Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #16  
No description available.

Ahhhh, the early morning runs.

It can be sooo hard to get out of bed, but I have never, not once, not a single solitary time, regretted it. I never say "Oh I should have pressed snooze."

Mornings are so beautiful! I see the loveliest sunrises on my runs.

I have a friend who meets me and that is key for me. On the days we don't meet, I have about a 70% success rate of exercising solo. So I think that is important.

I ran 4 miles this am at 5:30 and I know that whatever else happens to my day, I have that done and feel really good about it.

When I feel too sorry for myself about my 5:30 runs, I remind myself that my sil runs at 4:30.

Why, I practically sleep in compared to her!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #17  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Monday I am going to start doing this because I am truly a morning person and plus my children would be still sound asleep. It would work out better for me because when I get home after working all day I really dont feel like working out and I think mornings would work better for me. I will keep you posted!!!! Thanks for all your in put.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 193/192/155

I definitely find myself more motivated to work out if I go as soon as I wake up, rather than waiting around all day. I haven't gotten into the habit of arising early and going, but I think I'm going to start going at 8 AM (when my gym opens during the summer) so that I can get into a routine before school begins again.
lilukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/190/150

Height: 5'9"

It is hard to get up in the morning but I find that after i do get I am more motivated to exercise. i love to run/jog/walk with my dog outside in the early morning. it's quiet and very peaceful. I also love that there are no cars on the street for the most part and so I can run/jog/walk in the street.
I just recently changed my gym membership to one closer to my work so I could get up early and go the gym before work. At my old gym the showers had curtains on them and so I had no problem plus most of the people using the gym were university students who lived like right around the corner so they rarely showered there. So the new gym I walk into the shower area, btw I neglected to check it before I worked out, and there are no curtains. This wouldn't be so bad but I only had a little towel to cover a big body, didn't work. I was so uncomfortable I couldn't even shower and I had to sit in my office all day feeling yucky. I tried to do the whole baby wipe shower but that only works for camping. So lesson learned, I need to get some kind of robe or something to cover my rear when going into the shower. Until then I have been going after work then going home and showering.
A Red Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #20  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I got up this morning and took and jog/run I must say that I feel better. For some reason this morning I was up and at em. I got up on my own not planning to work out. BUT I did!!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #21  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Way to go! This is how it starts right? baby steps!
Good job!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #22  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i would love to start but it would be a shock to my system now....
i work out for at least an hour at a time....
have to be outta house by 7.45 to get to work on time....
that means getting up at 6 at least....

although cycling to work would be possible if i dint live on the busiest road in the city!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #23  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i am definately not a morning person in any sense. I can get up at 8am and be pretty happy. 7:30 at a push. But before that I really dont like Which is going to be tough this semester, because on tuesdays I plan to get up at 6:30 so i can get to the gym before uni >.< Just gotta keep believing its going to be worth it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

If I relied on afternoon/evening exercise, I'd never get anywhere. By the end of the day, exercising depends on my mood/how my days gone/etc. It's very easy to make an excuse not to do it. In the morning, I just do it without thinking. Often, I'll also do some exercise in the evening but then it's "icing on the cake" and it seems more appealing and less of an obligation....
I've been meeting a co-worker for a walk lately, but have gone to 6 a.m. classes in the past. I'm considering doing a 6 a.m. boot camp next summer (too far from my house to do during school season).
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/232.4/160

Does the working out early in the morning help wake you up?! I am one of those types of people that I roll outta bed 15 minutes before class, only to be half asleep until the afternoon time... I wish I had more energy for the day =] I think I need to give this a shot.
amandaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaxoxo View Post
Does the working out early in the morning help wake you up?! I am one of those types of people that I roll outta bed 15 minutes before class, only to be half asleep until the afternoon time... I wish I had more energy for the day =] I think I need to give this a shot.
Personally I find it does yes. I run on my own with my ipod. If anyone else was in the house when I was up and getting ready I'd probably bite their head off That and for the first ten minutes of the run I'm all 'why can't I be in bed like everyone else ' but ya know... once that's passed? I get to watch the sunrise, I feel awake and lively and energetic and get a **** of a rush once I'm done.

It's just a shame that our minds tend to not let us remember just how good it
feels when we're sitting there contemplating NOT doing something.

I also find the whole eating better thing works wonders - I used to get a daily 3pm 'slump' and crave something sugary etc to keep me going. Doesn't happen anymore

Last edited by denialisnthappiness; 07-20-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Typo
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 240/232.4/160

I really wish I could do this...it's just so hard....it snows where I live from October/November until April, and when it snows, it snows and my gym doesnt open until 7 am, in which I have classes at 8 am, grrr... and the snow isn't so bad, but it's the windchill around here...it can get to 20 to 30 degrees F below zero which is a bit chilly and dangerous I might add.... so I was thinking...perhaps....give it a shot while the summer weather is accomodating and then give the Walk Away the Pounds videos a shot for when the weather just plain out sucks?!
amandaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaxoxo View Post
I really wish I could do this...it's just so hard....it snows where I live from October/November until April, and when it snows, it snows and my gym doesnt open until 7 am, in which I have classes at 8 am, grrr... and the snow isn't so bad, but it's the windchill around here...it can get to 20 to 30 degrees F below zero which is a bit chilly and dangerous I might add.... so I was thinking...perhaps....give it a shot while the summer weather is accomodating and then give the Walk Away the Pounds videos a shot for when the weather just plain out sucks?!
Work out at home! Try a yoga video, or anything else that appeals to you. Check them out at the library until you find what you like, then buy if you want.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

It's an amazing feeling once you get into the routine. I did it for April and half of May until mid May when my weight loss really stopped and I went downhill from there up until today (I stopped working out at all and didn't bother counting my carbs).

I did it from 6am to 7:45am, and then if I didn't have to do anything, I'd go back to sleep for a few hours more and wake up refreshed. Start slow (half hour each morning) and add 10 minutes every week.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #30  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

I'm a morning person too, but lately have been getting a little night-owlish and so waking up the last few mornings to walk has been really difficult But I do feel better the rest of the day for it, especially during summer! THe temperature at 5 or 6am is the best all day, refreshing, crisp....LOVE it!
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote