Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #61  
Get through today

Hey all! Wow, everyone here is so busy living their lives and kickin' butt! It's just a support to hear people having ups and downs and just plowing through. It's easy for me to isolate myself and lost hope, but with this place, I always have a place to go. Thank you!

This week has been looooong, and I've been all over the place emotionally. I don't know what's up. Eh, tomorrow is Friday. I've been staying on (or VERY close to) plan, and getting up every morning to work out, and 4 days a week getting in a second workout. I am hoping if I just continue to do this, it will become a habit and just a part of life. Big plans this weekend of cleaning and organizing, but I'm also going to get outside and read and maybe see a movie. Yeah!

taragettingthin -- I'm going to get some of those noodles, I think I've seen them before. They sounds like they could be really good!

Here we go again -- Moving DEFINITELY counts as exercise! And way to go on the fruit cup, that is awesome!

leighish -- These are the kinda successes that really feel good. SUPER CONGRATS!!!

Taylor86 -- I get tired just reading your posts, dang girl! That is the way to do it, plan and organize and give everything a place. You know what you're doing!

Ohh, all that talk about bread and ice cream, I need to go read some goal stories now!!!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

jks -- the chocolate mousse cannoli is my fave. So so so so fabulous. I never know the game schedule, but I'm sure I'll be encountering some Sox fans tomorrow when I'm out & about!

here we go -- Moving is DEFINITELY exercise!! A little bit harder to track than other forms, but lifting and carrying everything?? Definitely. Since you're going to be going to church more, why don't you walk? If it's so close it's a good way to get more exercise in

leighish -- congrats!! Losing a size is so so satisfying!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #63  

Bella -- I think that the KEY to all of this is just "plowing through" as you said. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this is hard, but then I come here and the support is just great It sounds like you're doing really well!!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #64  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
Bella -- I think that the KEY to all of this is just "plowing through" as you said. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this is hard, but then I come here and the support is just great It sounds like you're doing really well!!
I have a coworker who literally eats NONstop junk foods and is tall and thin.. and likes to talk about her "rolls" (yeah, there aren't any)... Another coworker who just had a baby and is SMALLER than before she got pregnant, and a third who barely eats at all. This place is my oasis of support and I am grateful every. single. day.

Last edited by BellaHTH; 08-14-2008 at 11:05 PM.
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #65  
I will do this.

Bella I get tired of reading Tara's posts! Works night, single mom, full time student and on most days she finds time to work out for an hour and 1/2! Really, any single parent is a hero to me.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #66  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I'll say! She's like a machine

I've got a sore throat im tossing up between whether its me getting sick, or if i just slept with my mouth wide open again last night
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #67  

Okay ladies....setting myself a little goal for today -- I have auditions coming up for a show I REALLY want to get into so I want to get a little boost of confidence by (hopefully) getting to 195 before then. So: I'm going to make it to the gym twice today!! Once after I get up and eat my breakfast, then again tonight once I'm done with my stuff for the day.

I'm a HUGE fan of watching the Olympics, and having been an competitive swimmer for 5 years, I'm majorly into watching swimming, and I've been a BIG Michael Phelps fan for about 5 years now. I'm so happy to see him doing so well and I've gotta make sure I'm back from the gym in time to see him swim tonight!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I'm glad that moving counts as exercising! Makes me feel better, b/c I'm so sore!

Arts- I'm so going to start walking to church. It will be so close and parking is a pain anyways.

I'm so annoyed!!!!! I've been OP all week. I've been so good. I actually have been under my cals. Anyways, I bought a scale yesterday b/c I'm moving and the roomie took her scale. I hadn't weighed since Monday. I weighed this morning. I was the say freaking weight! Grrr... I have not budged since July 29th. What am I doing wrong? It makes me so frustrated. Part of me just wants to starve myself, but I know that wouldn't help anything. I know 16 days isn't that long, but I have so much to lose you would think my weight would be coming off. I'm using the daily plate and I know I'm calculating my cals right.

Any suggestions?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #69  

Here we go -- that scale could be just a little different than the one you were on before. Are you drinking enough water? I know you've been moving so that's a lot of sweating/work, etc. Make sure you're re-hydrating. Please don't get too down on yourself. I was stuck at 202 for WEEKS. Literally. WEEKS. Almost a month before getting below 200. And then I had a little blip and now I'm back at my lowest weight....you just HAVE to keep trying. I know that's not the answer you probably wanted to hear, but unfortunately it's the one that works. Keep going and it'll happen.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #70  

Thanks Arts.... I appreciate that. I'm drinking at least 3 liters a day after I drink that I quit counting so I probably drink about 4 liters/ day.

It is a cheaper scale. I can tell my face is a lil thinner over the last 16 days. So I guess I'm still "losing".

This is the amount of cal I've had this week. Am I not eating enough?

M-1445
T- 1108
W- 1444
Th-1133
Fr- so far today 186
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #71  
I will do this.

here we go It is possible you aren't eating enough. For your weight and height I would say you should aim for 1,400 - 1,600. I do like the way (maybe you didn't plan it ) how are you changing the amount of cals you eat to shake up your body but I would say you need to eat a tad more.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #72  

Thanks, Taylor. No, I didn't plan it. I don't have a kitchen this week b/c I've been moving. So actually it's a miracle that I been sticking to healthy eating.

I know that this is stupid, but I'm SCARED to eat more calories. It's like if I allow myself to eat more calories than I'll eat too many. I've always been an all or nothing person and I'm afraid that I'll gain.... how to do you overcome that? Does anyone else go through this?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #73  

Here we go -- I think that might be too low. That's around where I'm eating and I'm at a lower weight and am shorter, so I feel like that might be restricting a bit too much for you. Have you tried the calorie calculator on Daily Plate?

I weighed today and am down to 197.5!! So happy
Old 08-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #74  

Arts: That's awesome!

Yeah, that's what I've been using.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #75  

And they set you that low?? That's weird that you would be so near where my cals are.... how do you have your activity level set? I would suggest increasing a little bit...just like, 150 cals. Do that for a week or two and see what happens.