Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekly Chat 06/30-07/06

Wow.. I'm surprised that weekly chat is still not up. My Monday is going kinda blah so far. The weather is kinda nasty, my TL called and asked me to come in one hour early because someone called in sick. Well, at least I get to do one hour over time if I decide to do so.

I'm looking into trading my car in and either leasing or buying a new one...Problem is right now, I drive about 350 miles per week...so leasing sounds really expensive. But I've never traded in a vehicle, bought, or leased a car on my own. The car I'm driving is my second car in the U.S., and first one was my ex's, and the one I'm driving right now was his aunt's that we bought from him. I want something bigger than what I got-either suv/cuv. Well, what do you ladies drive and what do you think is better? Leasing or buying? what do you prefer?

I haven't lost that much but then again, I was being pretty bad this weekend so I'm surprised I lost even just little bit. Hopefully I will be able to stay on plan this week and see some more loss.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

i drive a jeep liberty, and so does my mom. WE BOTH LOVE THE JEEP LIBERTY! my mom loved her first one so much that when she sold it to me, she bought a new one for herself. I like the jeep because it has all the room that an suv should have, but it is compact enough to fit where larger cars do not. it handles better than any sedan i've ever driven. also i get 380 miles approx. per tank of gas. i would buy if i were you, but i get attached to things...you also could wind up getting screwed over on a lease. i hope this info helps ~sara.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I was just checking to see if anyone started one. Slow day for me too. I slept in and then went to my internship, I'm not scheduled on Mondays but figured I needed to get some work done. The only other thing I want to do today is go to the gym which I'm going to do as soon as I leave here.

On a bad note my weight was up again this morning, I think it is because of the drinking on Saturday night. Hopefully just some water retention. We'll give it a couple of days.

Tara - I totally agree about the weather. I think its cold today. I walked out of my apartment after not checking the weather with capris and a t-shirt, mistake if I do say so. I'm not sure because I've never actually owned a car but I always hear about problems with leasing because of being over millage so be careful with that.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #4  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I think if you're driving that much a week it might be a better idea to buy. I'm pretty sure leasing has rules as to how many miles you can put on the car in a year. I think if you go over the miles they charge you for it.

As for the Jeep Liberty I have wanted one for a few years now. I think theyre so cute. A girl I work with loves hers.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

I'm having a awesome day!!! I finally went to the grocerie store and despite my husband kicking and screaming the whole way I dragged him along as I bought TONS of healthy food.. and that made today alot easier... but I haven't been exercising at ALL ... all I do for exercise ( untill I get some $$ ) is walk ... and I haven't been able to because its been raining ALL week now I'm gonig to pray I make it through the rest of the night without "cheating"

onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #6  
I will do this.

Today marks 11 days without cheating! WOOT!!!

I also did the elipitcal again today for 30 minutes and every time I do it it gets easier. After the 30 minutes I felt like doing the bike but only got 5 minutes in. Maybe next time I will get 6 or 7 minutes on the bike until I work up to 30 and make my July goal of working out an hour of straight cardio 2 days a week and weight training for an hour 2 days a week...then another day of cardio for 30 minutes.

The sports bra I got totally made a difference. I didn't feel like my girls where gonna hit me in the face when I went faster. Yay for small things.

Everything is going pretty smooth around here. My aunt is sending me some of her favorite meals for under 350 calories..should get here on tuesday and if I like any I will share!

Other than that...my apartment needs a good cleaning which I am gonna get to....sometime today.....

tara I don't have any thoughts on leasing vs. buying. Maybe a consumers report would help with that...?

onesullen Yay for healthy foods! I am sure with all that great stuff in the house you won't feel like cheating!

remember My guess would be water weight, too.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

This is my first time on the weekly chat, I decided to jump right in with y'all.

Good job Taylor that's awesome!

I'm at day 6 of really changing my lifestyle and not cheating.... I'm feeling good. I went browsing yesterday and was really excited. I'm normally a size 22 but all the pants I tried on were 18's and they looked good, none of that extra belly hanging over. I also bought a dress, which I'm wearing as a long shirt (I'm too tall) over jeans that was a 14/16 and a pair of goucho pants that were a size 14/16. I'm so excited. This is so huge for me.... haven't been in those sizes in years. People are already starting to notice a change in my appearance, it's cool. I'm glad I'm in this for the long haul, it finally dawned on me, I'm not on a diet.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #8  
Can't wait till 170

I just finished working out... My DD ended up going to sleep at 3!! She's supposed to go to sleep around 1. Sigh.. Well, I really didn't feel like exercising today...so I changed my gear and did Pilates that I haven't done in a while. Did 40 minutes of it and already feeling it on my thighs and ab. =)

Thank you ladies for your input on the car. My friend got Jeep Liberty limited edition back in 2004. She had a baby too and with the car seat, it felt pretty tight in there..and she told me not to get it either because it doesn't really have that much room inside. Hmmm... I will have to take a look at that again. 380 miles is great! My Dodge Neon does about 240 miles per tank of gas...

Here we go again: Congrats on the size of clothes! Yay!
Taylor, I know how it feels with sports bra. I don't work out in regular bras anymore becuase it just doesn't feel right.
onesullengirl, walking is a great workout. If you can't walk because of rain, what about jump rope or jumping jack inside the house? I know Jillian Michael does that as part of her workout dvd.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
onesullengirl, walking is a great workout. If you can't walk because of rain, what about jump rope or jumping jack inside the house? I know Jillian Michael does that as part of her workout dvd.
that is a great idea ! I've been kind of wanting to get one of those plastic things that goes around your ankle and its got a counter to see how many times it went around... not sure what they are called but I LOVED them as a kid

Last edited by onesullengurl; 06-30-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #10  

Hey everybody. Well the boyfriend's birthday has come and gone, and not only did I "fall off the wagon" but I had a running start and leaped. I was TERRIBLE and went into full binge mode all weekend. Fogo de Chao (although amazing!!!) was a never ending meat feast and then when I got home I ate like the biggest block of chocolate you've ever seen. The next day I had 3 pieces of deep dish pizza followed by a night of drinking. Sunday I said what the **** and had Chipotle for lunch and then a HUGE Italian feast. I did not work out at all either... what happened? I obviously feel like CRAP today.

I know I know today is a new day. Trust me I've said it to other people on this board and I know it. The only problem is: 4th of July weekend. So many bbqs it's going to be hard to make up for last weekend. Normally after a bingefest like I had I try and be PERFECT for a couple of weeks, but that will be very difficult. Did I mention I'm from Chicago and am going to the Taste of Chicago? OY!!!!!!!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #11  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesullengurl View Post
that is a great idea ! I've been kind of wanting to get one of those plastic things that goes around your ankle and its got a counter to see how many times it went around... not sure what they are called but I LOVED them as a kid
SKIP IT!! Haha sorry, just really loved Skip It. Oh, childhood...
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #12  
I will do this.

Does anyone have a day where they just feel like a beached whale?

Maybe it is TOM, but god I feel like I am some sort of large hippo today.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

So I came home and went to the gym eventhough I didn’t feel like it. I just wanted to talk a nap or clean but I went to the gym. I wanted to end the month on the right note. After I came home I ended up playing the WiiFit for 26 minutes (would have been longer but my roomie came in so I first felt bad about occupying the main tv and second she keep wanting to talk to me and I can’t exercise and chat). I also crushed all of her scores on the WiiFit, not that we are competing but after I used it the first couple of times she used it and you could tell that she keep playing until she beat my score, so it felt good to beat her without trying and she plays it more then me.

Onesullengurl – Your talking about skip it. If you have cable television with an on demand service they have fitness videos, also check out your local library some have either free or low cost videos to rent.

Taylor – Woo Hoo getting over 30 minutes That is really good. I have the same problems with my chest flapping around (they aren’t large but they sag because of the weight loss sorry if that is TMI), and I wear a sports bra and a sports take then a regular tank over it. It sounds like a lot but keeps them really flat and I never have any pain or problem with them flapping.

Herewego – Welcome to the weekly chat! Great job on the NSV!

Taylor – Good job doing the exercising when you didn’t feel like it.

Cookie – I hate the food hangover it’s the worse. The important thing to remember is he only has a birthday once a year so it’s ok if things don’t go as planned. Just jump back on the wagon and start again today. Try and drink lots of water at the bbq and at the Taste of Chicago. Look for chicken dishes and grilled veggies at the bbq (you could even bring some if you don’t think they will have them)
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
SKIP IT!! Haha sorry, just really loved Skip It. Oh, childhood...
yes !!!!!!!!! thankyou!! could not think of the name of it for t he life of me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post

Onesullengurl – Your talking about skip it. If you have cable television with an on demand service they have fitness videos, also check out your local library some have either free or low cost videos to rent.
unfortunately I had to drop the on demand when I moved out of my apartment into my house ( I miss the fitness videos and health shows... ( although the house has been all worth it )

I have a few I own .. but I don't like them :| for soem reason I have a really hard time Liking most exercise videos lol..... but looks like I'm gonna have to bite it untill I get my elliptical

Last edited by onesullengurl; 06-30-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #15  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Does anyone have a day where they just feel like a beached whale?

Maybe it is TOM, but god I feel like I am some sort of large hippo today.
what about huge elephant? There sure are days I feel like an elephant and today would be it.