Old 09-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #31  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I love Biggest Loser too. It's definitely inspiring. My mum watches it too (and she has MAYBE 10lbs to lose) and my little brother watches it (who has about 30lbs to GAIN due to him being a scrawny little 15 year old). I just think it's a really good show.

I think the weight loss is unhealthy only if you expect your numbers to be like theirs are. They workout at least 20+ hours a week from what I've heard and create a massive calorie deficit by doing so. Normal people don't have the time to workout to that extreme degree and can't expect to lose weight at the rate they do.

I agree that neither Jillian or Bob would be involved in the show if it was completely unhealthy.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #32  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I think one of my favorite things was finding out they have a cheat day where they get to just splurge on a meal. It's like it reminds me they're human! Only 6 more days YAY!!!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I loveeeeeeee watching TBL! I'm in Uk so ultimately end up downloading them though which of course means a little lag behind you guys. Helps to really immerse myself in the topic of weightloss at times you know? To see people doing it and that it IS possible.

(Oh and Bob is pretty damn hot! Actually... so is Jillian!)

Last edited by denialisnthappiness; 09-10-2008 at 03:17 PM.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #34  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I agree, they're both hot. I mean, I have my Marine to be eye candy whenever I want, but there's something about Bob...I think it's that almost rebel look he has going, looking all scruffy. Sounds shallow, but THAT kind of fit, hotness makes me want to work out. My husband makes me want to because he's got the fit hotness going and I'm like "you seriously want to be seen in public with my jiggly self?"
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #35  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I think I'm the only person on this planet that hates it.

o_0
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #36  

Height: 5'3"

I am sooo freakin excited for TBL to start again!!!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I'm excited!! Can't wait.
fancy daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I also love the biggest loser! I picked up the cookbook and the workout routine book on amazon.com (I am not a dvd workout person, but I can follow a book). They are great. I talk about the people and the recipes to my husband like he should know these people. I always feel back when someone has to go home, because I know they all need to be there to do well. If someone could put me on a farm and feed me and make me exercise for like 6-8 weeks, I would be so excited. Angry and my body would hurt, but at some point I would be excited.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote