Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Unhappy a little bit nervous...

Ok, I woke up at 2:30am with really bad pain on my right side under the bottom of my rib cage. Went to the ER.. fun...fun.. well turns out that I have a TON of tiny little gallbladder stones. I have so many that my gallbladder is completely full and some are starting to come out!!! So that was THE most painful thing that I have ever been through. Well, so after talking and seeing many doctors today, I am having my gallbladder taken out tomorrow morning!! It has all happened so fast. I am so nervous about it.. anyone here have any advise or comforting words who has had theirs removed?
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

OMG I'm so sorry, as I start reading about you pain on your right side my first thought was she has gallstones. I had them in November 2006 and had to have my gallbaldder removed. (That was after I had lost about 50 pounds). Anyways, it is a very simple procedure and has a very short recovery time. Be happy that it is happening fast, I went to the ER for mine (didn't know what it was), they discharged me with instructions to go to the doctor, I went to the doctor, while I was waiting to get my sugery (less then a week later) I ended up back in the hospital, had to have an ERCP to unblock my liver which started to shut down. So waiting really is a bad option. Plus as you said gallbadder attacks are the most painful thing in the world (I've heard they are worse then child birth).

If you have questions now or in the future PM me I've been though a lot with it so I have some knowledge.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #3  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

I've not had mine removed, but a class mate of mine did this year - and her life got so much better after the surgery. She was always nagged by chronic pain and tiredness before, and after she got done healing post-surgery (she said it was about 10 days till she felt like new again), she was just a completely different person! Sorry its happening, but I'm glad its happening fast - she had struggled for years before the doc gave the ok to have her gallbladder removed.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote