Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 193/192/155

I started using Daily Plate today. I used FitDay last time I lost, and I found it effective. Man, I do NOT want to get back to calorie counting, but I know it works and if I want to lose weight then I'm going to have to hold myself accountable somehow.

I'll be on my feet for 4 hours at work today, and no gym for me because I am SORE and want to let my muscles recover. Tomorrow is W1D2 of C25K though, and I'm excited about it! And then Thursday is weigh in day. Eek!
lilukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #17  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Tara: In three weeks, I go one quarter break....wait I need a moment to dream about it...Ok, I'm back, but then two weeks after that, it's time for fall quarter and I'm taking three classes again, and it's going to suck because it's about to get busy at work with the holiday season and then I always do Nanowrimo...yeah, I'm going to do nothing and love it in three weeks.

Iconised: thanks for the offer. I may have to take you up on that. Why does it feel like I'm going to be in school for another 10 years? I must I brainstorm on why I am doing this to myself...

In other news, I found my way back on my treadmill today...was only on there for 15 minutes before my homework started hounding me. It's like I can't concentrate on my workout without thinking that I should probably be doing some type of homework at that moment. My eating habits are suffering too. I just had a very large chocolate chip cookie for dinner.

...so bad but it tasted so goooooood!
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So I think I practiced some very good self-restrant today. I went to dinner with my roommate and her sister. I debated what to order, normally I get a burger and vegetables there plus a dinner roll. Instead, today I got a cup of gumbo (which I also love) and a side salad. I had one dinner roll, no butter. I also had a cocktail and small ice cream afterward but I figured there was a lot more unhealthy choices that I could have ordered like my normal burger.

I made vegetarian wontons today which I am very excited about. Tomorrow I have an asian themed dinner planned, stirfry with tofu and either steamed wontons or wonton soup (I haven’t decided yet). I figured this is much better then my normal going out for Chinese food.

Tara – Where did you get a new job? Or is it a promotion? And I hate Michigan traffic/construction it is terrible.

Cali – I only passed college math because the guy next to me showed me how to use my calculator to do everything, good luck. And good job finding your way to the treadmill!

Jaclyn – that is a good moral. It sounds like you have a lot going on. Hang in there you’ll make it though, I can’t imagine living in 300 sq feet by myself let alone with anyone else. Not good. I will think of you when I complain about living in my apartment.

Ghost – congrats on being so close to your first mini goal. This is sad, when I saw you mini-goal it reminded me of what I weight when I went to NZ in 2005/2006 – 123 g which is 271 pounds. The embarrassing part is they wrote it on our hands when we went bungy jumping. I don’t know why I just shared that story?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #19  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Remember- No, still the same job, same position. Just a training for one of new application we are going to support soon. I work in Southfield and live in Clinton Township. Construction everywhere, and I mean it when I say everywhere. lol. Mound, Van Dyke, 696...then 75 is also heavy. Today I decided to take Telegraph to 16 mile to get to the east side...and of course, construction on the 16 mile near Troy, too. What a surprise! Grr.... I mean... when I was driving on I-696 today around 10'ish in the morning, I had to drive at like 35 mph at certain point. 35 at interstate highway at 10 in the morning! (shakes head and rolls eyes)

Sooo with all that driving, I only got 2 hours with my DD before she went to sleep. Now after relaxing and stuff, I'm deadbeat tired and haven't even worked out yet. So I'm going to go work out little bit....at least 30 min, hopefully one hour.... sigh. I hate working day shift...I'm so used to and spoiled with working at night with no traffic... :P
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 AM   #20  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

cali: no problem! i know what you mean about being in school forever, i did my degree for three years and then after that i was like maybe i'll just do my masters, so im commited to that, then maybe i'll do an internship, then maybe a PhD...that really will be 10 years at uni! Damn i wish i hadnt thought about it like that >.< I was also thinking about your treadmill and thats exactly why i dont work out at home- if im at home i can see and easily do all the things i need to other than work out, but if im at the gym i cant because once im there im committed to my work out and theres nothing else to do there anyway! but i understand a gym membership isnt the best choice for everyone

rememberhowtosmile: dont feel sad! You've come such a long way. how was bungy jumping? Where'd u do it? Im not too keen on it, but id love to sky dive maybe that should be my ultimate goal reward
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #21  

I had a minor freak out with my internship last night but I think I’ve managed to get everything under control. I was suppose to be done yesterday but my prof didn’t finish edits on the written work. So no I will need to go in for at least one if not two more days. So annoying. I’m not going in today, I slept in, went to the gym and now am debating watching a movie.

Oh on a side note the whole sleeping in thing really threw me off today for my eating. I had a banana before I went to the gym(I don’t like to eat anything too heavy) but then by the time I got back I didn’t want cereal because it would spoil my lunch. I could have had an early lunch but I didn’t feel there was enough protein in my salad to eat it post workout. So I settled on a mini bagel and reduced fat peanut butter. I screws up my planning.

Tara – completely understand I grew up in SCS, I live in Detroit now because of school but am out that way almost every weekend because my siblings live out there.

Ghost – I went on study abroad in NZ where we essentially road tripped the whole country. It was amazing and beautiful, I want to go back now that I’m more physically fit and can get hike better. I went bungy jumping in Queenstown at the original site. It was incredible scary but totally worth it. I also want to go sky diving. I might make that one of my big rewards when I’m done.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies! Ok, so I started working out last Friday and worked out again on Monday, I'll go today after work. It's cool that I lost 20 without working out, but now I feel so good. I'm in a good mood all the time, which is not really like me. I love these freaking endorfines that are released when I exercise. People have been telling me that I'm glowing.

I like this exercise thing, I did gain two pounds when I weighed today, but it's not my "weekly" weigh in. Could this be b/c of exercising? I haven't changed any of my eating habits...

It's still all good. I know it's going to go up and down some.

How is everyone today?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #23  

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm nervous! I've been eating better and started C25K, but I'm afraid that the number on the scale is going to really discourage me.

I've been tired lately too, all the time. I'm hoping once I get in the groove of really working out, I'll get some extra energy.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #24  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

I can't wait til i can start running again. Unfortunately its so hot down here its miserable just to walk to your car...but in a few months i'll be back in the game!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #25  
This is not a test.

Rememberhowtosmile: bungyjumping in Queenstown would be so cool! I would love to sky dive there because it is just so beautiful, but i doubt i will be able to afford to fly to Queenstown AND skydive, so i'll probably just end up doing it here lol

Skinnybeach: sometimes in winter i forget how hot summer can be >.< how hot is it where you are? Where i am we are in the middle of a cyclone lol! Its at times like these that i am glad i workout in a gym- no weather excuses!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #26  

Just wanted to check in, I ended up going to my roommates grandparents for dinner and we ordered in thai food. I ordered pad thai with tofu (rather then meat) and only ate like ½ of it. I though that was a big accomplishment for not ordering meat and for only eating part of it. I love thai food and normally eat the entire order so it took lots of self-restraint.

Herewego – I totally agree with you that exercising leaves me feeling so good. I love it espically morning workouts they leave me feeling good all day.

Lili – Good luck with the weight in.

Skinny – it really humid here too. I try and work out in the morning when is less bad. I also workout inside which seems to help.

Ghost – I don’t know if I asked what part of NZ are you living in?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #27  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

So...this week is going pretty hard on me... Too tired. I did get to do C25K yesterday but I couldn't do anything else after that and I had to get up at 545 so I needed to get some rest... This is only second week I decided to work out at least an hour per day and already having a hard time because of that. Blah... Well, I got my new scale today finally! I measured my body fat and it was really exciting bc it's been almost 2 months since the last time. Well... I lost about 12.9% of body fat and came out as 32.9%. When I started back in March, it was 45%! Not sure if that's really possible or not but I know I got lots of muscle now compared to then. I can actually see my muscle on arms and legs when not even thinking about it... so I'm pretty darn happy about it.

Well, before it gets too late, I should go and try to do some walking. Can't wait till this week is over so I can get to my usual routine...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #28  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Ghost, it's funny you should mention the gym. That was the reason I bought the treadmill. I have SERIOUS issues with people seeing me workout. Call me vain; but I am not cute all sweaty and huffy and puffy with my track pants bunching between my thighs.

I suppose that could all be in my head...

But yeah, I did Curves in '05, but I felt that it didn't really do anything for me. I never felt 'worked' out, I guess. Thirty minutes later, I felt like maybe I had walked through a mall.

A year later, my sis decided to get a membership at 24 hour fitness and got me one too. She's a bit bigger than me but wayyyyyy more comfortable with herself. So I went and I was just too self conscious to do anything other than treadmill. I know that regular Joes and Janes goes to the gym but when I went, it was all the fit people with the rippling arms and chiseled abs.

Again, that could have all been in my head...

So later that year, I just splurged on a gym quality treadmill. But I'm starting to get a little bored by it. I really, really want to join a kick-boxing class, but...I just can't imagine. If there was a kick boxing class that was guaranteed to have at least 5 people my size, I'd totally go.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:12 AM   #29  
This is not a test.

Rememberhowtosmile: i'm in sunny (not) auckland

cali: i know what you mean about being self conscious, its the reason i didnt join the gym for years. The idea of curves doesnt do much for me, i like a 45 minute work out and having the freedom to do more, so being forced to do just 30 doesnt appeal. My gym is kinda nice in that there are lots of relatively well off old people in the area, and some young hip rich larger people, so i fit in kinda nicely ^_^ although i still avoid it when its busy

Im tempted to tell you to just go to kick boxing no matter who else is there, but that would be pretty hypocritical of me since i wont let myself go to the dance workout at my gym until i have lost some weight XD
Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #30  

Cali, I used to be really nervous about working out at the gym, too. Luckily though, I go pretty early in the morning, and there's hardly anyone there. The section where the treadmills are are away from the weights and stuff, and that also helps.

Well, I'm down one pound today. I fluctuate like crazy, so who knows if I'm actually down, but I guess a pound is a pound. The low 190s is where I plateaued and eventually gave up last time around, so I'm curious to see how long it takes for me to get into the 180s and stay there.