Old 07-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #61  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I keep getting lectures from people saying I don't eat enough. I suppose they are right since I'm only eating a bowl of special K and a small grilled chicken salad with a teaspoon of dressing. But it's so hard to eat. I'm spending 3 hours doing homework with no time left to work out so I tend to not eat to compensate. I have got to find a better system.

Trina
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 AM   #62  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

geez girl, arent you hungry? I was working 21 hours a day for uni last semester and i still found time to eat. Definately have dinner of some kind
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #63  

I'm hungry right now. LOL! I have like 6 chapters to read and 2 papers to write and I'm ready to quit school. It's just so hard. I'm doing my homework and then I have to get up and fix something to eat...I lose time. I really need to hit up the grocery store and get some one handed food.

Trina
Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #64  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you dont have to cook fruit, you could always eat that. Time management is essential in studies ^_^ im sure they dont expect you to go without eating
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I just nearly cried looking at old photos of me. I don’t know how many of you are familiar with facebook but I’m a junky. One of my friends put some photos up from when I went to see them over spring break yesterday so I was looking at them, and I started flipping though the “photos of me section”. First I see ones from when I was in New York for fleet week this summer, all very cute, then from when I was out in Philly, very cute, then some from different events last summer. I looked at those and realized that although my weight isn’t changing much my size definitely is I’m smaller in the stomach, hips, but. Then I start seeing ones from Mexico in 2006, now I knew I was at my heaviest then but I was shocked, then I saw some from 2003 when I was in England, I guess I had totally forgot that I was that big for that long. I started to tear up. I don’t hid from anyone that I use to be fat but it is so hard to see reminders of it.

Sorry I just needed to share, I’m off to the gym then getting ready for a bridal shower, I’ll chat more later.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #66  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Remember, thank you for sharing that with us. I know how emotional that can be... You are now healthy and almost to the half of your starting weight!

And I posted my pictures in Mini-goal for the first time...I just got some pics from the graduation party I went last weekend and my arms looked pretty good. It's been so long since I actually liked how I looked in pics... AND I realized that I passed my weight I was at last time I lost weight.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...52#post2287352

Last edited by taragettingthin; 07-26-2008 at 12:07 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #67  

Thanks Tara I just having one of those mornings. I'm sure it doesn't help that TOM is here which always makes me over-emotions. My day has gotten better I went to the gym which always makes me feel better. I was looking at myself in the mirror in my gym clothing and realized that my legs are starting to shape up. I then tried on a dress to wear to a bridal shower I am going to this afternoon. I bought it for my brirthday/a wedding in Vegas. Just a simple blue sun dress. But I haven't worn it since Octorber and it is too big on me. I'm going to wear it because it doesn't look way too big but I definetly don't need to wear any shapwear under it. That definetly made me feel better after my morning.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 235/213/145

Height: 5'6"

hey! i'm still new here, but i did alright this past week. i do fine during the day it's when i get home that things get hard. it is so hard not to eat because i'm in a bad mood. i hate being a mood eater. hopefully this next week goes better. i'd like to lose 2 lbs. this week.
vblizard8756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Tara -- you look great!!! You can definitely see your hard work, especially in your stomach!! Good job! (And I looooooooovvvvve your hair!! It's gorgeous!)

Remember -- the work you've done is AMAZING! I can't even imagine the amount of work to lose that much weight. It may be hard to see how big you were, but just remember, that was then and this is now!! You're doing great!

caligirl -- you HAVE to eat more than that, seriously. Probably part of the reason you're tired is not having enough to eat. I'm in college at a really rigorous school, too, and I work almost full-time as well, so I know time management is at a premium, but your time studying and working on school stuff with be more profitable if you have the fuel in you to keep going, I swear. There are lots of things that take (literally) 5 minutes to put together, then you leave them in the oven for an hour and come back and they're done. You also learn more (and better) when you take small breaks from studying. In a 15-min break you could easily eat a yogurt, piece of re-heated chicken and brown rice, some fruit, etc.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #70  

Iconised: I picked up some granola bars at the grocery store this morning. That should make this a little easier. I can't wait till the end of the quarter. I am counting the minutes...and the seconds...

artsnsmarts: I know you're right. I remember when eating enough didn't use to be a problem. LOL! Now I actually have to remind myself to do it. Getting dinner in is like the hardest thing for me to do Monday through Friday. Weekends are easy.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

caligirl -- If weekends are easy, then why not make food over the weekends that you can refrigerate/freeze to just re-heat during the week? That way you'll have good, healthy food to eat that will only take a few seconds in the microwave/oven. You can also chop up veggies over the weekend to snack-sized portions and make yourself little snack bags to keep in the fridge. Add in some cheese (I like the laughing cow wedges) and some whole grain crackers or even just spread on the veggies. That's a GREAT snack! Especially if you have the weekends (relatively) free, try and get some of the "prep" work done then so that you don't have to worry as much during the week.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #72  
Can't wait till 170

caligirl I agree with artsnsmarts. Eating and not skipping meals is very important for metabolism and for your body to know that food IS coming in, so it knows to let go of what it already has. If not, it may go into starvation mode one day or another. I have lost weight from not eating enough before, as I can't eat when I'm super stressed out. However, all that weight came back and brought some more back. I am super busy also and it is not so easy to cook all the time. (single mom, work full time, go to school full time, and try to put at least an hour of workout per day) I try to cook big portions on weekends and freeze what I don't eat in a ziplock bag. I take them to work when I don't have time to cook for work. I also freeze some fruits like grapes, banana, and blackberries. They make great snacks. Also, when I buy veggies, I wash, cut them up, and keep them in the freezer in a huge ziplock bag. (peppers and broccoli especially) and it saves lots of time when actually cooking.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #73  

Tara - You look amazing. Great job! You can tell the toning.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #74  

Thanks for the great ideas, you guys. I'm taking notes for my next grocery list. Um, I kind of have a salt addiction...saltines, popcorn, french fries...are there any salty snacks that aren't really bad for me?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #75  
Can't wait till 170

Cali, sodium is not really good because it retains water...also may increase possibilities of hypertension. It's best to keep it under the required/advised amount..which isn't that much.
If you really want salty food, how about nuts..? They can be good source of protein, too, but remember to keep it modest.