7 Miles

• Okay,
    I'm the least athletic person you will ever meet. Once I get to the gym I usually complain and punk out 20 minutes into it.

Sunday I got up feeling like that would be the first day I enjoyed working out. I don't know if my attitude was different or what is was, but I did 7 miles in 35 on the excersize bike at my gym!

Usually I do 1 to 2 and I'm sweaty and huffin and puffin when I'm done. I did sweat however I did not feel exhausted, nauseous or out of breath like I normally do. I wasn't going extremely fast either... I just didn't give up.

Ladies and Gents..... if I can do it, you can too!

-Michelina
  • Fantastic feeling isn't it?! good job! I definately believe that working out is 95% mental, 5% physical, until you get over that lurch of making working out into something other than a chore.

Good stuff Michelina! I'll be remembering that when I'm jogging my mock hills on the treadmill.
  • Wow!
    That's awesome! I have been needing some motivation to work out lately...grrr, it can be so difficult to take that first step! But I know when I do work out I feel great...I just need to buck up and commit. Your 7 miles is inspiring!
  • Way to go!!!

It's such a big boost to the morale to see a difference in the distance and time. Whenever I shave a few minutes off my running time or get in a longer distance I get totally psyched up for the next time!

• Great! Try it again! Keep it up!
  • I am right there with you -- not too long ago I would think of every excuse to not go out and exercise. I would be secretly glad if it rained...Now, I actually look forward all day to my hour long walk and it feels so good when I'm done.
    It's actually quite a miraculous change in my behavior, but I think the more I do it the better I feel and the faster I lose weight and it's just so motivating now.
  • i laugh to my self guys, you know now knowing I can do this I'm feeling dumb about all the past excuses Ive made previously i.e.

But then I'll be tired the rest of the day
    I don't like being sweaty
    My head hurts
    I'm tired now
    I just ate
    I don't want to mess up my knee
    Then I wont bowl well tomorrow because I'm tired

and more that I can think of I'm sure. Sounds stupid now. i just gotta do it!
  • That's AWESOME!!! From my past experience, once you feel you CAN do it, it'll get easier and easier and EASIER!!!
  • So yesterday I tried it again, just to see if it was a one time thing. In 30 minutes I did another 6.80 miles and I feel awesome. Yes, my legs are a tad bit tired, but I did it with only mildly sweating and I didn't experience any shortness of breath!!!
  • AWESOME! Funny how many things are actually attributed to MENTAL blocks! Keep up the amazing work!!!! Let us know how much better you feel! Its a total motivation!

[I wish I weren't at work! I'd go hop on the treadmill!]