3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   5 seconds away from a binge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/147982-5-seconds-away-binge.html)

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 08:33 PM

5 seconds away from a binge

Alright help me. I have done really well on not emotionally eating, but good GOD I feel like I'm going to go down the street grab some chips and eat them all.. Then grab the Girl Scout cookies that I have in the freezer and EAT THEM ALL.. I had a trigger earlier today and have resisted until now when I saw the salsa in the fridge and my mind went crazy about all the food I want to consume to ease the emotional pain..

BAH.. It bothers me that I can let someone who isn't even in my life get to me. Someone who hasn't been in my life for months make me want to put weeks and months of hard work mean nothing. I mean a binge could put all the hours in the gym and all the dropping sizes mean nothing.

i am still trying 08-01-2008 08:44 PM

wow, you have already come so far. I knwo you will regret eating it immediately after you do, so don't.
We all understand that emotional eating pattern. Try to avoid. Call a friend, keep you mouth occupied. :)

tater tash 08-01-2008 08:49 PM

Throw the cookies away!

If this person isn't in your life now and hasn't been for awhile, then they have absolutely NO right to let you destroy all your accomplishments. They're not in your life for a reason, leave it that way and don't let them get any satisfaction from you binging. I know its hard, but do what you can to avoid food. Drink a diet cola, the carbonation and artificial sugar might help satisfy something, go for a walk or go to sleep.

and I mean it, throw those dang cookies away!

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 08:53 PM

This day has been crazy since I started this whole craving. I have gone to Walmart, had lunch with my sister at her house, cleaned my whole place, walked the dog, lol anything to keep from sitting down and thinking... Thanks good advice!

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 09:01 PM

YES I need to throw the cookies away, I try to keep them here for my nieces and nephews as a little treat after dinner... ok cookies are thrown away.. lol I actually got up and threw them away just now.

I know that he shouldn't dictate how I feel and what I do, but I can't seem to drop the fact that my heart is completely broken by actions he took. I know I know time time time will ease the pain, but I do get weak sometimes.. :( I need to get over it. I do and not let it impede my work now..

walking2lose 08-01-2008 09:22 PM

Good job!!!

artsnsmarts 08-01-2008 09:36 PM

Sephy -- AWESOME JOB THROWING THE STUFF AWAY!!

I have problems with binging as well, and I KNOW how hard it is to just throw it away. Unfortunately, I also have a grocery store LESS than a block away, so it's so so easy to go and get more.....

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 09:38 PM

Yeah I live a couple of blocks away from a convenience store that makes hot food. YEAHHHH.. Horrible. Thanks girls! I'm starting to feel better knowing that I am not the only one who goes through this..

Iconised Ghost 08-01-2008 09:43 PM

everyone gets weak sometimes- you've come so far now, dont you dare give in! I am motivated by your loss so you arent allowed to binge ;) Well doen throwing out the cookies! Now do something to take your mind off eating, go for a walk, doing jumping jacks, play a game, anything!

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 09:47 PM

LOL I am trying to get my sister to play some Wii with me! Other than that I'm surfing the web and planning my workouts. What one does with time on their hands! :)

SephyFowl 08-01-2008 09:52 PM

I have convinced her to play some Wii so I am off to play that and hopefully avoid food at all costs while I am over there! Thanks girls for your help! :D

tater tash 08-01-2008 09:56 PM

Good job throwing them away! Don't go digging them out of the trash now! haha. I understand that pain that you may be going through, but if you binge you'd only feel worse don't you think? Kudos on trying to keep so busy! I know from personal experience, the more I post on here, the more I read about nutrition and weightloss, the more I plan my workouts.. my cravings slowly start to diminish. Just think how much better you're going to feel tomorrow morning when you wake up knowing that you don't need food to handle todays emotions.

Keep up the good work!

Mango683 08-01-2008 11:07 PM

I completely sympathize with you, especially tonight. Except stress makes me the opposite, really (I give up eating, which my friends had to take me out just to get me to eat something).

But how much better did you feel once you threw the cookies out? pretty awesome, I imagine? It's amazing how empowering such a simple act can be, but so symbolic of much more!

I hope that you can get over this hump, but I know exactly how you feel- exactly. Time heals- cookies don't:-)

I Heart Diet Coke 08-01-2008 11:57 PM

man... it must be something about today lol

Tonight as I was driving home from the gym I saw my husband and brother driving to go pick up a pizza and I was sooooo wanting to binge and eat like 5 pieces even though I had eaten all my calories for the day... I didn't and I'm really proud of that but TRUST ME I so know how hard it is to stay strong when you want something so bad in the moment!

Just remember never give up what you want the most for something that you want in the moment :)

you can do it girl

valpal23 08-02-2008 01:07 AM

I'm going to be another one that chimes in about today.

I worked two jobs today. my full time and my casual one. I got home about 10 and went to collect rent from my new roomies (I bought a house so I could stay in this city but cant afford it without roomies) the person living in the basement.. . wouldnt answer his door (a flimsy sliding one I installed to give him privacy) I'm a freaking good landlord and dont overcharge like everyone else in this place... and I'm atleast 8 years younger than this guy.

I sooo wanted to go eat crap. instead I got a diet coke and pickles from mcd's.. then calmed down and split a danish with a friend. totally in control and okay as a treat.

today sucks. I want to kick that roomie's butt. seriously if he needs to get the money I get that (he makes way more than me) but dont just complely ignore me. that just rubs me the wrong way.