3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   52 down, 50 to go. buddy, anyone? [Daily Check in!] (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/147603-52-down-50-go-buddy-anyone-%5Bdaily-check-%5D.html)

swae85 08-11-2008 06:33 PM

hmmm... this may sound silly but what is orange pop? We have sunkist over here but from how you are all talking it seems like orange pop is a cross between sunkist and coke?

:welcome3: heidelene & AllAboutDieting!

heidelene: we currently have the Ekka on here in Brisbane (a festival show thingie with showbags and food and rides) and it is traditional to have a pluto pup at the Ekka. for those who dont know a pluto pup is like a battered sausage/frankfurt/weiner thing on a stick with tomato sauce (ketchup)...sooooooo good. Luckily i don't have time to go to the Ekka this year otherwise i'd be eating so many!
pork chops on a stick sounds a little bit worrying....

bjeweled: :congrat: on staying OP and for having such a good weekend! i love WW mainly because you can still pretty much eat what you want (within points obviously) but they teach you more about portions and good fats vs bad fats etc. also, they make pretty yummy food! but i definitely find i need the meetings too, if i don't have the imminent weighing in session every thursday then i find i eat stuff i shouldn't.

heidelene 08-11-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swae85 (Post 2311803)
hmmm... this may sound silly but what is orange pop? We have sunkist over here but from how you are all talking it seems like orange pop is a cross between sunkist and coke?

heidelene: we currently have the Ekka on here in Brisbane (a festival show thingie with showbags and food and rides) and it is traditional to have a pluto pup at the Ekka. for those who dont know a pluto pup is like a battered sausage/frankfurt/weiner thing on a stick with tomato sauce (ketchup)...sooooooo good.

pork chops on a stick sounds a little bit worrying....

Orange pop = Sunkist. Or Fanta. Or any other carbonated orange flavored bevorage. If I were from elsewhere in the US I might call it Orange Soda...or if you're in the South, every form of carbonated beverage is refered to as Coke. Sunkist is my fav, but I'm thinking of switching alliances to avoid the caffiene.

And a Pluto Pup sounds exactly like what we call a corn dog. They are sooooo yummy! I also like breakfast dogs, which are sausages dipped in pancake batter and fried.

As for Porkchop on a stick, it's not like a porkchop stuck on a dowel rod or anything...they just shave the meat from the bone in such a way that you can hold the porchop by the bone (as if it were a stick) and eat it like that. Rather barbaric, but good for when you're walking around the fairgrounds.

Question for you out in Oz/NZ - do you guys have Nutella? For some reason I thought Nutella came from that area. Just wondering if you knew if it was bad or good for you and how it tastes. I have an oportunity to get some from work but didn't know if it was worth it. Maybe I'm thinking of Vegimite??

jayohwhy 08-11-2008 08:41 PM

hi all! vbs is over and i MADE IT! yeaaah! the scale has been slowwlllly creeping downward, but for some reason i've been feeling really insecure these days. like i just am constantly comparing myself to other people, blah blah blah, thinking that no one could ever like me cuz blah blah blah not as good as "girl over there"

the guy i'm diggin on has been hanging around a lot and its making me nervous! i dont know what to do! one part of me wants to make him go away so i dont have to feel all "butterfly"-y!

i know its bad, but i actually havent really been eating a lot.. i dont know, im just not eating as much as i used to, even though i'm trying to focus on eating small portions regularly... guys, i'm getting impatient!

Ghost—every time im super hungry I drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If I am still hungry then I’ll have like reduced fat cold cuts or something, or a handful of almonds—but I get the almonds in individual packs so I don’t go nut crazy…

Bjeweled—mad props on the working out! I’m trying to stay active but I get sooo lazy and focused on day to day stuff…now that vbs is over I can go back to my dance classes!

Heidi—no worries on the “breaking down”! I try to look at the bigger picture because whenever I fail I end up focusing on it and think that I’ve failed when its like.. keep on going!

AllAboutDieting 08-11-2008 09:03 PM

Yeah for root beer and iced tea

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidelene (Post 2311665)
Oh, yes. I LOVE Sunkist. That and Root Beer. I think if I'm going to have pop from now on, I should have that since there's no caffiene to get re-hooked on or give me the jitters.

I LOVE Root Beer, I mean really love it.... but there are several really good diet root beers that satisfy me.
Speaking of international orange drinks have any of you been to the Coke Museum in Atlanta to see the Soda Fountain? I can't post a link but if you google Coke Museum Soda Fountain, you find pictures. It's a water engineering fountain where the "soda" shoots in an arc into your cup! So cool.
I actually, in all this discussion of soda, don't drink it! I love unsweet Iced Tea (it's a northern Midwestern-Scandinavian thing) so I will pick tea over soda anytime. I also know that the soda I DON'T drink can be calories I can have somewhere else LOL.

swae85 08-11-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidelene (Post 2311992)
Orange pop = Sunkist. Or Fanta. Or any other carbonated orange flavored bevorage. If I were from elsewhere in the US I might call it Orange Soda...or if you're in the South, every form of carbonated beverage is refered to as Coke. Sunkist is my fav, but I'm thinking of switching alliances to avoid the caffiene.

And a Pluto Pup sounds exactly like what we call a corn dog. They are sooooo yummy! I also like breakfast dogs, which are sausages dipped in pancake batter and fried.

As for Porkchop on a stick, it's not like a porkchop stuck on a dowel rod or anything...they just shave the meat from the bone in such a way that you can hold the porchop by the bone (as if it were a stick) and eat it like that. Rather barbaric, but good for when you're walking around the fairgrounds.

Question for you out in Oz/NZ - do you guys have Nutella? For some reason I thought Nutella came from that area. Just wondering if you knew if it was bad or good for you and how it tastes. I have an oportunity to get some from work but didn't know if it was worth it. Maybe I'm thinking of Vegimite??

our Fanta doesn't have caffeine in it, only coca cola/pepsi does :shrug: so strange lol

as for breakfast dogs - we have battered savs which are like giant frankfurts (hot dogs) in batter with salt... they are so yummy.

yes we do have nutella and vegemite here. nutella is a choc hazelnut spread which is pretty fattening and vegemite is a yeast based spread that tastes NOTHING like chocolate. It is like salty and stuff. it is very much an acquired taste - you either LOVE it or HATE it. it is pretty non-fattening and very good for you (lots of vitamins) but dont spread it on thick, you only need the tiniest tiniest bit on the knife otherwise its gross. i personally love it on toast or on crumpets or bread or pancakes (weird i know!). I think you are probably thinking of vegemite not nutella as vegemite is very australian. i would definitely try it, its great!

Iconised Ghost 08-12-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayohwhy (Post 2311997)
i know its bad, but i actually havent really been eating a lot.. i dont know, im just not eating as much as i used to, even though i'm trying to focus on eating small portions regularly... guys, i'm getting impatient!

Ghost—every time im super hungry I drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If I am still hungry then I’ll have like reduced fat cold cuts or something, or a handful of almonds—but I get the almonds in individual packs so I don’t go nut crazy…

I know what you mean about being impatient! Its like "ok, im ready to be thin now!". I tried the water thing, but yesterday i had already had 3 bottles of water, so i was begining to feel blobby AND hungry :dizzy: i just have to plan better >.<

bjeweled 08-13-2008 12:01 PM

joy - butterfly-y is good! its always the best feeling! i dont know what yr schedule is like but i try to wake up early as many mornings as i can to get my exercise in. then anything in the evening is bonus!

hey gals do you know that they make diet sunkist orange pop???!!! i'm from the midwest too so i say pop not soda. its so good i will drink that when i need my pop fix.

been doing good even though its TOM i havent let my eating get out of control at all. have been too tired to wake up in the mornings to exercise and i attribute that to TOM. so i have to work out when i get out of class tonight no matter what time. this has been a busy week. off to study business law. have a lovely OP day girls!

WELCOME to the newcomers!:hug::carrot::carrot:

jayohwhy 08-13-2008 08:43 PM

haha! as i was reading your reply i was drinking a diet sunkist! they RAWK! that, and diet barqs. yum!

totally OT but yeah, boys are UGH! like i really like this guy and his brother is like my best guy friend. things seem to be going well with this guy and yet i'm getting really jealous and possessive at the fact that the brother is constantly after my best girl friend. its like iw ant it to be me, but i dont really want it to be me?

on the other hand, things are moving very slowly in the diet dept and at least i am staying on PLAN! YAY!

Feral 08-13-2008 09:05 PM

Hi girls!!!!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. It's been a busy week. School starts back in a week and a half and everyone is trying to register their child at the last minute. For some reason the forum always times out at work and shows up as a 504 error so I haven't been able to post when I wanted to.

I've been doing fairly well. Haven't been drinking as much water as I would have liked to and haven't been as "on plan" as I would've hoped but would still consider the smaller changes a move in the right direction. :)

Last week I almost had an aneurysm when I realized I had GAINED 12 lbs since school let out at the beginning of June so I was really scared to do a weigh in on Monday. I decided not to and ended up hopping on the scale today out of sheer curiosity and am down by 2 lbs. :)

Also, hopped on the treadmill for the first time since the middle of June as well! Man that was awesome! :)

bjeweled 08-13-2008 10:42 PM

hey ladies!!! i'm back again today :)
i'm taking sports law and its really kicking my butt. i cant wait till may when this degree is complete!

joy- hmmm sounds like the classic do i like my guy friend syndrome lol. figure it out, make the right choice or things could get complicated...

feral- good to hear from you girl! baby steps is what we all need to take everyday to keep it all going!

i was thinking we could once a week maybe post our weight or something to let each other know how we did that week and talk about things that went right that day and things that didnt go so well...what do :dizzy:u guys think??

bjeweled 08-15-2008 01:49 PM

hey guys!

i weighed in today and am down 5 pounds from last week!!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

so i am really excited i am on my way into fitting into these summer clothes for my vaca!!!!

hope everyone is having a lovely OP day!

have an awesom weekend!!!!

jayohwhy 08-15-2008 02:04 PM

ROCK ON BJEWELED! :D I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Tamara 08-15-2008 04:31 PM

I'm going to try and post here as well. I'm down 15ish pounds, but want to lose another 20ish pounds.

Tamara 08-15-2008 04:42 PM

The last couple days, I've been completely unmotivated to do anything. I couldnt walk last night due to rain, so I stayed in and didnt workout. I spent today doing some cleaning that I need to finish. Its been difficult getting back into the swing of life after my wonderful vacation. I hope to get a good walk in tonight if nothing else. Ugh....

bjeweled 08-15-2008 04:54 PM

thanks joy! :hug:

welcome tamara! :wave: