Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #1  
*LotteryGirl*

S/C/G: 204/192.5/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Wanting to Binge, not cheat, but Binge!!

I am freshly new on here so... here I go!! Well, I I have been on the south beach diet for 4 days now. I have lost 4.5 pounds. I am excited, yes. But when I go to the store to buy food I start craving all the foods I love-JUNK Food. I want to buy foods that I don't ever buy. Pop tarts, cheese crusted pizza, bagels, english muffins, doughnuts, cookies, & tons of candy.
I am wanting to just go when my bf is at work and binge-and most likely purge... The voice is so strong in my head!! It makes my mind crazy for hours! It messes with my mind at the store. AAHHH...
I need some encouragement or advice, please. Thanks
LotteryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:14 AM   #2  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Lottery, I see that you lost about 12 lbs altogether so far, and lost 4.5 lbs in 4 days! That's awesome! You don't want to binge and purge and ruin the healthy eating habit you are trying to build. If I'm correct, SBD is low-carb diet, and you are probably craving those carbs big time because you are getting low-carb, but whatever diet you are on, it's for the best. Just picture yourself reaching your goal of 150 and how great you will look and feel.
Maybe you can ask your family member or bf to do grocery shopping for you so you don't have to go through the temptation. Good luck and be strong.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #3  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Hang in there, love! Your body is in the process of changing how it fuels itself, and since you're cutting back on carbs (to which it's become accustomed), it's freaking out a bit. You should find that the carb-craving thing stops within a week or so.

...on the other hand, it's possible that this is more psychological than physical. Can you think of any reasons why you might find the idea of successfully losing weight a little threatening? (More common than you'd think!)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

You will feel so great tomorrow when you can say that you had the will power to get through this craving. And it makes the next craving easier to deal with. So hang tough! and Don't go into the center of the supermarket. That is where all the processed foods are. Stay along the outside walls where all the fresh, natural, healthy food is.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #5  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Thats natural the thing is you have to do that less than more! I love junk food so I know what you mean and sometime I still do eat things I shouldnt really have but its not that often. Try eating fruits and veggies. Something that has made dieting and living healthier easier for me is preparing and planning your food in advance that has worked well for me! Lots of luck
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #6  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

I have been on and off sbd for 3 years now. I am currently calorie counting and keep SB principles in mind. But when you are detoxing from a bad carb (junk food) diet, it will hit you hard. Get through the first week and you will feel better. However regardless of the diet binging and purging is NOT an answer, EVER. (I too am a recovering bulimic, so i'm not just saying this). Stick with SB and you will be happy. SB is one of the main things that helped me recover because it taught me that i could eat and not gain weight or feel guilty.
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #7  
*LotteryGirl*

S/C/G: 204/192.5/150

Wink Thank You!

Thank You everyone!! Your support is incredible! I will look back at this post when I am going crazy ha ha... Thank You!

Love, LotteryGirl, xoxo
LotteryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

Stay strong!! Also, never go grocery shopping when your hungry... thats the worst.
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote