I will end up with a basket of crap, run home, get into my pj's and eat it as quickly as possible while watching Life Time movies.

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-10-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #102  

Gahhh this is really bothering me...I really want to know what the other BabyBel cheeses taste like but I don't want to try them and not like them and them have all this cheese left over!!

I wish my grocery store had the gouda, I know I'd like that.....

From Taylor I heard that the original basically tastes like string cheese.....but does anyone know what the Bonbel tastes like???
Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #103  
I will do this.

I think it tastes like string cheese and it is totally yummy.

Ugh, I am going to get my TOM on sunday ( I am on the pill) and I can totally feel it now. I am super tired lately and my ta-tas hurt. I hate it. I am also craving artichokes.

My dinner was super yummy though. I really enjoy chicken thighs but since it is not my "usual" food my brain is going crazy with stupid stuff. Like, "OMG that chicken thigh was actually 3459.4 calories and you will gain 5 pounds tomorrow. Oh, and be super bloated." - But those are negative thoughts and I am trying not to entertain them. However, I still have a 100 calorie pack of popcorn to eat and I don't know if I will eat it....

Instead, I am on here and watching scrubs and effectively avoiding homework. I mean, I have all of my stuff done for tomorrow - but there are still things I COULD be doing. But that's what the weekend is for!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #104  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

OMG! Taylor...I love watching Lifetime movies and pigging out. I figure their problems are much worse than mine. I think I've watched 'She's too Young' like a million times.

I eat the same thing all the time. I have mad cravings for like ice cream and cinnamon buns, but I never give in. for one, I don't think I really like ice cream. I can actually go years without it. But cinnamon buns are the devil for me, cause I can just eat them and eat them. At IKEA, they have these huge ones with all that icing....ahhhhhh. Lemme me stop thinking about it. Luckily, I can't really buy food at the store that will trigger a binge...good pizza and good Chinese food are two things I have to stay FAR away from. I can't go near that stuff until I'm at least 200 lbs.

I was wheezing yesterday and that scared the bejesus out of me. Had to actually use my inhaler. I seriously can't believe I'm asthmatic again.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #105  
I will do this.

My comfort thing is chinese take-out, life time movies, my pjs, my favorite pillow and my teddy bear. I haven't done that in months but yeah, that's basically me when I feel like dying.