3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How do you reward yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/149284-how-do-you-reward-yourself.html)

carinna 08-16-2008 01:49 PM

How do you reward yourself?

Not just diet/exercise-wise, but whenever you do a good job. At work, at home, wherever. What do you indulge yourself in to celebrate? For me, I go shopping and splurge on one thing I wouldn't normally buy for myself. :D

Quiet Ballerina 08-16-2008 02:32 PM

I'm trying to come up with rewards for myself when I reach little mini-goals in my weight loss.

Obviously, the last goal will be an awesome shopping trip where I buy *nice* clothes. :) That way I'll stick with eating right so that they continue to fit.

Iconised Ghost 08-16-2008 07:07 PM

i give my self in the "inner cheer" and im just like yes! I AM the best! Oh yes. Yes i am.

And then i might buy myself something nice. If its an exercise/weight victory then its usually something exercise related, a new work out top or something. If its something else then i just get something that i want but dont really need :D usually a new gadget or a song off iTunes

guynna 08-16-2008 07:11 PM

In another 6 pounds I'm having a manicure : )
anita

Mango683 08-16-2008 10:11 PM

Weekly reward: I move my ticker down!
Mini Goals: I buy myself a new workout piece of clothing- something Nike Fit-Dry, like a shirt, shorts, socks, etc.
Goal: ?- I can't even imagine that one yet!!

sh3l5 08-17-2008 03:04 AM

at my goal my friend is insisting on a photoshoot....
he is a professional photographer....
and is offering it for free!....

Star2Be 08-17-2008 03:09 PM

I like to treat myself with little things that don't break the bank... My favorite thing of late is to buy myself new bottles of nail polish! I used to bite my nails really badly, so I still get a big thrill from painting them and keeping them nice when I can. :) I also might buy a lip gloss or something... I love cosmetics, hehe. I didn't do anything in particular to celebrate my first mini-goal; I'll guess I'll have to come up with something for the next one! Maybe a manicure. OH, and another thing that's kind of in the back of my mind is that I eventually want to dye my hair blonde! :D That's more like a reward for my ultimate goal.

Nevaeh 08-18-2008 12:33 PM

Well I am addicted to shopping so I'll treat myself to a new outfit, some new shoes, makeup, anything. I also love treating myself to pedicures, massages, manicures...pampering myself!

ghost 08-18-2008 12:47 PM

I treat myself to a new goal, and then I buy myself a book because I am a bibliophile. I think this round with goals I am going to have to buy some new jeans...HAVE to, because my butt is all saggy in size 14 jeans and I prefer them to hug my curves.

Spoz 08-18-2008 01:31 PM

I havent reached a goal in so long I forget how it feels...but I never used to reward myself for reaching them. Maybe thats where I've gone wrong!

lointhecity 08-18-2008 01:40 PM

MAKEUP!!!!! but I dont really need the 'prize'. The huge self confidence boost reaching a goal gives me, I feel on top of the mountain!!

carinna 08-18-2008 02:01 PM

sh3l5........that photoshoot sounds awesome!!! You'll have to share some of the pics with us when you have them done!

And Spoz - you have to remember to reward yourself, in any little victory (not just weight-related). Celebrating YOU is essential in being healthy and well rounded. Besides, there's lots to celebrate. :hug:

TJFitnessDiva 08-18-2008 02:08 PM

When I hit my mini goal of 35 pounds gone I got my hair cut and a pedicure at my fav (and expensive) salon :)

I haven't thought of what my reward for hitting my next 35 pounds gone but I know it'll be something good!!

caligirl98 08-18-2008 02:12 PM

Sadly, I tend to reward myself with food. Like I give up sooooo much that when I reach a goal, I eat something that I never get to eat. Like if I can ever reach 215, I will be getting some pizza. I miss pizza. I haven't had any Round Table (my fave) in about 3 years and some change. I've had bad pizza sporadically so that helps, because if it's bad, it makes me not want any. I cannot wait to get a gourmet veggie with extra cheese.

carinna 08-20-2008 11:55 AM

Caligirl, I do the same also. I treat myself to a little of something bad that I haven't allowed myself to eat in a long time. That pizza sounds delicious, btw. :drool: