Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Me: 1 Junk food: 0

Hi All!!
Just wanted to pipe in about what I'm super proud about. I successfully rejected temptation last night! I had an ultimate battle between good and evil in my mind and good won the championship.

I successfully rejected a chip and chocolate run and instead went into the kitchen, made some tea and had 4 teddy graham cookies (20 calories total) to subdue any remnants of a craving.

Looks like I really am committed to eating healthy and losing the last 10 pounds! awesome!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good for you!!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

I had a friend over last night to watch a movie, and he made a bag of popcorn, and even though I really wanted to make a bag of my own I contented myself with having a handful from his bag, and then stopping.

This morning the scale was down another .8 lbs

Last edited by cornellchick; 08-07-2008 at 12:54 PM.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #4  

Congrats! I love these little victories... it makes you feel so strong.
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #5  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Yay!!!

I just had a similar battle with a tray of breakfast pastries... I stepped away from the table and never looked back.

Yay!!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Yay for you! But I have no idea how you stopped at only 4 teddy grams! They're sooo good. They have the 100 calorie packs of those-has anyone tried them? I'm one of those people who cannot limit myself to the calorie count they tell you-I have to have it limited for me (meaning I couldn't just eat 100 calories worth of doritoes, I need someone to give me a premeasured amount so I can't keep eating more than the 100 calories). So I'm super impressed with your restraint there!
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm the same way, I have to buy pre measured foods. Single serving. Controlling portions is really tough! When I get a box of pasta, I put a portion in little zip lock baggies and then just grab one when I want pasta. I don't over eat then!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #8  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Yeah, those portion sizes...the other day I decided to measure out 3/4 of a cup of cereal because I know I eat more than a single serving. 3/4 of a cup is like 4 spoonfuls. I would not last until snack time, especially since it's not a given that I will have time to actually grab a snack.

I think my favorite snack is the popcorn mini bags. They are 210 cals a bag so I don't feel too bad about eating it while I'm watching a movie.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

About the self control on teddy grahams... to be honest I'm not sure how I do it! If it were any other cookie I would be restraining myself from eating a row. But with the teddys, I think it's just a mind game. There's four of them, therefore I shouldn't need more. And they're only allowed if I'm having tea. maybe it's because they're not super high in sugar so it doesn't hit the craving button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
Yeah, those portion sizes...the other day I decided to measure out 3/4 of a cup of cereal because I know I eat more than a single serving. 3/4 of a cup is like 4 spoonfuls. I would not last until snack time, especially since it's not a given that I will have time to actually grab a snack.
I measure my cereal too and found that the only way my mind would accept the portion size (1/2 cup) is by using a small bowl and a small spoon. Works great for me! And having something low in sugar, high in fibre, with yogurt or fruit. I still get hungry a couple hours later but it keeps me on track.

Last edited by prepping; 08-08-2008 at 01:07 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #10  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

LOL! I'd have to eat out of a coffee cup and use a baby spoon for my mind to accept that!
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

lol

I measured my cereal out yesterday. It really isn't enough.... I figure I'll do 1 and a half servings of cereal, then I'm having a bit more calories with breakfast which keeps me fuller longer. Since cereal is pretty low cal anyways...

I usually just eat oatmeal though. What do you guys do for breakfasts?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/165/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
I usually just eat oatmeal though. What do you guys do for breakfasts?

I'm in love with the Special K protein bars - for any WW people they are 3 points, and the protein keeps you full until lunch. The chocolate peanut butter ones are a lot better.

I have to portion food too. I was proud of myself today because I gave away a free cookie coupon to Subway - but only because I knew if I had it and went to eat there (which I do a lot) that I'd want the cookie.

I have no willpower... I'm learning to gain some.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote