Old 05-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #31  
doing it right this time

S/C/G: 230/192/140

Height: 5'8"

Something really skanky, tbh.

I love costumes (sometimes I break out old halloween costumes and wear them around the house while I do chores or watch TV just because). I really want to look hot in the costume from the movie "5th Element" the white bandeau thingie. WANT IT!!!

Also... I just want to feel sexy. I dont care what it is.

Currently... I have a size 12 jean hanging up on my bedroom door for motivation. I wore them when I first moved here two years ago... then I ballooned to a tight 18... now I"m at a comfortable 16. I'm getting there... I"m getting there...
blondebombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Vintage inspired dresses in a size small. I do have a size 8 dress that nearly fits me but I need no lose some inches around the bust.

Last edited by ShannanA; 05-06-2008 at 12:04 PM.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #33  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

My ultimate goal is to fit into my skinny jeans!!

Two weeks ago I was cleaning out my room, re-organizing my armoir and I came across a few pairs of jeans that I had bought when I was skinny. They were a size 4!!!!!! AND they were big on me!!!!!!! God, I can't even imagine it right now.

So my goal is to fit into those pants again!!!!! I put them all in one of those rubbermaid containers and put it in my closet. I didn't have the heart to throw them out. Throwing them out felt like I was giving in to being FAT and accepting that I would be this way for the rest of my life!

So I decided to make the change right after I was confronted with skinny jeans!!! My motivation is to fit comfortably into those pants!!!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #34  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i just bought a dress (size 18) i'm about a 20/22 now. i love this dress and so want to wear it.

i tried it on in the fitting room and could NOT get it past 'the girls'. i said 'it's 13 dollars and one day I will wear this dress' so I bought it anyway.

standing in line to pay for it, i noticed a zipper on the side...

i got home I tried it on. I can get it on but I can't zip it.

I'm waiting. i'm about 15 pounds from zipping it...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/169/115

Height: 5'2"

I have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes in various sizes, all unworn. Every time I got bigger I seem to have tried to deny it by buying clothes that were too small so never got worn. Other things fitted when I bought them, but I just never had the confidence to wear them. I've just gone and had a look through them, and some of them are so lovely I just can't wait to wear them.

There's *loads* of this stuff: I honestly think that I've never worn at least two-thirds of the clothes I own There are some real highlights though - the things I'm most looking forward to wearing are one particular cashmere jumper; a long, clingy Italian mohair jumper that's as delicate as a spider's web; and a sheer, beaded kaftan that's incredibly pretty. There are some other really pretty tops, dresses, skirts, trousers in all (UK) sizes from 10-18 (though the 18s only have a few more pounds weight loss left in them before they're officially too big hurrah! ), even coats.

But the things I'm actually looking forward to wearing most are the things I could in theory wear today: pretty scarves, dramatic jewellery and most of all, a particular pair of black stilettos that I absolutely adore. I want to have the confidence about how I look to be able to wear these things and not feel like an idiot, like mutton dressed as lamb, like a fat, ugly woman who thinks she can pretend to have the right to wear nice things.

I can't wait

Last edited by tabitha; 05-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.
tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #36  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

what a wonderful thread!

I Have been a bit mad and bought a few pairs of jeans that i adored off of ebay in sizes too small for me.

they are my long term goals!

but i have a pair of skate jeans and some black 3/4 combat trousers that i was wearing last summer that i cant get into right now.. they are my next goal!

PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I was going through my summer clothes, and I found a pile of pants that I keep putting into the 'Will fit Next Season" box. I cannot spend money on size 11 pants, which is what fits me, so I always buy size 9s, and put them in the box, for 'later', while I wear my crappy old pants. I have 7 pairs of these pants that are all going to look great on me, 'someday'. Well, the time is coming, because I've started the weight loss, and I'm going to Do It this time!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #38  

Location: Suburb of Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia Canada

S/C/G: 173/161.5/140-35

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogora View Post
I don't have a specific item of clothing. I just want to be able to walk into ANY clothing store at the mall and be able to walk up to a rack and pluck a pair of jeans and actually FIT into them.
I have to agree, when I was at my goal weight before, I used to be able to pick up what I wanted to wear and buy it and it looked good.... now I have to buy certain cuts/styles to flatter my body and hide stuff.... Thank gawd empire waist came back in style, in the last little while When I can try on what I'd like to wear and not have my belly rolls sticking out of it.... I'll be happy
ChissaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 147/129/120

Height: 5, 0

reall great thread, something everyone relates w/....i bought a beautiful white summer dress...jus coz it caught my eye, i made the excuse of telling my hubby that it's for my sis but of course, since i've forgotten to gift it to her, i think i'll aim to get myself in it....it'z a size 6....right now i'm 10 on verge to 8....
propanalol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #40  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

i don't really have an "ultimate goal outfit," like so many other people have said, i just want to be able to walk into ANY store i want and be able to look awesome. this is especially true for fancy, expensive stores...even though i'm broke and wouldn't be able to buy anything, it'd just be nice to know that i could fit in to it! lol

As for short term goals, I really just want to look better in my shorts. shorts are horrible because even if they're just a wee bit too tight they look ridiculous! i also have a pair of size 10 jeans in my closet that i can't wait to fit into!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I actually just fit into a goal dress!! It's a sea green, satin, cowl neck halter dress (pretty formal) that I bought a few years ago because it was such a steal....it sort of fit then, but I knew I wouldn't have the confidence to wear it.

I just wore it to a year's-end theatre banquet and I felt so good!! In looking back at pictures I sent bf when I first got it (we were long-distance then) and pictures from the banquet I thought I didn't look much different, but bf saw the pictures and said "WOW!! You've definitely lost weight!! That dress looks better on you now then when you bought it."

...and I was 17 when I bought it :-)
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #42  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
I actually just fit into a goal dress!! It's a sea green, satin, cowl neck halter dress (pretty formal) that I bought a few years ago because it was such a steal....it sort of fit then, but I knew I wouldn't have the confidence to wear it.

I just wore it to a year's-end theatre banquet and I felt so good!! In looking back at pictures I sent bf when I first got it (we were long-distance then) and pictures from the banquet I thought I didn't look much different, but bf saw the pictures and said "WOW!! You've definitely lost weight!! That dress looks better on you now then when you bought it."

...and I was 17 when I bought it :-)

Yay!! Congrats! That's a GREAT GREAT GREAT NSV, too! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I feel happier and more motivated just reading all the comments in this thread!

I'd say that my most recent goal clothing is skinny trousers/jeans. I just got myself into a pair of pants that I hadn't ever worn because they were too small and realized that I may not be that far off from getting skinny leg pants! As in, no flares, no boot legs, no stretch. Just smaller pants that fall fairly straight down.

but no tapered either of course. that's just a no-no.

Oh! and like graciegoose said: shorts. Can pull off skirts but shorts look funny while I'm still 'hippy'. I'm excited to pull it off for this summer!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 222/222/160

Height: 5'6

I want to fit in my size 12 Express jeans it would be ohhh soooo nice!
Meesha80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #45  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

There are so many clothes I am dying to wear. I love pretty little dresses that just are so light and make you feel so feminine. And I haven't worn a dress in...forever. I could never imagine wearing a dress right now that wouldn't let me hide in my baggy jeans/t-shirt.

But I have this one piece of clothing that I am just dreaming to wear. I got it when I was getting married and it was so beautiful. A little white tank top & skirt. Very flowly & light. I bought it online and got the biggest size they had. Thinking oh I can fit into that...but nope. I couldn't even get it on. Though to be honest I doubt I would worn it out anyways with the little straps showing off my arms.

Defeated and sad I was gonna send it back. But my hubby knew how much I was in love with it and told me just to keep it that you never know. So there it sits in my closet.

Someday i'll dance around in it proudly
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote