Weekly Chat 06/30-07/06 - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

arts- Congrats on the size 12!! I totally know how you feel about the size 10! That is my next step too. There is something magical about getting down into the single digit sizes.. and 10 is the last one until those single digits! Hopefully I will be there soon....
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #77  
I will do this.

artsy WOO HOO on size 12! That must feel so good! My size 18 jeans are beginning to fit me - we will see by the end of July where that goes! Good job and getting back on track!!! Working out does feel good !..... Although my poor hair has been in a pony tail since June!

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-06-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

It's so funny, as I continue to get smaller, somehow I convince myself that my clothes are getting bigger??? Why can't I just be happy with myself for what I've accomplished instead of mad at clothes manufacturers for making things not true-to-size? I will never cease to amaze myself.

I think the thing about size 10 for me is that I NEVER remember being there. I remember being a 12 vaguely, but I've NEVER bought size 10 anything. That would be a HUGE affirmation of all my efforts!! Ahhhhhhh I hope that happens soon!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
Well, yesterday involved parties and after parties and way too much beer. I won't even tell you what it came out to when I plugged it into fitday.

On the plus side, I've been hitting the gym hard over the last week, and I'm a little ahead of plan on the July fitness challege.

So we went shopping on Friday, and I was ecstatic to have a size six dress fit at a designer store (other than the buttons on the chest pulling open which kept me from buying it). Dang buttons! Dang chest!

I did buy some new workout clothes and went to the gym feeling like a goddess. Then this man (probably about 70-80 years old) came up to me and starting asking me how much weight I'm trying to lose, which really offended me, so I lied and said I was just trying to get into better shape. I happened to be doing weights at the time, and I take notes to keep me honest on the rest breaks. So, friendly old dude told me once I start coming to the gym more often I won't have to take notes since I'll be used to having a routine (apparently since he hadn't seen me at the gym before it means I don't go). He followed up with a plethora of unsolicitated (and incorrect) weight loss advice (loudly, of course) That'll keep the old ego in check! Note to self- never forget the headphones again!

Sorry for the long post, and I hope you all have a great day!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #80  
I will do this.

Well, last week was a success for me. Workouts topped out at 5 and I stayed a bit below my calories.

Today I am having a lazy sunday - maybe a bit of laundry and some cleaning up the apartment. Not a big deal.

I am worried about the boy though. He is about 6'1" and is eating the same if not less calories than I am (ranging from 1,250 to 1,400). Food doesn't interest him...I mean he likes to eat when it is a steak or beer but on an everyday basis he can't be bothered. When he does eat at home it is a burritio, oven pizza, pot pie....etc. I am worried because I now know how much harm they can do in the long run. He maybe healthy now but sooner or later it will get him. At dinner he will eat the same as I do, veggies...meat...rice (or I will make him mash potatoes with fat free milk and margarine)....I am just worried for the long term effects his eating habits could have on him. I also know that they only person I can truly control is myself and hopefully my habits will rub off on him.

silver WOO HOOO size 6! That is just awesome! You go girl! I wouldn't worry too much about the beer, probably just drink more water today to get rid of bloat. As for the creepy old man, that sucks! People can be so rude. That's why I ALWAYS wear my headphones when I work out so I can't hear anything people are saying because I always think they are talking about me, when in fact they probably could care less.

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-06-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

OOOooooooh I ate SO SO BADLY at work today!! Bad BAD ARTS!! I had a BIG pancake with syrup, a piece of bacon, and then (for some unknown reason) the cooks decided to make me fries -- which I proceeded to eat as well. BLECH!! What a GROSS combination! I don't feel too too bad, which is really good because normally I feel obscenely guilty, but today I'm just feeling like "ah well, it's not gonna kill me, but it's NOT good!"

I did just work a double shift, so it was TONS of walking and it was pretty hot, so it was hard work!! I'm working another one tomorrow, so it's definitely a lot of exercise....but I just hate it when I can't get to the gym/my dance classes because of work...it makes me really mad!

silver -- CONGRATS on the size 6!! That's my final goal size!! You must be feeling fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #82  

Thanks guys! Yes, the old guy at the gym was a good time. My fiance's suggestion was to tell him he should really write a book with all of his wonderful advice and walk away.

Taylor I can totally relate with worrying about your guy. I've been so lucky that mine has been so supportive, I mean I went from wanting nachos and pizza and beer four times a week to super clean food, and he's never complained. He lost his weight about a year ago in a totally unhealthy way (only eating white rice and diet soda). I thought for sure he'd make himself sick, but he's gone back to eating normally somehow he's managed to keep the weight off and hasn't had any repercussions (knock on wood!). I'm sure your positive influence is going to be a big help.

arts I'm glad to hear you didn't beat yourself up over fries. It sounds like you're working your tail off, I'm sure you'll burn through the fries in no time!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #83  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well and dropping inches and sizes left and right! I had to go buy some work-acceptable clothes the other day, and fit into a 10 in dress pants in 2 different stores! I was so excited. I have yet to buy new jeans, but my 12's are getting loose, so I may have to go shopping soon. I kind of don't like spending money on "in-between" clothes (meaning before I get to a 6/8, which is my ultimate goal), but it is fun to fit into a smaller size!

On a different note, I was running today, and feeling great, and thinking about how it had been a great on-plan day, etc., etc., and a bird pooped on my head! Seriously. I don't know what that's about...
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #84  
I will do this.

I did another 30 minutes on the elliptical today. It wasn't my best time, but I think I ate too soon before working out...actually I didn't wait at all so I pretty sure that effected my workout time. I really should have taken day off, but I leave for my camping trip on friday and I wanted to get in 5 days again this week. so 30 minutes is better than nothing!

arts Good job on not beating yourself up! I was a waitress for 2 years and I know it is a lot of walking and a lot of work so I am sure you burned off some of those fries

jess WOOT! Size 10!!! I also don't like to buy clothes when I am in between sizes, kinda a waste of money! I am glad to see you posting again!

....Haven't seen Tara around lately though...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #85  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like everyone did GREAT over the holiday...EXCEPT me. :P
I was so bad this weekend. On Friday, we went to a festival and I was bad bad bad. Then Saturday, we went to a family gathering and I told myself "portion control portion control portion control" but it never happened. At least the house was on the hill and I had to go up and down because of my DD who had to go potty like every 5 minute.
So when I weighed this morning, I was suprised that I didn't see that much gain. I did work out Friday, Saturday, and today. I did extra today so that I could burn some of the stuff from the other two days...and I ended up at 188.6. Well, that's actually a loss so we will see how it goes tomorrow morning at my official weigh-in.

I can't do personals today because I'm quite behind at work but maybe will come back later. Just wanted to stop by and say HELLO~~
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

I finally broke past my rut at 165 and I am actually about to break into the upper 150's!! But the really great news is that I had to go to walmart today and my dress pants are getting alittle big so I just went to see if they had anything. Well I plucked a size 10 off the rack thinking, "ok, I will just TRY them on, they will probably be alittle small.. but it's worth a shot" and holy crap they fit!! I felt like screaming right in the fitting room. I am still in shock... i know that all brands run in different sizes and that jeans are a different story but STILL!! I can't remember the last time I have ever fit into a size 10 anything!! I am just on cloud nine today! But you know what.. when I looked in the mirror in that fitting room.. i still saw the same me I saw when I started.. i know it's the whole body image thing but I just don't see why I KNOW i am a smaller me.. .but yet I still see the same me.. it's crazy.. i guess it is probably something that everyone who has lost weight suffers.. it sucks... because I must be smaller because I am wearing smaller clothes.. but the girl I see.. is the same me.. i hate it! but i am still happy because that tag on those pants say 10 darn it!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #87  

aerogora I know exactly how you feel! When I tried on the dress the other day, I remember thinking "how could this fit me? they must have screwed up their sizes." I wish I could see a difference in myself, but if it weren't for the clothes getting bigger and the scale going down, I'd swear that I hadn't lost at all.