Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/145/125-130

Height: 5'7"

Default First post... Eeekk!!

So, this is my first post here. I'm actually quite nervous to post, even though I know everyone is extremely helpful!

I'm a pharmacy student and since I've started, I feel like my weight has just been creeping up slowly. I think I've put on about 20 pounds. The way I gain weight is all from the waist down, though. So while my old shirts still fit just fine, my bottoms have gone up a size. This is especially frustrating because I look so very... uneven. I've always been a pear, even at my smallest, but the size 8/10 pants with the size small top has just been eating away at my self-esteem.

Anyway, I'm here to get some support on my journey. From the time I was about 12 until 20 I was the same size. Dieting isn't something I'd ever had to consider in the past and man, it's HARD! It really is!

I've been trying to eat reasonable - 1500-1800 calories a day, exercising several times a week. I've always enjoyed working out and if I had the time to just eat what I want and work out more, I would -definitely- take it. I turn to food when I'm bored, sad, happy.

Mainly though, I just want to feel like the old me. I've never had so many body image issues and it's getting to the point that I'm concerned about my emotional well-being. I hope eating right and exercising will at least raise my spirits!
infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

to 3FC!

There is no doubt that exercise will help raise your spirits! Exercise produces endorphins, which help make you happier of course And you'll be so proud of yourself for staying on plan that you won't have a choice but to feel good about that too! It sounds like you have a very sensible plan in mind and I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

exercising always raises my spirits so at least you have that! Welcome to the forum, I'm a relative newby also.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

First of all

I just wanted to say that I was in EXACTLY your position when I decided it was time to change. I went to Europe to study abroad for three months and gained atleast ten pounds while I was there, taking me past 145 on the scales. eeeek.

I too am pear shaped, I gained all my weight in my thighs and I just looked completely awkward!

I started making changes in January by "watching what I eat" and then that didn't make a big difference so I started calorie counting a few months ago.. I've lost atleast 18 pounds so far (10 since I started journaling in June) and now I'm lighter and in much better shape than I ever remember being. Looking back it on my old eating habits, it kind of grosses me out what I used to have! And even though my metabolism liked me then.. it was bound to catch up to me at one point. Now I eat verrrry healthy, work out and I love it!

I wish you luck on your weight loss journey! Don't be afraid to ask questions, rant, or anything!

tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I think these ladies said it all!
I just wanted to share with you that when I started with 3FC, I lost a whopping 57lbs. When I slacked from 3FC, I gained a large portion of it back. I truly believe that along with a nutritionally balanced diet and exercise, support is also a huge motivator.

I could not have lost what I did without these ladies.
I think you'll find just what you need here

Last edited by martiniforme; 08-13-2008 at 06:25 PM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Exercise produces endorphins, which help make you happier of course
*giggles* All I could think about was that quote from Legally Blonde:

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."

Welcome to 3FC!!!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote