3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Frustrated!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/143652-frustrated.html)

DCAGirl 06-11-2008 08:01 PM

Frustrated!!!

Hi all :) I am very new here, posts wise... I have been reading a long for a while and feeling soo inspired by you folks! Anyhow, I am feeling really frustrated and I feel like this is a place where people might understand/sympathize and maybe have been there and done that.

I just wanted to cry... I was using the wii fit today (every day 30 minutes for the last week, in addition to walking and eating less) and when I did my body test, I came up at 199 even. A personal high for me :( Up about 5 pounds since I started, as I lost initially then put back 1.8 pounds yesterday and 2.2 today :(

I just don't understand it! I have been moving around, feeling stronger, eating less and my pants even dig in less....but here I am basically 200 pounds :( I feel so awful and discouraged, I was sure I was at least making *some* progress, but it seems I am back pedalling.

Just needed to get that out. If this isn't appropriate here please let me know! :carrot:

Annita 06-11-2008 08:07 PM

3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826

I think this thread may help you abit. Don't be discouraged too soon ^^

Mango683 06-11-2008 08:20 PM

There is nothing more discouraging than working super hard, and then seeing and increase instead of a decrease. What should make you work harder just makes you more upset and give you a "why bother" attitude..but instead, look at all the factors from that week before- did you do anything different? eat more? TOM coming? perhaps a little less active? you're human, and you have to keep living. This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change and that's important to remember, so you're going to constantly have ups and downs. It's being able to adapt and deal that's important. So you buckle down, have a great week and see what happens next time. You just may be surprised! I highly doubt you'll undo all your hard work thus far. Just re-focus:-) good luck!

scorpio88 06-11-2008 09:12 PM

Welcome to my world, haha. Since March, I've jumped between 140 and 150, currently holding steady at 138-139ish. It's horrible, isn't it? Makes you feel like you need to give up but that's the best time to keep going because if you gave up at everything in life when it didn't go your way, you'd never reach goals. For every goal, there's a wall. You just determine if you want to break that wall down or not. Good luck, you can do it!

DCAGirl 06-11-2008 10:02 PM

I just wanted to thank you all for your encouraging words!

And thank you for the link...I am wondering whether the gain has something to do with the drinking of more water and exercising when before I was downing diet coke and just sitting all day long. Its at least a less discouraging thought then the alternative :)

Scarlett 06-11-2008 10:44 PM

It happens to everyone....although if your just starting out it may be a little suspect because you usually tend to loose big the first week or 2...maybe you're just consuming too many calories...try to focus more on diet than exercise..(but don't limit them too much)

also like someone above said...it's a lifestyle change...you need to find a diet/exercise routine that you can do forever...because if not you'll just put on the weight as soon as you go off the diet. If you did everything right and the scale just didn't agree, congradulate yourself for sticking to plan for a week...it's another week of reprograming your behavior.

I like to read good diet blogs...I'm addicted to pastaqueen.com She lost almost 200 pounds and held tight at 230 (I think) for a month, kept at it and the scale eventually went down.

vixjean 06-12-2008 10:52 PM

Could be swelling or water gain, but let me tell you what - it's natural and it's common! If you keep up staying on plan those numbers WILL go down, don't let them win, a week can be too soon to tell anyway.