3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   c25k Challange (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/145843-c25k-challange.html)

irishkatt 07-08-2008 12:29 PM

c25k Challange

There is a whole world of other forums on here that I never knew about, including an exercise one. So I was thinking about having a couch to 5K Challenge right in in 20 somethings.

Ive not been allowed to run for the last few months due to a bum ankle and hope the the C25K will ease me back into it. Would anyone else like to take on the challenge.

For those that dont know, the C25K is a 9 week programme aimed at getting people running 30 minutes or 5k from a standing start. The programme is available on coolrunning.com

If people are interested please post here and we can start tracking how people are getting on. I am starting next monday as thats when I have been cleared for running. Heres to being able to run 5k by Sept 14th.:carrot:

Fat Chick B Gone 07-08-2008 12:33 PM

Hey good for you! I signed up for a 5k in September so really need to get going on it! I'm at the end of week 4 and starting week 5 soon.

Kitegirl24 07-08-2008 01:20 PM

I am doing the C25k program (and less than 1 month away from turning 20) so I'll pop in here.....today is W3D1 and I'm doing pretty well so far! :)

blondebombshell 07-08-2008 01:54 PM

You know what. I've been looking at this thread like, a thousand times since it was posted. I hate running. With a passion. But I see people doing it and I'm envious. A good friend of mine growing up, could hardly run to the end of the block. She said one day, when I was 15, I'm gonna start running. And from that day forward she did... and now she runs marathons and says she feels disgusting if she doesnt get 2hrs/12miles MINIMUM a day in on the treadmill.

Gag.

Im in.

Im gonna make myself do this.

God I hate running.

irishkatt 07-08-2008 03:04 PM

Blondebombshell...woo. Im going to aim for Monday, Wedneday and Friday as running days. Its only 30 minutes so if you have a shower at work you can do it at lunch time. Take your time with it, repeat a week if you have to. People seem to swear by the podcsts but for some reason I cant seem to get them to download so I am making my own out of the music I have.
Do you want to start on Monday as well and we can keep going together.

blondebombshell 07-08-2008 04:04 PM

sounds good! Tbh it actually sounds awful LOL. But if I can do this I can do anything! I will most likely do my runs in the evening as my lunches are not quite lunches.

xJox 07-08-2008 06:21 PM

I actually had been working on this before I had to have surgery. I was up to week 6 I believe. The las one I did was 25 minutes straight. I need to get back into it, but cant until Im released from my Dr.

blondebombshell 07-08-2008 07:04 PM

Do you actually have to buy the personal trainer download thing? or can you just follow the basics of the schedule posted on the website?

Fat Chick B Gone 07-08-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondebombshell (Post 2261103)
Do you actually have to buy the personal trainer download thing? or can you just follow the basics of the schedule posted on the website?

I'm not sure what you're talking about? To follow the C25K you just run/walk per the table.

irishkatt 07-09-2008 04:25 AM

No you dont need to buy the personal trainer download, that is only if you want something to track how you are doing, but you can do that by copying the schedule into excel and tracking it there. Thats all I am doing.

JulieRN 07-09-2008 04:30 AM

I'm in! I'll start Monday too!

For people with Ipods... there are a few C25K podcasts so you dont have to count minutes and all that... there's music and people tell you when to run... its great!

Fat Chick B Gone 07-09-2008 06:53 AM

Just FYI - you can use Ullrey's podcasts with non iPod mp3 players! Of course I think I'm the only person in the world with one though :-)

Fat Chick B Gone 07-09-2008 06:54 AM

I did W5D2 yesterday. I was really supposed to be on D1 of W5 but was feeling really good and even able to increase my speed so I went for the extra run. I can feel it today a bit!

irishkatt 07-09-2008 11:34 AM

woo Julie, thats three of us starting monday! I use an MP3 player too, a creative zen, which I love. I made up a play list last ngiht from songs I have that are the right lenght.

kanne 07-09-2008 11:01 PM

I've been doing this for awhile and never knew there were podcasts, I'm excited...how did you make your own? did you use itunes to set up your own play list?