Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #16  
I will do this.

Duct tape on pubic hair...wow. I don't think there is words to explain how much that would hurt.

I don't think it's that weird you shaved your legs, a lot of sports guys do it.

Although I do agree with swimming when I shave my legs it's a success if I am not gushing blood from my ankles.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #17  

Height: 5'

And just imagine....us girls have to do that several times a week!
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #18  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really cracked me up. Ha!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #19  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

It seems I am the "odd one out" here. I know lots of people of assorted genders and sexes who do or don't shave, so it's no big deal to me

I'm glad you are enjoying the feeling of your shaved legs.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #20  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Okay, coffee almost came out of my nose on that one! Thanks for the laugh!

I was already in a good mood because its Friday, but that just pushed me over the top.

As far as cutting your ankle.... watch out for that, it hurts like h-e-ll and bleeds forever!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #21  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

What, no JPGs?

Take your time around the bony bits and the Achilles tendons.

It's a rare shave where I emerge blood-free too. And another reason I don't shave my legs in winter unless I'm dating
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #22  

Hehehe. That definitely brought a smile to my face. And waxing is not quite as painful as Mel Gibson made it out to be!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #23  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Hahahaha, thanks for all the shaving tips! This is great, I love this place!!!
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #24  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Duct tape on pubic hair...wow. I don't think there is words to explain how much that would hurt.
Oh, that hurts a lot. Think bikini wax. Good times, good times.

I just want to add that though I would NOT like to shave my face, what about the pits? I hate shaving my pits. When I lived in Northern Cali, I let them grow long and free...but that makes more of a statement here on the East coast than I'd really like to say!

And Griff, I'm glad you have a comeback for when your buddies tease you. But just be prepared, I'm sure there's more to come!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
I just want to add that though I would NOT like to shave my face, what about the pits? I hate shaving my pits. When I lived in Northern Cali, I let them grow long and free...but that makes more of a statement here on the East coast than I'd really like to say!
I hate that, too... if I shave them every day (which I have to during the summer.. or at least every other day) they get all red and bumpy. So, my choices are, red bumps or visible stubble. I can't win! At least in the winter I shave them every 3 or 4 days and the skin stays healthy.

I thought about waxing... for about 5 seconds, because just thinking about it was painful, lol. I know some people do that, but ouch!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #27  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Just watch out for shaving if you have goosebumps on your legs! Ouch!!! It feels like you are shaving with a butter knife.

Does anyone notice if you shave your legs smooth and then later on if you get really cold and have goosebumps on your legs, they are no longer smooth? Some friends and I think goosebumps might push out the leg hair a little bit, just enough so you no longer have that silky smooth skin feeling.

Shaving makes you feel SO clean! Ya know what is even better - and worth the torture? Waxing under the arms. :P
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #28  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Ya know what is even better - and worth the torture? Waxing under the arms. :P
Ouch! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Griff, you are just too cute! I keep trying to convince my DH to let me shave his legs and he just says "No!"
Becareful shaving behind your knees! That is a tricky spot for me. Luckily, being a blond, I only have to shave my legs every couple weeks. My leg hair grows back so slow and so blond and unprickly, even my DH doesn't notice when I don't shave.
The down side to being so blond? I can't tan worth a darn. I just blister....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #30  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Oh man--- I remember the first time I ever shaved my legs--- I got into bed that night and slid between the sheets and it was like orgasmic... wow...

Sometimes in the winter I let it go way too long just to get that same feeling again... but alas, never quite the same way it was so many years ago.

Too funny though--- I've seen guys with shaved legs--- one of the oddest things ever.

But, hey... it's better than tearing your hair out from the roots every day, right?

Oh, yeah--- I grew up shaving with disposable yellow Gilette razors-- men's.... I kinda always figured you HAD to bleed when shaving (or, what about that tell-tale STRIP of skin you peel off the front of your shin bone the first time you're excited to shave?) Anyhow--- I've been using the original Venus razor for years now... LOVE LOVE LOVE it... on every little bit on my body... have never bled ONCE in years. No matter where I use it. Shaving takes half the time now b/c I'm not in fear of cutting open my skin each swipe!

Last edited by BrandNewJen; 04-28-2008 at 01:41 PM.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote