Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/192/155

Default Weekly Chat 7/28-8/4

I hope it's okay that I've started this, as I saw that no one else has yet!

Last edited by lilukay; 07-28-2008 at 10:31 AM.
lilukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #2  

I don't want to edit my post again, so I'll just make a new one.

Can anyone tell me where to get the podcast for C25K? I want to start it, but I know I'll have a horrible time keeping track of the time on my own and I think having someone tell me when to jog and when to walk will be incredibly helpful. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

lilukay -- sorry I can't help with the podcast....but I know there are TONS of people on here who use it. I think you'll get a response on that by the end of the day.

I'm heading back to the gym...gotta get out of this stupid funk. I've been feeling really unmotivated and haven't been eating as well as I should and haven't been to the gym in a bit.

We'll see what the weigh-in says......
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #4  

Arts, good for you on heading back to the gym! I find it really hard to get my running shoes on and head out the door when I'm in a funk, too. I'm glad you're going!

I found the podcast and did the first C25K workout. It wasn't as tough as I was expecting! I feel really good about going, as I've been blue yesterday and today and wasn't sure if I could motivate myself to get out there.

I've decided on Thursday as my official weigh-in day, so I guess we'll see where I am then.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I am actually down .5

I'm thinking that maybe my cals are set too low on DailyPlate because when I eat over my cals I seem to be losing......any thought on this cal counting folks???
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

So turns out no dry socket, my jaw muscles are just reaaally tight and spasmy and stuff so i hafta work on loosening them. Which means chewy foods and massaging and all that. So far today Ive eaten a grilled cheese, I know not great but were running low on food and since normally I'd eat that, and some chips and something else I figure I'm not doing to bad.

I havent been able to work out yet but Im going to a yoga class tomorrow so that should be good. Unfortunatley I've had to go up a pants size, the smaller size still fits but it gives me that pinched big stomach look and I feel like I look better with the pants that are a little to big for me. I'm not gunna be to upset about it though and ive saved all my smaller sizes since I know I will fit back into them.

So I dont know if anyone has heard of the Danskin triatholon but it is a big triatholon for women that supports breast cancer awareness. My mom did it yesterday along with a few other female family members and I was soooo proud of her. There were 3,000 women in it of all shapes and sizes and it was really great. Im just so proud of my mom
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #7  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
I am actually down .5

I'm thinking that maybe my cals are set too low on DailyPlate because when I eat over my cals I seem to be losing......any thought on this cal counting folks???

Congrats on the loss! I have noticed this same thing. I would have weeks where I would be off-plan most days because I was genuinely hungry and have a good loss, so I thought I probably needed a new plan. The Daily Plate has me at 1100-something net calories for losing 2 pounds a week, and since I don't really think losing 2 pounds a week is even realistic for me at this point, I bumped it up to the 1.5 lbs a week level, which puts me between 1400 and 1500, and it's much more doable. This is a fairly recent change, so we'll see how it goes!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #8  

emcmac - sooo funny! that's EXACTLY what happened to me after i had my wisdom teeth removed. i was terrified that i had dry sockets, especially since the day after i used the bike (not hardcore or anything) when they told me not to work out for at least a couple of days. turns out since i only had 3 wisdom teeth, and only one of them was a lower one which i hear are the most painful when removed on the left side i was chewing and talking purely out of the right side of my mouth. the doctor said i just had to make sure i use the other side of my mouth more. the good thing is u can barely eat and i don't know about you but i definitely lost a good 5 pounds
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

cookiemonster- haha I also only had 3 wisdom teeth removed and it was also only one bottom one lol I did the same thing you did since the one side felt totally fine lol Its so funny that we both had the same exact thing and yea i havent been on the scale but im hoping the lack of eating helped lol
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good except I went to a BBQ on Sunday and ate way to much junk food. I was feeling sick by the end of the night. Then today I had McNuggets. Oh so bad. Needless to say I felt like crappy. I bought a bunch of good healthy food yesterday so this week will go better.

I also decided to buy a box of hairdye and fix my hair. I dyed it red twice and the color hasn’t stayed well. So I’m going to go to brown with caramel highlights but I don’t want to do it before I go on vacation because I’m afraid of the sun bleaching it out (my vacation plan is just to lay in the sun). So I figured I would buy a box for $10 and then when I get back from vacation I can get it professionally fixed to the color I want it.

Lili – It is always ok to start the thread!

Arts – good job getting back to the gym. Maybe you are burning more calories then you think, you should try and eat as many calories as you can while still losing, that way when you stop losing you will have somewhere to go.

Emcmac – Glad to hear you are doing better. That sucks about having to go up a size in pants but like you said look at your last week are you surprised.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #11  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been able to get on 3FC today at all till now because of work. I work 8AM to 5PM this week Mon-Fri because of training...Since I'm in the training room all day, I don't have access to computer to get on here. And it took almost 1.5 hours on the way home because of the construction...Only 2 lanes open on MAJOR high way(I-696) all day this week. Sigh... Anyways... at least my bf had dinner and even dessert ready for me... I played little bit with my DD and then had to take her to her grandma's tonight instead of tomorrow morning so I can go to the court and then to work in the morning.

I was afraid that I wouldn't see the 183.8 again because I was so bad over the weekend and ended up at like 186.4 but I tried to be really good and did workout last night for almost an hour. I think that helped a lot because I was actually at 183.6 this morning after shower! Yay! So I am pretty psyched...since I have seen less than 1 lb loss per week for awhile now.. I think the cardio is really helping.

Hope everyone have a great week...as I may not be able to check as often this week...so no personal today...

Well, I need to go work out some before hitting the sack...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #12  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

In three more weeks, my life can get back to normal. In the meantime, can someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery? College algebra...ARGH!!! It takes me like an hour to do one problem. I haven't worked out in nearly a week. And I'm feeling mad guilty about that. But as soon as I get home, I have to sit there for three hours working on the assignment. After that, I barely feel like lifting a finger to set my alarm clock, much less jump on the treadmill for twenty minutes.

I may have to go out to celebrate if I actually pass this class...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 AM   #13  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

lol, cali. In 3 more weeks, my life will be going CRAZY because I will be starting school. I usually do a lot of school assignment while my DD sleeps...and I've been working out while she's sleeping...meaning... I won't have time for school OR exercise. I gotta figure something out and I haven't yet and my bf is already not happy about the school because he knows that I'm like living on the edge when I'm going to school. :P
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #14  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Justkeepswimming and artsnsmarts - I'm using Daily Plate too. I'm at 1455 net calories. I often go over that amount just a bit (say 50 or so calories), and I'm still losing - but not 1.5 lbs per week. More like 1 lb., which is fine with me.

And now, a shameless, whiney rant:

I cannot wait for this month to be over. I feel totally stressed right now. I'm teaching a summer course that's requiring 50+ hours of work per week, I'm trying to get my old house (which I loved) ready for the next tenants, and I'm trying to settle into a 300 square-foot basement studio (which I hate) with my boyfriend (who I love).

To top it all off, my boyfriend's siblings are coming on Saturday and will be staying for a week. Four people in a 300-square foot room. And it's 95 degrees outside.

And I went to a potluck tonight and there was NO SALAD!!! Nothing even remotely healthy. I wound up eating mac and cheese and corn chips because I had to eat something.

Waaaaaah!

Moral of the story: Bring the salad.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #15  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
In three more weeks, my life can get back to normal. In the meantime, can someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery? College algebra...ARGH!!! It takes me like an hour to do one problem. I haven't worked out in nearly a week. And I'm feeling mad guilty about that. But as soon as I get home, I have to sit there for three hours working on the assignment. After that, I barely feel like lifting a finger to set my alarm clock, much less jump on the treadmill for twenty minutes.

I may have to go out to celebrate if I actually pass this class...
i feel your pain! My dad's a high school maths teacher, if you have anything particularly tricky you can PM me and i can ask him if he knows anything about it if you want

Im 400g down technically now i am only 0.00000000001g away from my first mini goal of being less than 80kg
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote