Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #1  
doing it right this time

S/C/G: 230/192/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Pounds VS Inches

Is there a way to guesstimate how many lbs = 1 inch of weightloss? I know its tricky because of the thousand different places to lose inches. I've heard that like, 10-15lbs is the difference between something like a size 10pant and a size 12 pant.

I'm mainly interested in losing INCHES around my middle. I have no real qualms with the rest of my body (I wish my butt was a little bigger, but thats about it)

What is the best way to lose inches? I read all about "melting fat and dropping pounds"

I dont know how to phrase the question really. Is there a more effective way to lose inches around the middle than to simply just lose pounds? What exercises....

someone help me! lol
blondebombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #2  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Unfortunately, we can't spot reduce... You can do lots of crunches and sit-ups but if you don't burn fat, all the muscle will be hidden under the fat.

Cardio needs to be done in order to burn the fat, Strength needs to be done in order to build muscle.

In return, you may lose all over, including where you don't want but that's how it goes.

Good luck with it though. I lost 5 inches around my abdomen and other places, too. I think it makes everything look more proportion.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Nope, sure can't spot reduce. If you want your butt bigger though than you can do exercises like deadlifts, step up and squats.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote