Old 08-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #31  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

GUH! I haven't tried to paint my toenails in years. Right now, I'm looking forward to the day when I can cross my legs. *happy sigh*
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #32  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
That's how it is with me. I suppose I buckled down back in February and I really don't go out as much as I used to. My friends aren' too happy with my lifestyle change. but going out with them means dinner, a movie (with soda and popcorn), out to eat again around midnight and then another all night diner where we can get some desert. I just can't hang like that anymore.
Yes! Just last night I had dinner around 6, then go to hang out with my friends and around midnight one of my friends gets this "intense craving" for mozzarella sticks, so we take a field trip to a 24-hour Wal*Mart just so she could pick some up, and while we're there, two of my OTHER friends decide that they want to get a huge frozen pizza. Of course I tell them "no, it's okay, I'm not hungry, I had a really big dinner," etc, and they're all like "are you suuuure??" They're not trying to sabotage me or anything, but they don't know about me trying to lose weight, and I always joined in on pigouts before, so I guess they just don't get why I keep saying "no" all of a sudden.

I always feel funny about saying "no" in front of a group of friends, too, because I feel like although I've already lost a little bit, it's not really noticeable yet. So I feel like, even if I'm resisting food all the time, right now I'm still pretty big--so, they might be thinking, Why does she even bother? She's just going to go home and eat a bag of chips. or something like that. Of course I know they're my friends and they love me, but I just get paranoid. I feel like I can never really know what my friends think of my weight, because we never talk about it.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I haven't told my friends I am loosing weight either. I told my roommates, but that's about it. I"m really scared to tell them, it's like telling them is saying to the world "I'm not happy with myself!!!" It's kind of embarrassing.

I used to have an eating disorder *years ago* so I'm even more afraid to tell people I'm trying to lose weight because they'll think I'm relapsing. It's a tough spot to be in.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 215/144/130

Height: 5'5"

At work people told me I was looking too skinny and that they were "worried about me" when i was down into the 120's... but my BMI was within range, but I got paranoid and started binging out of the diet and now I'm overweight again. So nowthey have stopped talking. It's like once you reach a skinny point they say it's too much, and are willing to criticize you for it, but they aren't willing to tell you when you actually look a decent weight.
skinnymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:43 AM   #35  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

My DH in gung ho about me losing weight, which actually makes me feel worse... Like I wish he waould tell me he loves and accepts me no matter how I look, but, nope - instead I get, "Oh, you've lost 50lbs before, you should have no problem doing it again"....

Yeah, but before I was counting on sugarfree RedBull and diet pills to get me trhough the day. Now I have a 2 month old and house to run.... Its not like I have all day to excerise and starve myself.... UGH!
Austons Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:07 AM   #36  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

2 people this weekend have told me im looking good....
my bfs mum told me im lookin much slimmer....
and a mate i ent sin in months told me ive lost a loada weight and looking good for it!...
its such a buzz....
expecially after a no loss week....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #37  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

@ sh3l5 - Its so great to hear people notice your loss, I loved it! Keep up the good work!
Austons Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

A coworker who has ALWAYS been 150 told me that I was small enough..and proabably didn't need to lose much more when I was about 165..However if she ever went to 155 she began a strict diet...........I jokingly told her that her including my mom who CONSTANTLY thought that because I had lost so much that it was too much and i should just "stop" my diet now are just jealous that I am going to eventually be smaller than them........and today I am!!! My friends say I'm hot..my boyfriend says I look awesome but sometimes worries that I don't eat enough.......I tell him that I eat ENOUGH...as in lots of healthy stuff....not too much junk! But other than that a lot of people are amazed with how well I've done and are always telling me I look great!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

It seems like we're not eating enough to other people, becasue they are eating to maintain - or even gain!

I used to have an eating disorder, and I can tell you first hand what isn't enough. What I'm seeing here, is enough. We're all doing out limited calorie intake, but nothing is overboard. If you're ever eating under 1200 calories, then you need to take a step back, and evaluate what you're doing, becasue that isn't enough for anyone.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote