this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

So many that I'm going to do in list form:

motivations (in no particular order)
- self-confidence
- cute clothes
- having fun on shopping trips with friends
- being ready for unexpected (and expected) events like weddings, parties, meeting people, trips to beach, etc
- running faster without extra weight
- feeling like I'm taking care of my body
- kicking depression in the ***
- cheekbones
- photos
- being able to powerwalk up hills without collapsing (i live on one)
- being what I feel I am on the inside on the outside, as well

And so many more...
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I decided to put this here from a different post of mine, I had been a bit embarrassed but feck it, these are really what motivates me:

I keep a tiny list of reasons I want to lose weight taped to the back of one of my cards in my wallet, and not just the obvious, like 'to be healthy' of course I want to be healthy. But when it's between me and a donut, that doesn't wash...I'm far more inspired by some of these:

-performing an erotic striptease for my boyfriend.
-dancing in a sleeveless top (I've never owned one, too embarrassed by my big fat arms and bingo wings) with my arms in the air, happy without a crippling sense of self consciousness.
-visiting family and friends that haven't seen me in years, and the surprise on their faces when I walk in (I like to imagine that they won't recognize me because the change has been so dramatic)
-being able to buy cheap and pretty clothes in any shop I go into (there are very few plus size shops in Ireland, and I always feel as though I'm not well presented or that I look sloppy)
-My friends wedding in September (combines both the clothes, and the seeing people I haven't seen in ages)
-Amazing sex with the lights on in positions that would make Pamela Anderson blush!
-and of course as always, EX BOYFRIEND REVENGE, as well as ex crush revenge, on all those that wouldn't give me a chance because of my size.

I'm such a dork...oh well, I'm sure that won't change, no matter how much weight I lose :-)
saoirse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 324/279/170

Height: 5'10"

Let's see....

I want to stop nervously glancing down everytime I hear the word "cankles," desperate to reassure myself I don't have them. (still can't decide, for the record)

I want to actually be able to wear the cheap rings I see in stores. The only ones that ever seem to fit are the awful gaudy one for old ladies.

I want to be able to climb onto the roof of my house with a beer and watch the sun set with my friends.

I want to see a gap between my thighs.

I want to get rid of that dreaded muffin top (even if I'm not sure about the cankles, I definitely know about the muffin top).

I want to finally learn how to do a successful cartwheel.

I want to stop worrying about that stigma of being the fattest person in the room, and worrying if everyone else notices it too.

I want to stop worrying about eating in public. Always worrying that the person next to me sees me and is thinking "wow, she really doesn't need to be eating that."

I want to stop paying attention to the position of my head so much when I have my photo taken. There's the double (+) chin, or the head-neck anomaly.

I'm tired of seeing Tabloids that say "SHE'S FAT!!" and thinking "damn, why would anyone think she's fat? I'd kill to look like her?"

I think fat people are the only ones that are safe to make fun of today. We embrace every form of diversity and avoid offensive jokes, but somehow, fat people are always safe. And always looked down upon. I want to show people this major flaw in our society.

I've spent a little too much time in the hospital lately. I want to be able to fasten the hospital gown, damnit!

I want to buy clothes in a "one-size-fits-all" size without worrying if one size actually DOES fit all.

I want people to be able to describe my physical appearance without the obvious "fat." Yes, there are so few of "us" in the city that if someone describes me within a group, people will immediately know who I am based on that one word. I hate that it's my most defining physical quality.

I want to stop getting illogically annoyed at skinny girls.

I want to actually look at an attractive guy, instead of just completely not noticing his existence because I know he's way out of my league and probably attracted to those stupid, vapid, anorexic, skinny little ******* anyway. ;-)

I want to wear sexy underwear.

I want to bend over 1) without constricting my air supply, and 2) without baring a aircraft carrier.

I want to feel like I can actually date an average sized man without feeling completely self-conscious. Nothing at all against overweight men, there simply isn't a large population in Boulder.

In fact, this whole damn city is skinny. I don't like being one of the biggest people in the city. I want to feel like I can ski, hike, rock climb, and do all that outdoorsy stuff that Boulderites are so into that I've never even considered doing.

As you can probably tell, I want to get my confidence up. This is the result of an entire life of being "the fat girl." And I'm done with it.
dani4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Dani4a- They're all great, I felt like I was like, yup, me too, uh huh, check, I'm printing them out to keep in my handbag....they won't all fit on my little wallet card...
saoirse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #20  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika79 View Post
My husband is actually putting $5 in our checking account for every pound I lose and I'm allowed to "use it" when I hit goal, and I'll be buying all new clothes with it. I freakin' LOVE clothes when I'm smaller (not so much now, because it's frustrating)... so I can't wait to build up my wardrobe when I hit goal.
That is such a great idea! Either I'm going to do it or I may get my bf help me with that!!! =) Just thinking about shopping makes me want to do better at it!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #21  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by olguitha View Post
i just remebered something, i wanna be a bee for halloween, my family always make this huge halloween ball, and i wanna look like this:

and not like the little girl in blind melon's video
Woot woot.. a GREAT one!!
My friend throws a halloween party evere year and I always have been looking at Plus size costumes. This year, maybe I will surprised everyone with some sexy outfit like that, as I don't get to see him that often with my work schedule right now.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #22  
Can't wait till 170

Here are my goals/motivations/rewards...

As some of you may know, I'm visiting my family and friends in Korea that I haven't seen over 4 years. Being healthier and thinner than when I last saw them would be one of my goals. This also would be motivation for me. Then comes the rewards: clothes from Korea. Their sizes are sooo small but they are soooo cute. I will be there in October and will be able to find such a cute jacket or coat that I've never been able to wear. I am also going to get my hair done while in Korea and being thinner would look better with the hair I want to get.

I want to wear cute,sexy, and nice clothes without feeling conscious about my body. I want to be able to shop with no feeling of being embarrased or shame.

I want to be able to run and play with my 2 year old daughter as she's growing up, not just sit on the couch or on the bench and watch her play.

I want to be healthy. There is a STRONG history of diabetes in my both parents' side. I don't want that. My dad had problem with high blood pressure and now he's doing good by eating healthier and working out. I don't want to realize that I need to do something for my health too late. (my dad was 58 when he started changing his life style)

I want to be thin..or at least NORMAL, which I have never been. I want to enjoy my life without being judged by my look of being fat. I don't want people to remember me as a fat person or "BIG" girl.

I want to look like a mom who looks like one who hasn't had a baby.
I don't want to hear "You don't seem to be a 'typical' Asian girl. Are you a full Korean?" anymore.

I want to stop looking at my pics on my friends' MySpace and hate my arms, hate my chins, hate, hate, hate... I want to look good or at least be pleased with my pics.

I want to stop "checking out" skinny or thinner girls. (I am TOTALLY STRAIGHT, though). haha.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 05-15-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #23  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

tara i think you are my korean twin, i check girls too, my EX is always saying that i look more girls than him.
but i only look at them because i wanna be like that
olguitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse79 View Post
-Amazing sex with the lights on in positions that would make Pamela Anderson blush!
Ahahaahaha!!! That is definitely going on my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
I want to stop "checking out" skinny or thinner girls. (I am TOTALLY STRAIGHT, though). haha.
OMG! I do that too! I'm always afraid that someone will see me checking out some skinny girl's booty and misinterpret my "look of longing" as longing for her...rather than as a jealous/wish my booty looked like that kind of longing.

Dani, those are awesome motivators! I think I'm gonna put them on my list too!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

My motivation is my sons. I want them to be happy and healthy. I want to be an active mom and running circles around them.

My goal is (on the scale) 135ish. Also, I'm from Florida (now in Philly) and when we go home at Christmas, I want to be in a bathing suit on the beach. Yeah, you can go to the beach during Christmas there :0)

My rewards are mostly internal. Happier, more self-confidence, just feeling amazing. The external, though, is seeing my boys healthy and active. They're only 3,2 and 1 so they are plenty active, but I want them to keep it up! Okay, and hubby is buying me a pair of shoes every couple of weeks because no matter how my weight fluctuates, my love for shoes will never falter! LOL
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #26  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

These are all great. I could relate to so many of them!

Mine are not that different, I guess... I want to stop being the "fat friend" or the fattest one in the room, the fat family member, etc. I want to stop shopping at Lane Bryant as well as stop shopping by MYSELF because I'm afraid that my friends will go into stores that I can't go into because the clothes are too small...

Health reasons, definitely.

I want to stop thinking that people must be wondering why a hot guy (my husband) is with a fat person like myself!

Lastly.. motivation... my husband promised that if I met my goal (135 lbs.), he would take me on a vacation to anywhere I wanted to go - resort, cruise, etc. I think I've settled on an all-inclusive resort in Barbados or something along those lines. I figure if I've got a great body, I want to show it off in a swimsuit!!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #27  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, my name is Karen, I'm new here.

My main motivation at this point is to lose some weight/tone for my wedding in October.

I lost a lot of weight in 2004 (going from 264 to 175lbs) but then I hit a plateau and in the last two years I've regained, lost and regained the same 15 - 20 lbs over and over, so I'm 190lbs now.

I liked when you mentioned that once you lose some weight you would begin treating yourself to some new things -- hairstyles, clothes, etc. I have to say, even though I'm no where near my goal weight (SIGH!) I treat myself a lot better now than I did when I was 264lbs... back then I never wore make up, for instance, and now I do, and I would never fix my hair, but now I pay attention to how my hair looks, etc. I've also developed a much stronger, more outgoing personality and I stand up for myself in situations the way I never did when i was heavier. That was a big motivator for me back then... feeling confident in myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
Yeah, I know, that's kind of a huge general topic--but in my case, all of mine kind of fall under each of these.

My friend just recently got a pixie cut--looks GREAT on her. For a time it inspired me to get my hair cut short myself, but after mulling over it a while, I realised that I don't have the hair for it--my hair is super curly and would probably just turn out looking like an afro!
So I decided against that, but also made the decision that, once I've reached my goal weight, I -am- going to start treating myself to some new things. Like, actually looking for hairstyles, getting a monthly trim so my hair grows out longer, faster (I've been growing my hair out since sixth grade when it was chin-length, and in four years, it's only gotten to my shoulders!), and maybe invest in some -nice- make up rather than the cheap stuff you just pick up at Wal-Mart. That, and treat myself to some new pants and generally a nicer wardrobe.
Something else I've found out is that I'm actually shorter than I thought I was--a year ago, I thought I was 5'4", but recently I discovered I'm only 5'2"! Okay, so some of you are probably thinking, "Why the heck does she want to be shorter?!" The answer? I can't really be sure, but there's something about generally being "small" and "petite" that I've always liked, and that probably stems from the fact that I've pretty much been overweight my entire life and believing, as most do, that I'm "big-boned". I'll never be as small as my 4'10" friend (but oh, how I envy her!), but I'm smaller than I thought I was, which is more than good enough for me. (:
Today I also tried tightening my belt on my ROTC uniform pants, and I found that it made me look significantly slimmer (Not too tight--the last time I adjusted it was when I was ten pounds heavier), and not only that, but that my pants are starting to really bunch up. They used to be tight before!
This kind of goes with my goals--I want to be at my goal weight by the start of the new school year so that I can immediately go in and get myself some new uniform pants! (Seeing as I'm the supply officer now, I'm in charge of that stuff ) It was also my intent to get my driver's license at the end of the school year, but thinking about it, I'd rather have the picture made when I'm at my goal weight. That, and next summer, I plan to go on a trip to Germany for two weeks with the school to our town's sister city, and to repay a visit from the exchange student from that sister city who stayed over -here- two weeks! So, there are goals number two and three--look good for my driver's license photo AND for the passport photos!

So, now--what's your motivation? What are your goals, and what are you rewarding yourself with when you reach your ultimate goal weight? =o
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #28  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

OMG your post was just great in everyway possible...

especially the part about how, despite all our cultural and social sensitivity, we still feel totally free to make fun of, belittle, judge and lecture overweight people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani4a View Post
Let's see....

I want to stop nervously glancing down everytime I hear the word "cankles," desperate to reassure myself I don't have them. (still can't decide, for the record)

I want to actually be able to wear the cheap rings I see in stores. The only ones that ever seem to fit are the awful gaudy one for old ladies.

I want to be able to climb onto the roof of my house with a beer and watch the sun set with my friends.

I want to see a gap between my thighs.

I want to get rid of that dreaded muffin top (even if I'm not sure about the cankles, I definitely know about the muffin top).

I want to finally learn how to do a successful cartwheel.

I want to stop worrying about that stigma of being the fattest person in the room, and worrying if everyone else notices it too.

I want to stop worrying about eating in public. Always worrying that the person next to me sees me and is thinking "wow, she really doesn't need to be eating that."

I want to stop paying attention to the position of my head so much when I have my photo taken. There's the double (+) chin, or the head-neck anomaly.

I'm tired of seeing Tabloids that say "SHE'S FAT!!" and thinking "damn, why would anyone think she's fat? I'd kill to look like her?"

I think fat people are the only ones that are safe to make fun of today. We embrace every form of diversity and avoid offensive jokes, but somehow, fat people are always safe. And always looked down upon. I want to show people this major flaw in our society.

I've spent a little too much time in the hospital lately. I want to be able to fasten the hospital gown, damnit!

I want to buy clothes in a "one-size-fits-all" size without worrying if one size actually DOES fit all.

I want people to be able to describe my physical appearance without the obvious "fat." Yes, there are so few of "us" in the city that if someone describes me within a group, people will immediately know who I am based on that one word. I hate that it's my most defining physical quality.

I want to stop getting illogically annoyed at skinny girls.

I want to actually look at an attractive guy, instead of just completely not noticing his existence because I know he's way out of my league and probably attracted to those stupid, vapid, anorexic, skinny little ******* anyway. ;-)

I want to wear sexy underwear.

I want to bend over 1) without constricting my air supply, and 2) without baring a aircraft carrier.

I want to feel like I can actually date an average sized man without feeling completely self-conscious. Nothing at all against overweight men, there simply isn't a large population in Boulder.

In fact, this whole damn city is skinny. I don't like being one of the biggest people in the city. I want to feel like I can ski, hike, rock climb, and do all that outdoorsy stuff that Boulderites are so into that I've never even considered doing.

As you can probably tell, I want to get my confidence up. This is the result of an entire life of being "the fat girl." And I'm done with it.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/138/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyUp View Post
About the plucked chicken legs look, I totally have it to and it sucks! Tanning REALLY helps with mine. I use Designer Skin Spellbound tanning lotion stuff when I go, and it smells amazing and really makes my legs look A LOT better.
Ohhh! I'll have to try it then. xD I always tell myself, "Once I'm down to my goal weight, I'll show off my legs all the time!" Then I remember my chicken-leg problem, and it's like, "Ah, no, no, maybe not." But I'll definitely have to try going for a tan this summer or something.

Ahh these posts are all so inspiring!
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #30  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

clothes....always clothes considering i gifted a dear friend that was in need of pants over 5 pairs of jeans that no longer fit me due to weight loss(she's had a bad shopping experience with nasty little witch in a macys so i made her feel much better)
new shoes.....i had to go down a 1/2 size from a 10 to a 9 1/2 so i needed new sandles and dress shoes
oh yea the whole cute bras dont come in a DD is false, haynes has the curvation line which is aimed at bigger sizes.

i feel great no longer shopping in the plus size dept i bought pjs for mothers day that were an 11/13 and a large(12/14)
and the next time i put on my hubbys dress shirt it will be coming off with a striptease!

yea uh i guess i need to get off here and plug in the dvd player and do my workout
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote