Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #16  
Flabulous

S/C/G: 230/218/160

Height: 5'9"

I had the same problem last time I lost weight (went from 240 to 150). I never appreciated the way I looked at 150, and I think that perfectionist mindset contributed to me gaining a lot of weight back. At 240 I avoided mirrors at all costs and never focused on my looks. But when I was 150, I was freakin' obsessed with them and started overanalyzing every part of my body.

This time, however, I've vowed to look at myself more objectively. Getting thinner isn't any fun if you can't feel great and enjoy life.

Last edited by LetsWorkItOut; 06-29-2008 at 01:36 PM.
LetsWorkItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm not there yet myself (wish I was!) but many have mentioned that even the last 10 pounds can make a big difference, and sometimes it's more in one area, rather than all over.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #18  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I used to like to not think about my weight when I was at my heaviest, so I would never really "feel fat." I felt depressed, hopeless, terrible, destined to die alone, etc. but not "Fat." As I began to lose weight, however, I began of course to pay attention to myself and how I looked -- I looked in mirrors for the first time, studied photographs of me... and I starting feeling fat for the first time.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

My thoughts resonate with everyone here as well- I never felt fat- I knew I was big- but now, looking back at pictures, I can't believe that it was ok for me to get that way. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN LOST THAT MUCH WEIGHT YET! I can't imagine how great it will feel to finally get out of the 200's..190's..180's, etc.. and just keep dropping. I love that when I try my clothes on, I have to change outfits because clothes are TOO big, rather than too tight. I think it's because I'm aware now of how big that I actually am, and how I want to be, and that's what makes me feel bigger than ever. But at the same time, how empowering it feels to be actively changing that situation.
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote