Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #16  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I have a Tanita digital scale and I LOVE it. It measures body fat also...not sure how accurate it is as I have never had my body fat measured professional. Although, I have heard that all the body fat scales are inaccurate. I have heard from several different professionals that the only accurate reading of body fat is the water thingy...sorry don't know the technical name...hehe. Calipers are decent also but the person better know what they are doing or its useless info.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #17  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Default i'm not crazy?!

I always thought I was crazy because I'd weight myself until I got the same number at least three times in a row too! I thought maybe it was some sort of OCD or that i was just plain crazy... I'm happy to see i'm not the only one who does this and i LOVE my digital scale. It has a body fat and body water calculator thing but i'm pretty sure it's no where near accurate! I only weigh myself once a week (sundays). If I don't i'll be in there weighing myself at least 10 times a day... it's a slight obsession for me...
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #18  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I agree with Thousandsunny! My scale already offers too much temptation for me - to have a digital that went to tenths of a pound would be like, "Ooooo, let's weigh myself before I pee, and then again after!" and similar situations.

I don't need to know my exact weight during the week, other than my Monday night WW weigh-in, so, looking at the needle on the scale just tells me I'm going in the right direction.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #19  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
"Ooooo, let's weigh myself before I pee, and then again after!" and similar situations.
I would do this... So I gave DH the battery and I only get it on sunday (weigh day) and then I have to turn it back in.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

I have both a digital scale and an analog one, personally I like the digital better because it's so hard to read the numbers to a tee. My digital one just has whole numbers, and considering everytime I step on the scale, I get a different reading (by like 5lb sometimes), I think it's time for a new one.

Does anyone know any good digital ones that go in decimals as well? It has to be cheap as I'm a college student and poor at the moment.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #21  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket84 View Post
I would do this... So I gave DH the battery and I only get it on sunday (weigh day) and then I have to turn it back in.

Toooo funny!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #22  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88 View Post
Does anyone know any good digital ones that go in decimals as well? It has to be cheap as I'm a college student and poor at the moment.
I recently bought a Health-o-meter digital scale for like $20 at Wal-Mart (the cheapest one they had--another college student here ). So far, it seems to work really well. It gives the exact same reading multiple times (not that I repeatedly weigh myself or anything... ). It goes in increments of 0.2 lbs.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #23  

OMG I know this sounds weird...

So I weighed myself originally on the analog scale I have here. Well, I failed to notice its a lb off anyway. So today I was weighing in and depending on how my feet were on the scale the weight fluctuated. I was kept trying to get a clear reading (one of the reasons I don't like analog so much) and I finally stood in the same place, weight dispersed what I felt like was evenly... kept getting the same reading, but it was really weird.

Ugh. Def time to buy a digital scale soon. Talk about aggravating.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #24  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
So today I was weighing in and depending on how my feet were on the scale the weight fluctuated.
My digital does it too. I kinda hate it. DH told me, "It's only ever a pound or 2 different" well jeeze honey, a pound or two is all I am trying to lose in a week!!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket84 View Post
My digital does it too. I kinda hate it. DH told me, "It's only ever a pound or 2 different" well jeeze honey, a pound or two is all I am trying to lose in a week!!
LOL no kidding. I just don't think men get it!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
I recently bought a Health-o-meter digital scale for like $20 at Wal-Mart (the cheapest one they had--another college student here ). So far, it seems to work really well. It gives the exact same reading multiple times (not that I repeatedly weigh myself or anything... ). It goes in increments of 0.2 lbs.
How weird! It's the black one right? I just went to Walmart about 5 minutes ago and picked up the Health-o-meter one for $19.86, and I was about to come here to see if there were any better ones. I don't like the reading on it though, it has me up 2lb from my other scale which I assume this is the accurate one. I had it on the carpet at first, and it jumped from 144.0 to 139.8, so I put it on flat ground and I'm 144.0 exactly. Blah. I hope that means my starting weight was higher.

Last edited by scorpio88; 05-02-2008 at 06:52 PM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #27  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Yup, it's the black one.

See, I had the opposite issue; I swear my analog scale was stuck at 170, so I was pleasantly surprised that this digital one said something closer to 167, but I have no idea which one is more accurate. They were both kinda cheap...
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #28  

I love my omicron digital scale!
billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #29  

I bought the Taylor Body fat scale today from Walmart.

Its dead on... and I can read the numbers perfectly. I know its not 100% accurate on the body fat reading... but I didn't like what it said! YUCK!

But yay for having a scale I can actually read now (and I did step on it three times - never fluctuated ONCE!).
Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #30  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have both, analogue and digital....
i stick to using the analogue one, so much easier....
i can actually see the dials getting close and closer to the ten!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote