Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekly Chat 07/07-07/13

I don't have much time to post right now but saw that there was no weekly chat open yet. Everyone must be busy with getting back to the normal life. :P So here it is.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #2  
I will do this.

Yay! I was gonna set up the weekly chat when I got home from working out but you beat me to it!

My workouts these last two days have been fair. 30 minutes elliptical yesterday ....35 minutes today. I have been a bit sore these last few days because not only am I started to work out 5 days a week but 50 minutes on the elliptical. I should have done one of the other...so I am gonna stick with working out 5 days a week and 30 minutes on the elliptical and anything after 30 is icing on the cake until I get 5 days a week going strong. Good idea?

I am getting bored again with my daily food, so I think it is time to shake it up before this urge to binge get any worse. Sometimes when I go to the store I feel so limited about the foods I can eat it makes me sad, but I know I gotta stick to this because sooner or later I am gonna go shopping and feel like I have gained a world of health instead of lost the candy aisle.

I hope everyone is having a great monday!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Great way to look at it Taylor!

I'm still disappointed with the weigh in this morning, but I'm trying not to let it get me too down. It's been so hard the last few weeks, not the eating part, but the lack of results. My motivation is completely flagging. I'm beginning to wonder if I was too ambitious with my goal. It doesn't seem like there's much of a point in killing myself to get there if my body is going to do everything it can to stay at this weight. Argh.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Ok so I didn’t end up working at all during the weekend. I ended up not being home … blah blah blah … anyways by the time I got home and unpacked today I don’t feel like going to the gym, I’m already exhausted and it’s super humid in Michigan today. I’m going to start back up tomorrow.

On a very good note I went to a new gn today. She raved about how great my blood pressure was, how great it was that I lost so much weight and lastly commented on my abdominal muscles. Looking at me you wouldn’t realize that I have nice abs under the massive lose skin also you probable wouldn’t realize how healthy I am. It’s nice to have a doctor complement how far you’ve come rather then saying that you need to lose more.

Oh one last thing I really didn’t want to cook when I came home but had already went out to lunch with my sister (but I ate soup and salad) and really thought about getting Chinese, rather I made a tofu matter tv dinner and had watermelon left over from the weekend. It was wonderful and way healthier then Chinese.

Taylor – That sounds like a good plan. Also when I get board with my food I try and find low calorie sauces, marinades or seasonings. Also I try and sub some vegetarian items in for meat to keep my calories in check but have some variety.

Silverstar – I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been yo-yoing the same 8 pounds since like December. But my size has gotten smaller. I know life is more about the scale but its so hard when you aren’t dropping numbers.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Well I just realized that I posted in last weeks chat this morning.. opps.. so here's what I posted this morning:
I finally broke past my rut at 165 and I am actually about to break into the upper 150's!! But the really great news is that I had to go to walmart today and my dress pants are getting alittle big so I just went to see if they had anything. Well I plucked a size 10 off the rack thinking, "ok, I will just TRY them on, they will probably be alittle small.. but it's worth a shot" and holy crap they fit!! I felt like screaming right in the fitting room. I am still in shock... i know that all brands run in different sizes and that jeans are a different story but STILL!! I can't remember the last time I have ever fit into a size 10 anything!! I am just on cloud nine today! But you know what.. when I looked in the mirror in that fitting room.. i still saw the same me I saw when I started.. i know it's the whole body image thing but I just don't see why I KNOW i am a smaller me.. .but yet I still see the same me.. it's crazy.. i guess it is probably something that everyone who has lost weight suffers.. it sucks... because I must be smaller because I am wearing smaller clothes.. but the girl I see.. is the same me.. i hate it! but i am still happy because that tag on those pants say 10 darn it!!

Taylor: I know how you feel about being bored.. we just ate at Arby's tonight and I got the grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce only.. and I was eating it.. and it tasted good.. but I just get so bored of eating chicken all the freaking time!! While the hubby chows down on a big ol' roast beef with yummy cheese oozing off the side.. yum!

Remember: It does feel great for the dr to say how good you are doing rather than "well, I would like to see you drop ___ pounds". I got that experience at my last visit a few weeks ago. It was a great boost!

Last edited by aerogora; 07-07-2008 at 08:53 PM.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

aerogora - Great job breaking the pleatu, heading towards the 150s and fitting into a size 10. Its funny I totally agree with you I've never been as small as I am now, sometimes it still requires a doubletake for me that it is me in the mirror.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- I really admire your mindset!! Seriously!! I have LOADS o' respect for you

I'm back on track today, which makes me feel SO SO GOOD!! Usually when I have a crappy eating day I am tempted the next day to make it crappy as well and just say "screw it, I'll be fat forever"....but I really do feel SO much better when I eat better...so I'm sticking with it. Even after working 12 hours today I'm motivated to make healthy food even though I KNOW how easy it would be to order take-out. I think that's definitely a positive sign that this is a lifestyle thing, not a "diet" thing, if you catch what I'm getting at.

I'm REALLY frustrated that I haven't gotten under 200 yet. It's not like my body knows what "200" means, you know? I haven't weighed myself in probably...2-3 weeks, and I probably won't for another week just because my schedule has been so ridiculous since I got back from my trip, but it's just so frustrating. I feel like I'm making better choices and being a healthier person, but the weight just won't go away!!!!!!!!!! And I don't do a lot of weight training, so I don't really think it's a muscle issue. I'm really happy with the amount of muscle I have, I just want to lose the fat on top of it!!

Eeek!! Sorry for the mini-vent there...
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #8  
I will do this.

arts aww thank you!

But not all is bright in Taylor Land tonight. I didn't eat my chicken because I am sick and friggin tired of it. I need to start eating SOMETHING OTHER THAN CHICKEN. So I had to delete the olive oil, sauce and chicken from my daily plate which leaves me with 1,045 for the day on top of working out this morning which is I know it not enough. I need to start eating something else before I turn into a chicken. Literally.

And this urge to binge is getting worse, I am getting grumpy. This is a bad sign because I am having a meal off my plan on thursday and I am afraid I am gonna go nuts instead of sticking to plan.

I am going to do this though, I am going to loose this damn weight if it is the last thing I do!! Grrr.

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-08-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #9  
Can't wait till 170

Taylor, do you like any fish? What about tuna? Salmon? Tofu? Instead of chicken? And turkey? (I'm just throwing ideas...) I know you are strong and you will be able to "survive" Thursday! (by the way, Thursday is my bad&temptation day too...because of the take-out dinner my coworkers get before the team meeting)

arts, sorry to hear about onederland..but keep up at it and you will be there.. with a BIG loss at once, too!

Remember, that's awesome that doc complemented you! Last time I lost weight and went to doc's office, the nurse commented something about it and it was a nice feeling, so YAY, Remember! =)

Silver, look at how much you lost already! don't give up now! I know it can be hard but if we give up now, we will never get to where we want to be.

My bf wanted some burger today. We had ground turkey so we used ground turkey..grilled it. I ate whole bunch of veggies with it and baked sweet potato "fries" and salsa with it. So it was kind of healthier version, I guess.
I chopped up whole lot of veggies and mixed it with the meat and made burger with it and gave it to my DD. :P

I lost 0.8 lbs and my scale was little bit weird... like it was 188.2 and then right after that, it was 189.2. For a second, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or something. I then decided to give my scale a break so stayed away from it and came back and it was 188.2 so I decided to go with it. :P

I was getting dressed to come to work, and I saw this one pair of jeans I brought from Korea. I dont even know how much I weighed back then. I know at one point, I was about 165 lb or so.. Well, About 1 year before I left Korea, I was about 165 lb but I didn't work out at all or anything then. I lost the weight with some chinese medicine that controlled my appetite and accupunture. But then I got married and stuff happened and I know I gained weight...and then lost some weight due to some marital stress. So I don't know how much I weighed by the time I actually left Korea. Anyways, the pair of jeans I saw today.. I don't know the last time I wore them. I think it was back in Korea, which was in 2004. I don't remember trying them on when I was pregnant (I weighed 175 then because I actually lost weight during pregnancy) Anyways. I put them on today and it fit pretty well. I could button it up and no big muffin top either! OMG! I'm actually wearing them right now. It makes my behind nice, too... like all the lunge and squats are paying off. lol
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #10  
I will do this.

So I kinda just had a binge. 3 100 calorie packs and 1 healthy choice fudge bar for 80. I still ended up being 75 calories under...and didn't eat dinner. *sigh* But it's not a binge if I didn't go over my calories, right?....right?

UGH!!!!

I need to start spicing things up before this gets worse. I need to start adding salsa with my eggs in the morning, maybe some low-fat cheese on the eggs....I need to try some fish - I didn't like as a child but maybe I will like now that I am older. I asked for a gift certificate to whole foods for my birthday from my dad and I hope to get it! I did by some spagetti squash at the store tonight and I am gonna try that and some spinach and feta turkey tomorrow night for dinner. I really need to start reaching out to the foods I haven't been eating because I have grown to be "afraid" of them in the last 20 days.

tara Great job with the jeans! I am almost there with my old jeans in my closest. That must feel great!!

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-08-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #11  
Can't wait till 170

By the way, I created 3FC Diet Blog today! =)
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Tara: Good job with the jeans. It must make you feel umber sexy.

I had to go to the doctor today. For the last 3 days I had a lot of headache, and I had pin and needles on my left hand and right foot. Hmm I am taking the pill as well so my dad got convinced I had signs of thrombosis and I had to go to the doctor! The fact that I had been moving and in the rain for 5 days ago seemed to have nothing to do with it. After pestering me over the phone for 3 days with possibles scenarios of destruction (my dad was always over-protective of his little girl) I decided to go to the doctor just to get him off my back and just to check my sinuses (they are the main reason I get headaches).

So here I am, the doctor is checking things out and he goes "You are healthy as an ox, reflexes are working perfectly, you might get a flu in the next few days and I recommend some vacation. You seem really stressed out."

-_-0 Like I don't know.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #13  

Taylor - A lot of time when I am in a food rut I just walk around my grocery store and see what catches my eye. Like last night I found this cool La Choy Pepper Beef Chow Mein meal. It was AMAZING!!! AND for the whole meal it was only 300 calories. I would never have found it had I not just been aimlessly searching the aisles.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #14  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetyladyserenity View Post

So here I am, the doctor is checking things out and he goes "You are healthy as an ox, reflexes are working perfectly, you might get a flu in the next few days and I recommend some vacation. You seem really stressed out."

-_-0 Like I don't know.
Don't we all need a vacation? ha! :P
Old 07-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #15  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416 View Post
Taylor - A lot of time when I am in a food rut I just walk around my grocery store and see what catches my eye. Like last night I found this cool La Choy Pepper Beef Chow Mein meal. It was AMAZING!!! AND for the whole meal it was only 300 calories. I would never have found it had I not just been aimlessly searching the aisles.
Wow... That's awesome! Problem with me, though, is that I HAVE TO have a grocery list and get them and leave the store. If I start walking around grocery store, I start getting stuff I don't need and I won't eat just because they look good at the store. Sigh... I have to try La Choy one... It sounds like it may fix my Chinese tooth (lol) with lesser calories. =)