3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   binge eating at night (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/143898-binge-eating-night.html)

moralitylikeart 06-14-2008 07:33 PM

binge eating at night

For the last 3 days now I've been picking something up around 9 or 10, eating it without thinking about it... without even being hungry, and not realizing it until after I've finished :/
not even healthy things, like brownies and banana bread
and I'm usually not a sweet eater, like I'm not even enjoying the food

so I think to avoid this I'll probably brush my teeth around 9
and then make some green tea

any other ideas?

Fairy Sarah 06-14-2008 07:40 PM

Check out the "I keep forgetting I'm dieting" thread. The responses there have helped me so much!

Now whenver I go to do something like that - I say to myself "Stop self-sabotaging" or similar and it really does stop me in my tracks!

GradPhase 06-14-2008 07:42 PM

I drink ice cold water.

It's like shock treatment for my mouth.

That may seem silly, but it seems that when I mindlessly eat at night, it's because I'm bored, or getting to that cozy side of sleepiness and I just want even more cozy. So I drink ice water to remind myself that nothing should go in my mouth that won't help out my thighs.

It usually works - unless I'm EXTREME comfort eating. Then I just give in, eat, and have a good cry. I don't recommend that method, lol.

moralitylikeart 06-14-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairy Sarah (Post 2226491)
Check out the "I keep forgetting I'm dieting" thread. The responses there have helped me so much!

Now whenver I go to do something like that - I say to myself "Stop self-sabotaging" or similar and it really does stop me in my tracks!

is that in the 20-something? or like chicks in control?

moralitylikeart 06-14-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskinomad (Post 2226492)
I drink ice cold water.

It's like shock treatment for my mouth.

That may seem silly, but it seems that when I mindlessly eat at night, it's because I'm bored, or getting to that cozy side of sleepiness and I just want even more cozy. So I drink ice water to remind myself that nothing should go in my mouth that won't help out my thighs.

It usually works - unless I'm EXTREME comfort eating. Then I just give in, eat, and have a good cry. I don't recommend that method, lol.

that's a good idea
but I drink water all day long easily more than 8 8ounce glasses, sometimes it feels like a chore
so by 9 I think I'd be gagging on more water

moralitylikeart 06-14-2008 07:56 PM

nevermind fairy sarah, I found it
>.<

I feel silly now

xraygirl 06-14-2008 07:59 PM

I have to stop myself and ask if I am really hungry and also remind myself how bad I feel after I eat it.

just_a_dreamy1 06-14-2008 09:48 PM

Hi moralitylikeart,

If you've never done this before, maybe try to figure out why you're eating that extra food...

Are you not getting enough calories during the day? Are you bored? Looking for comfort?

Otherwise, it sounds like you have some great coping techniques. Best wishes!