Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Panera paninis are ridiculous...but some of the soups really aren't too too bad. I don't have an issue with sodium (I've actually been told by a doc I might need more!) and just the soup fills me up -- I don't do the "pick two"..though I have in the past.

But MAN their paninis.....how is that even legal???
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 370/ticker/195

Height: 5'8

I was really surprised by how many calories panera's sandwiches had too. When I went there a few months ago after a day of shopping with my mom, I thought I was making a smart eating-out decision. After all - how bad could a deli sandwich really be? I ordered a half a sandwich and a cup of soup. I was shocked to find out my sandwich alone had 800+ calories!

I kick myself for not starting this healthy lifestyle earlier. Granted there are some days when I just want to say "screw it," and eat whatever I want without journaling or counting calories. Those days are a challenge. Other than that, this new lifestyle isn't really THAT hard. At least not as hard as I made it out to be in my mind all these years. I wish I would have figured this out when I was 180lbs.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

i just looked at the calorie listing .. and the bread bowl i get at panera is 600 calories

everything else besides that adds up to like 800 cals, i guess 1400 cals for the main meal of my day( which it is) is not to terrible

Last edited by Smagash; 07-11-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote