Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default it's time to meet someone...

i've never really been a fan of the whole dating thing... but i think that's always been because my body got in the way, in more ways than one. now i'm 27, i've been in two long-term relationships, two other questionable relationships... and i think i'm finally ready to let go of the 'crap' and put myself back out there. however, now we're standing at that same wall... the one between the safe zone and the 'putting myself out there' zone... and i don't know what to do.

i've tried the popular internet sites... only to have some experiences that make me think that it's not the right way for me to go about this. I don't drink, so the bar scene is out. I work at curves (all women), a preschool (all married women) a marching band (all married guys), and for myself. My roommate works for a mental health clinic... lol. Our church is mostly older people or middle-aged couples. I'm literally scraping the bottom of the barrell and don't know what else to do... but whatever i'm doing sure isn't working... I've going back to the regular gym to help my roommate get herself in gear, so we'll be in the women's gym (but i'm not exactly gym-bunny anyway...lol) until she re-acclimates to the environment.

short of moving and starting over... where am i supposed to meet someone?
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Do you play any sports? I play city league softball, and there are tons of available, hot, very athletic men. I've always wanted to do city league soccer. This is a great non-alcoholic way to meet men.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

maybe you should join some classes in things you are interested in?....
i met my fella in a chatroom that i used to talk to all my old college mates in....
u do meet them in the wierdest of places....
and when your least expecting it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

I use to take karate / self defence classes, and I met many people there. I also help to build self esteem. The second when I get to Onederland, I am going to join a club again.

Cant wait!!
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Why not take a cooking class? Lots of men like to cook and how hot is it to have a guy who knows how to cook? Also could do an art or pottery class, whatever it is your interested in.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 AM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I think sometimes you're just as likely to find somebody buying milk in the store as you are when you go searching for them. I would just advise you and your friends to get together and just be more active, go as many different places and meet as many different people as you can. I find it easier meeting new people when I'm with friends, and even if you do this and dont meet somebody special you'll meet more friends and open more doors for yourself.

Please let us know how it goes! Best of luck
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
I think sometimes you're just as likely to find somebody buying milk in the store as you are when you go searching for them. I would just advise you and your friends to get together and just be more active, go as many different places and meet as many different people as you can. I find it easier meeting new people when I'm with friends, and even if you do this and dont meet somebody special you'll meet more friends and open more doors for yourself.

Please let us know how it goes! Best of luck
yes, i have also found (in my VERY limited experience lol) that you meet someone when you least expect it, and when you are having fun. I guess a person who knows how to enjoy themselves is attractive?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Dancing girl--I agree, it's very difficult to meet men. I do drink, so I sometimes meet men at the bars, but they are never quality, so that doesn't help at all. I think that joining a sport team is a good idea, because there will be men, plus you'll get your workout in!

Also, if you feel comfortable, ask your friends to set you up! And certainly, some of the older people at your church have single children/grandchildren...maybe you could mention to them that you're interested in meeting someone. Some churches even have single nights.

Good luck!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #9  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

maybe some of ur friends or co workers could set u up but i would at least get his pic 1st lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #10  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Online dating! That's where I met my fiance. However, your mileage may vary when it comes to that!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I met my fiancee through online dating as well. I just thought I'd throw that out there!
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

mamaspank: Hot, athletic men? Sign me up! haha

I have the same problems finding guys. So I'm glad to see all the wonderful suggestions!

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 08-27-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Oops. mistaking quoting.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #13  
I will do this.

I met my fiance online as well!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

...all I've met online are guys I'm not very into.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #15  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I met my husband online! We've been married almost 3 years and we have a son together!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote