I'm under 200

• Again....

When I first got below 200 it was last year and it was the first time I'd been below 200 lbs. in 9 years. I vowed that I would never be above 200 lbs. again.....well you can obviously see what happened. My lowest below 200 was 185 then I gained sloooooowly until I hit 204. I was dismayed and angry that I got above 200 again but it still didn't motivate me to recommit and start losing again, I hovered over 200 for 2-3 weeks. Finally I'm down again and really trying to keep this up. But sometimes I wonder, what's wrong with me! Why can't I just DO IT! *sigh*
  • First and foremost, congratulations for breaking 200lbs! That is a great accomplishment! I, as well as I am sure many others struggle with "why can't I just DO it" and wondering what is wrong with us. Sometimes I would find then when I would lose a few extra pounds one week, I would think "woohoo" I don't have to diet or work out, and I wouldn't and then that is how I would yoyo around. Like the more weight I lost the less motivated I'd be to continue...kind of like graduation, when you get that degree, you feel relieved like, all the work is done now, I can relax. I guess we just have to get to a point where we see the "diet" and the "exercise" as not work, but as part of our lifestyle that we will never want to stop doing...if you succeed in doing this, let me know how!
  • I used to think I was at that point, the point where it becomes habit and lifestyle. I have been at this for 2 1/2 years now and there was a point where I didn't even think about it anymore, I didn't struggle with what to eat, I didn't struggle with getting myself to work out, it all just seemed to come naturally. In those 2 and a half year this is only the second time my weight has gone up instead of going down or staying the same (the first time was about a 10 lb. gain) so I don't think I'm yo-yo-ing too bad...but it is still frustrating!
  • Yay, yay, yay, yay!!! Entering onederland is a great occasion!!!! Congrats!!!
    And look it-- you are not yo-yoing. Not anymore. You can do this and keep at it.
  • Congrats on breaking 200, that's a huge accomplishment. Just keep taking those baby steps, and you'll be able to keep it off.
  • That is so good to hear that you were able to do this! Congrats!
  • CONGRATS!!!!!!! As hard as it it, just stick with it. Remember, there's TONS of support on here. We all have our bad days, but there is ALWAYS encouragement to get back on the horse after you've fallen off!

Keep up the good work!
  • That's so Great! I've been where you've been.. I hit my 203, went down to 186, then went back up to 208 slowly... Now I'm at 200 trying to get to the Onederland.

I'm so happy for you and keep up the good work!
  • You CAN do it!! Congrats!!!
  • Congratulations on leaving the 200's! Don't dwell on what happened before, just be determined to not let it happen again.