Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: sw/cw/gw 188/181/124

Height: 5'7

I think it could be that girl not wanting to admit it. I've had friends snap at me just for eating a salad, saying things like oh I guess you think you're perfect. Sometimes people just like to be nasty when other people try to be healthy because it reminds them that they're not. Or if the girl is already skinny, then seriously, you're competition. You dropped 20 lbs, of course it's noticeable. If you can see it and your family can see it, don't be bothered by others. Because even if though wont admit it or to oblivious to see it, they know on some level that somethings changed in you.
FaintSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

thanks for advice btw tara and scorpio. It's a bit of a way off but if I could get down one size, I'd have a much better choice of clothes.
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

When I first started losing weight my friends didn't say much... but sometimes I heard them talking behind my back saying stuff like "wow she's lost a ton of weight" in hushed undertones. Sometimes it can be a touchy subject. Some people don't want to say anything for some reason. Especially when you've lost a ton but still have a lot left to go.

I reached my goal weight once (before I bounced back) and once I was semi thin all my friends were like wow you look so skinny! and some of them kept squeezing my stomach (thats a little annoying haha). But once I finally got there, I realized that I spent so much of my life hoping that no one thought about my weight/size, that when I actually looked good I still didn't like people commenting on my weight anyway! Geez I can never win. Oh Well. Now I need to lose weight again and this time I'll be happy that people notice cause it is what will keep me honest.
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote