Old 06-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #1  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Default This is my renaissance.

I'm feeling amazingly discouraged. I'm trying to stay patient with myself, and trying to understand that it's a slow process, but it feels as if nothing I'm doing is making a bit of difference. If I was so much as losing 1 lb a week, I'd be happy enough knowing that at least SOMETHING is changing - but not even that much is happening. I've just -got- to be doing something wrong.

I get to Utah Monday for the rest of the summer. I'm kicking my butt in to high gear, and I'm working harder at this. I can sit here and sulk, or I can get off my bum and do something about it. So I'm going to do something. But mercy me is it not exhausting waiting for something that seems will never happen. I just want to cry all day - but instead I've been running. And it still doesn't seem to help.

So when I get to Utah - here's my plan. My official plan for starting over, and staying determined to reach my goal.

64+ oz of water per day.
Running 2 miles a day / 3 days a week (Couch to 5 K, so 2-3 miles.)
Joining Curves and heading up there with my sister 3x a week.
Cutting all sweets, processed sugary foods, white flour, etc out of my diet, as well as sodas (don't drink them now anyway) and red meats. (Most of which I'm not eating now.)
Calorie counting, and writing down everything I eat. Careful measurements and considerations for planning meals ahead.

I feel as if there must be something very paramount and very obvious I'm missing in all of this. There's got to be so many things that I'm just -not- getting. I don't even know.

I do know, though, that before I head home for college, my number 1 goal is to be able to find jeans that actually fit me, over my big hammy thighs, and smaller stomach, that are both comfortable, and cute. So that I can finally go around campus, and go out with my boyfriend without feeling like a roly poly chubby short thing anymore. I want to feel young. I want to feel healthy. I want to have energy. I want to feel sexy. I want to be able to keep up. And I don't. I just don't.

So here's to new beginnings, and starting over, again.

If anyone wants an accountability buddy, has any words of wisdom or encouragement, or also wants to complain about the trials and tribulations of this entirely overwhelming journey we're on - I'm your girl.

I just hope you wonderful ladies are having a better night of determination than me.

Last edited by GradPhase; 06-14-2008 at 12:38 AM.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:32 AM   #2  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Don't worry!! You'll get there! You know what? For your height, your weight is pretty good! I have a friend who is your height and 148, and she is pretty thin.
I think that has to do with your rate of loss, but that's not to say that you won't lose. So don't worry or feel discouraged, - just keep at it. How often do you weigh?
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #3  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

try to keep exercise instead of losing weight. I used to worry all the time about my weight but now i only focus on toning up my body. It's better to lose inches rather than weight, right ? ^^ So don't worry. Just keep it up and you'll see result. IMO, You're not "THAT" overweight to be able to see result quickly. (I haven't lost a single pound since this 3 weeks when i started exercises but i can feel i'm toning up, and it's a good feeling =^^=)
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

Thanks for the encouragement

It's not so much an appearance thing, honestly. I like my body as is. I just feel like I can't -do- much with it. I live in Alaska where everything is very outdoors related, and I pass up on so, so many opportunities because I'm not fit enough to tag along with my friends. Because I physically just -can't- join them, and I hate it.

I weigh in and measure once a week, and so far nothing exciting is happening. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #5  
I will do this.

I am on the same path, babe!

I have done some great things and learned a lot. But now I am ready to buckle down and get this started.
I joined the dailyplate and have been logging like mad staying just at or under 1,500 cals.
Cutting way back on diet coke and adding in massive amounts of fruits and veggies.
And also cut out everything white (I do still have my rye crackers though) and stopped eating rice cakes and popcorn. They are just useless calories.
Making my goal of working out 4 times a week (this week it will 5 though!)

We can do this!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #6  
Just keep breathing!

Woooooo yeah!!!

I'm going Tuesday to get my first pair of glasses probably, (Last semester left me with endless amounts of migranes from trying to squint at the chalk board during three hour lectures. Ouch!) and Wednesday I'm heading out for a new hair style. Hopefully all of these little changes will help encourage the bigger changes, and vice versa. I'm feeling a bit better today knowing that positive stuff is heading my way (really - can't WAIT to stop squinting!) so I hope this feeling lasts a bit longer.

I'd never heard of rice cakes being bad for dieting though?? That's new to me!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #7  
I will do this.

Not bad but I was eating them instead of an apple or veggies with more nutritional value.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't belong to the 20-something crowd. Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience losing weight (and regaining it ). But, from experience, I've come to expect an average loss of about a half pound a week.

Recently, I joined Curves and I've been going 6 days/week. I find that I am now losing closer to 1 lb/week and I am ecstatic! So, partly it's a matter of expectations.

But everyone is different and there are lots of folks who can lose weight much faster, and there are also many folks who lose weight only very very slowly.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote