Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #46  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

My fiance is from Europe too (Albania). All his family members are beautiful and thin (his mom is a bit chubby, but not FAT). Anyway, just a quick story: One of his cousins is particularly beautiful and lives here (he has some cousins and two pairs of aunts and uncles here). When my fiance first came here, I was more or less my current weight, but he was a bit thinner than he is now. Recently, he went to visit these relatives without me while I was at work and he had the day off and this cousin took a look at him with little newly formed bit of a belly and goes, "Oh, now that you've put on some weight, you and Karen really go together well."

... WTH is THAT supposed to mean? That I'm enormous and fat and now that he is fatter than he was, we look more appropriate together? I ask you: WTH? he comes home and then tells me this story, thinking it was like the cutest comment he'd ever heard (he took it more at a jab at HIM than a jab at me, but let's get serious...) Who says something like that? *I* would never point out what a good couple she and her husband make, considering that neither of them has any personality to speak of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
klk I feel ya on on the fiance's family. My man is from Europe and I am super nervous to meet his family at my current weight
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #47  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I second this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
chickinthehat -- we welcome 20-somethings as well as those who have at some point in time been twenty somethings :-)
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #48  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I can seriously relate to EVERY SINGLE thing listed already, but I thought of a few more tonight...

I Will Not Miss.....

** my whole body not fitting under the water while I'm taking a bath. My belly gets so damn cold because it NEVER fits under the water!

** feeling intimidated when walking past a group of ridiculously skinny teeny-boppers at the mall. Seriously, why do I even care what some pre-pubescent girls think of me?? I am a grown woman!

** not having the self confidence or energy to initiate romantical time with my hubby as often as I want to.

** dreading the thought of meeting new people for fear of being judged soley on my weight.

** wearing men's t-shirts because I am SO self-conscious about my arm-wings and most of the cute womens shirts I find are too short and show off too much of my flab.

** being too scared to walk in a store because I'll be humiliated when I realize they don't carry "big girl clothes"

** avoiding Victoria's Secret. I used to love that store - especially their semi-annual sale!! - but I think everyone would stare at me if I walked in there now.
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:38 AM   #49  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

OMG.. Victoria's Secret! Yeah I feel the same way!
Well it's also the setup of the store at my mall.. it's always ridiculously crowded and you run into people a lot. But the VS is SO spread out that they can really spot you and what you look at, and at my size, I felt too out of place to go in there. I don't have the confidence yet to buy anything from there, nor do I want to until I hit my goal.. BUT.. once I get to my goal, that is going to be one of my rewards - I am going to march in there, buy a sexy outfit, and proudly walk around the mall with a big bag that says Victoria's Secret on it! (then I'm going to surprise my boyfriend.. *hehe* shh..)
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5'5"

What I won't miss:

* Feeling insecure about my body while I'm making love to my husband.

* 34DDD breasts, if I could even just drop to a DD again I'd be much happier.

* The cellulite that has appeared during the gain of the last 10 lbs. on my stomach and front of my thighs.

* Feeling winded when doing 20-45 minute hikes.

* Looking 5 months pregnant when I forget to tense my abs/suck it in.

* Not feeling amazing in anything I wear.

* Photographers telling me "I'd be perfect" if I just lost this (as they grab my midsection).
Rachellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #51  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachellia View Post
* Photographers telling me "I'd be perfect" if I just lost this (as they grab my midsection).
WTF! Who thinks they have a right to touch anyone.. That would piss me off. As for me:

-Being comfortable to go out and meet new people.
-Not worrying that my past sexual encounters leave me off their list because they are embarrassed about it because of my size.. <--- that is really hard to admit because it sounds so vain...
-Being nervous to meet future SO's family because of my weight.
-Not showing off my tat's like I would like to.
-Not trying new sexual positions that I want to.
-The fear that when I wear tighter fitting clothes I get the looks like wow that shouldn't be made in THAT size..

Just a small list of what I have in my journal..
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyFowl View Post
WTF! Who thinks they have a right to touch anyone.. That would piss me off.
No, it's not cool, but it's pretty common when you model. It was this female photographer from Russia who was shooting me for a contact lens ad. She was talking about how I could do "straight size" commercial modeling (like I did in my teens) rather than plus size. Still, it does catch in your throat a bit to hear someone say that to you.

But once I get to my goal, I won't give a damn because I'll feel too good about my body to care. When I was 120, I felt the best about myself physically than I did when I was far thinner.
Rachellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #53  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Things I Will Not Miss:
  • The jiggling! Everything and everywhere I felt like the blob (this is mostly better now, but I still really need to tone up a bit).
  • Being 5'1" and trying to squeeze myself into regular jr. sizes, at my heaviest I was on the cusp of plus. I probably should have been wearing plus sizes but they do not make those for short girls so I poured myself into regular jeans somehow. Now I can shop anywhere I want. Although my bank account would probably be better off if I was still fat.
  • The constant worrying about if I was the fattest friend or the fattest girl in the room, and how to make myself look as un-fat as possible. I drove myself crazy.

I'm sure there are lots more, but it's all I can think of at the moment.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Things I won't miss about being overweight:
*squishing into my size 18/16/14/12 jeans.. barely.
*pairing those same jeans with a sweatshirt.... all year round.
*being the fat friend.
*not bothering to think about meeting anyone when we went out, simply because I was the fat friend.
*pretending not to care about that fact
*"you could be so pretty if..."
*"why don't you try...?"
*having NO sex life
*having no dating life... and believing I wasn't good enough for it.
*avoiding most shops and stores because they didn't carry a size i could squeeze myself into
*looking like crap in clothes because i was too stupid/embarrassed/whatever to admit that I needed the next size up.
*not going to get hair cuts because i'd have to talk to someone.. who spent the time staring at me (or at least it felt that way)
*being heavier than the BF (when I had one...)
*not wearing shorts or skirts for years and years
*having to wear pantyhose with everything to keep it all held in
*wearing the same black pants and black shirt for every "nice" event
*not being able to cross my legs
*thinking that i should be doing something about it all of this... while eating a bag of chocolates
*not fitting in the booths at restuarants
*not being able to wear heels because my ankles hurt too much
*cropping photos
*not looking like i should be anywhere near a dance studio, let alone teaching in one...
*not fitting comfortably in airplane/movie theater seats
*being asked if i'm pregnant
*having sex with the lights off... and the cutains drawn with the shade down, lol
*seeing my thighs jiggle like fresh jello
*being depressed, having low self-esteem, and poor body image
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #55  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I won't miss:

- being uncomfortable in my own body

- avoiding the great pool in my new apartment because of how I feel in a bikini, and because of being seen next to all of the skinny girls already out there having fun.

- wishing I could run a 5K this fall, or actually a 5 mile race in September I've had my eye on.

- being scared to step on the scale

- avoiding dresses, skirts, most cute tops because of my stomach, chest, arms and back fat.

- wearing clothes that are too warm for the weather, because I'm too shy to wear a tank top or something cooler.

- feeling like my boyfriend (who is great and never comments or acts a certain way) is ashamed of how big I am when we are out with other couples/friends with girls who are so much smaller than I am.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #56  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I will not miss:
Not being able to fit in rides
Being uncomfortable in the movie theaters
My back hurting when walking only short distances

And things of that nature
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 AM   #57  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I won't miss feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, not know how to really move and use my body in a strong, feminine way -- I feel so uncomfortable with myself and I never learned to move my body with grace. I sort of just lumber along like some kind of fat ogre. I won't miss that.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #58  

I won't miss:
-automatically dismissing the idea that a cute guy might think I'm cute too
-thinking my head is disproportionally small for my body
-that sweat line on your tshirt from between your belly rolls when you sit down
-having to put deodorant between my thighs every day to prevent chub-rub
-thinking my thighs look like tree trunks
-secretly wearing maternity clothes because, hey, they fit!
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #59  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingirl81 View Post
*cropping photos
GOOD ONE!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 324/279/170

Height: 5'10"

oh, better yet, lengthening photos so that you look skinnier and freakishly tall. Then hoping no one notices. =)
dani4a is offline   Reply With Quote