I am napping a lot

• Ok so I have been in my new lifestyle for about 2 weeks...

My average calorie count is now 1,400 - 1,600 (thanks to the help of you girls!)
    And working out 3 times a week
    And I am getting plenty of sleep

But I am so tired....any thoughts?
  • Are there other stressful things going on in your life right now? It's only been two weeks, so it's possible this is how your body is dealing with the changes right now.
  • Not many. I only have four weeks of school left and my grades are good...

Maybe I should cut all my beloved coffee, green tea and diet coke for awhile and see if that doesn't help.
  • Perhaps it's the foods you're eating to get the calories?
  • All good things...veggies, lean meat, fruit, low-fat dairy...

Grr...this is so frustrating! I picked the boy up at school today at 8:30 and went back to bed until 11:30!
  • Hmm...I found I nap less now that I work out a lot (probably because I have less time ). Do you sleep weird hours? Sometimes during my TOM I turn into an insomniac and won't fall asleep until like 4 of 5am. However, I can sometimes work in a full 7 or 8 hours so technically I shouldn't be tired...but I think sleeping like that disrupts my circadian rhythms and I'm all out of whack so I'm still exhausted.

Do you drink caffeine right before bed? Sometimes that gives me a really restless sleep. I'm one of those people that if I'm "munchy" late at night and have no calories left I'll go make tea or something. If your quality of sleep sucks it doesn't matter how many hours you're getting because they're not "good" hours. Are you staying hydrated?

Do you find that you get really tired during certain times of the day (ie: get really around 3pm) or is it constant? If it's at a certain time of day I'd maybe look at what you're eating a few hours prior. Maybe it's a sugar crash? Maybe you're not getting enough protein in the meal immediately prior.

That's all I got. Haha. Hope that help at least a little bit.
  • On my days off I sometimes find myself napping for long periods of time. This seems to occur right around my TOM, so I wonder if it may be because I get briefly anemic. I should probably take some vitamins or supplements to test out my theory, but I always seem to forget to take them.
  • I used to take a nap every single day, but since I've been eating better and starting to exercise I still nap, but a lot less often. I think it's better to take a nap when you are tired than to be less productive since you are soooo sleepy. If you're tired your body probably needs the extra rest. By the way, I read some where that you burn more calories sleeping than you do vegging on the couch watching tv. Good luck, I'm sure it'll pass.
  • i've definitely been napping more/going to bed earlier probably due to my TOM. massive crampage = sleepy chelsea

and think of it this way, if you're sleeping you won't be eating food! lol that's how i would look at it.
  • Are you sleeping too much? if i get a full 8 hours of sleep a night i am tired all the next day. I feel that for me 5-6 hours is good and im wide awake when i get up in the morning. I dont let myself take naps cause it throws off my sleep schedule then i dont sleep well through the night. Maybe taking less naps and cutting caffeine is a good idea. I cant have any because i have heart problems. The first few weeks were hard cause i got the bad head aches and what not, but i find now that i feel better and have more energy than the coffee drinkers. (mind you its very hard not to drink coffee cause i work in a bakery/cafe/barista place) Good Luck!