Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

My husband and I have talked about getting Wii Fit. I've heard that your excercise routine is picked for you, though, and you can't opt out of exercises that you either don't want to focus on or can't do. Is this true? I have excess bone in my ankle and cannot do some yoga poses as a result. I have a wii, but don't want to spend the money on wii fit if I cannot use it.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #17  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i have it and i love it.

i do a lot of the balance games

i bike too and swim

i'm limited to NON-IMPACT work but the ortho said Wii and Wii FIT (when i'm not in a boot for my ankle) is FINE!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:38 AM   #18  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

Heidelene, you can choose what exercises you want to do, Wii Fit doesnt choose it for you. You can pick and choose what you want, when you want!!
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1970 View Post
Heidelene, you can choose what exercises you want to do, Wii Fit doesnt choose it for you. You can pick and choose what you want, when you want!!
Sweet! I really want to start saving up for one. I still want to go to the gym, but it'd definatley be great for those nights when I just want to be a homebody but still need a work out!
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 AM   #20  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im still not convinced....
i think for me the novelty will ware off pretty quickly....
i dont know....
i dont think id use it for any other purpose....
like to play 'general' games....
boyfriend is trying to convince me to get one....
maybe its for his benefit more....

one question though....
would i be able to maintain my weight loss with the wii fit and exercises it offers?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:35 AM   #21  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i don't have a wii, but heard about it and it sounds like a nice fun exercise. But then again, 200+ euro for it is a big deal....And if you're not a game person then maybe it's not really worth it. For example, hula hoop one. It's ok if you practice on wii, but then again, if you actually have a real hula hoop, it's always the best. Lol.
If you always are bored from normal exercise (you know, like me, who cannot stand more than 5 minutes just to stand running) then maybe getting it would be a real nice and it would hook you with exercise more. But if not, i think just keep it for later
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #22  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

it's fun. It's NOT hard core. it CANNOT be THE ONLY exercise you do.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #23  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

We have a Wii, but we don't have the Wii Fit. Shoot, I think the boxing game that is on Wii sports would be a pretty decent workout!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

I think the best way to view Wii fit is as something that will keep you more active than if you were just on the couch. It holds you very accountable for your strength and yoga exercises and makes sure you keep your balance and keep your core steady. They do have a "jogging on the spot" exercise which you can do for 3/5/10/20/30 minute intervals, and that one is a legitimate work-out. The boxing one is as well. But the balance exercises are more of a way to "test" your fitness level than anything else.

It could be a good source of exercise as long as you aren't doing only the balance games.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #25  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

thought it'd be worth mentioning in the winter they're coming out with a new balance board game called Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum, so for those who want to have more than one option for exercise on the wii, that might be something to look for. I know I'll probably pick it up when it comes out!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote