Old 04-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #16  
I will do this.

Hahahaha!!!! We do need a dancing eggplant! That would be soo cool!

No, better yet...a dancing artichoke...now who wouldn't want to see that!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

I found a dancing eggplant...no luck on the artichoke. Wow, it's almost finals week and I'm acting like I have nothing to do. Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Eggplant.gif (3.0 KB, 1 views)
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #18  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Taylor- Do you like Asian dishes? If so, I can post Korean eggplant dish, which will go GREAT with rice.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #19  
I will do this.

Florida You just made my night. Yay for the dancing eggplant!!

Tara I love love asian dishes! Please post!! The only thing I won't eat is cooked fish and lima beans... ewww! But I will eat sushi....
Old 04-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Ortho I love me some omelets! I though I do use the whole egg because I believe in the goodness that is within the yoke and will take the fat with the vitamins. I put in lots of veggies...sooooo yummy. I even put in asparagus, broccoli, peppers, onions...anything really!

Every time my boyfriend and I go to the store we look at eggplant..look at it some more...make fun of the funny shape....and put it back. What I want to know is what the heck do you do with this odd veggie? I have eaten it before but it sure looks weird and purple when not cooked....what do I do with an eggplant?
You cut it up and cook it! LOL! Like Tara mentioned, a lot of Asian dishes and Indian dishes feature the eggplant as the main ingredient. Besides eggplant parm or lasagna, I can't think of many American dishes I've seen that have eggplant in it. I just cooked one up during my lunch break today. It was a large one, probably 1 pound. I cut it into cubes, put some salt and pepper on it, and microwaved it for 15 minutes until it started getting mushy. Now for the rest of the week, I'll scoop some into a bowl with a few more random seasonings (like garlic and a drizzle of olive oil) and microwave for a few more minutes and eat it. I might save some and put it on a veggie pizza. Or I could stirfry it with some onions. I could mash it up with a potato and then stirfry it with the onions. I have an Indian recipe that I love where you mix it up with yogurt but I don't have time to make that right now. You can also cut it into slices and grill or broil it, so good! My mom has a great healthy broil recipe, I'll try and post that when I get it. So many options, it's my favorite vegetable!
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #21  
Can't wait till 170

Okay. there are couple different ways...but here's one that's not spicy and healthier one.(I translated it so it may not sound "perfect" but if you have any questions, just let me know.)
Steam the eggplant until tender.
Squeeze the steamed eggplant to get the moisture out using hand.
Tear the eggplant into long strips.(you don't have to peel)
Toss the eggplant with 1 tsp sesame oil, chopped up scallions, 1 tbsp soy sauce, minced garlic, tad bit of sugar.
Taste first and then add salt.

I know the measuring is not really clear but it depends on how big eggplant is and you can't really go wrong. You can start with just little bit of soy sauce and sesame oil and then start adding to your taste. Same thing with garlic. When I cook Asian dishes, I never use measuring cups or spoons...which is why I can't really make it clear on that. Also, if you like spicy stuff, you can just put cayenne powder. Let me know how you like it.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-14-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #22  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

my love of eggplants can't help but to make me jump in here!

usually at my house we keep the eggplant eating pretty simple. we cut it into round slices (about 1/4 of an inch thick), drizzle it with some olive oil, sprinkle on a little bit of parmesan cheese, and throw it on the grill for a couple of minutes--and viola! one of the best summer-y veggies ever!

and florida i totally get what you're saying about finals week...i should be writing an anthro paper but instead you guys have me dreaming of eggplants!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree with everyone I should be working on my evidence practice exam and instead here I am. Oh well.

I am so sore from the gym my legs are killing me. Any suggestions???

Taylor – I find that if I use the recumbent bike it hurts my but less and it hurts my back less. Maybe that would work better for you. Good job at the gym. As for your eggplant questions, I was the same way until I finally bought one. Hungry girl has a great low fat eggplant parm which is really good. I think I’m going to try and make rattatui (spelling??) this summer.

Orthodiva – I just keep telling myself only three more weeks and finals are over. Look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Everyone – thanks for sharing the eggplant dishes . . .
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #24  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm in a slump right now my weights at a standstill 2 months now and i feel like crud today, i started to get a sore throat yesterday and my eyes hurt a sinus infection cant be far off.
i've started looking for a parttime job so we can move out of mils house and its only tuesday so no calls back yet i prolly wont get any either and if i'm sick i wont even bother to set an interview up lol
the babys getting sick too and his bday is next weekend
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #25  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Well my first day back went ok I guess. I worked out at the gym which felt awesome to get back to, but then at night I kinda had a little bit of an eating spree. Agh! But I believe the path to sucess is paved with forgiveness, and so today I choose to forgive myself and continue moving forward. I think it was due to the fact that I was being really repressive during the day and then at night my stomach still wasnt satisfied so it reached for the junk. Today I am going to try to give myself little treats and healthy snacks along the way to prevent that.

Hope everyone's day is going well
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #26  

Just wanted to check in, I’m just treading water trying to survive the marathon finals session. Only three more weeks. I’m so sore today, I’m debating not going to the gym, I don’t want to hurt myself. I guess I’ll see how I feel later tonight.

Lissa – sorry you are getting sick and stuck in a slump. I know what you mean about getting stuck in a slump I’ve been in one too. I’m trying to kick my butt into high gear. Good luck on the job hunt.

Glitter – Good attitude. Just keep sticking with it, it is hard getting back into the grove of things.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #27  
I will do this.

Hi everybody!

Had a great workout with my trainer today! I am using machines that I though would only make me scream and run away. And today I did push ups in the air (hard to explain but boy where they hard ) and boxing again.

Went to the store...again...past up eggplant. I promise I will get one next time. I did, however, buy an artichoke which I will boil with garlic and basil and then eat with that 0 calorie butter spray. I am really looking forward to that.

So thats two days in a row I have made it to the gym and with my trainer again on thursday I will have made my goal of three times. I am hoping to make it again this weekend but I am still thrilled I made my goal already.

Someone told me to try diet sunkiss and I bought some today and it sure is tasty...don't remember who...but thanks!

Remember I know about finals. Mine are in May I am so not looking forward to that.

Glitter I buy carmel mini rice cakes and seems to help with the sweet tooth. Only 70 calories for 8 (Or something like that) Keep on truckin!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #28  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post

Went to the store...again...past up eggplant. I promise I will get one next time. I did, however, buy an artichoke which I will boil with garlic and basil and then eat with that 0 calorie butter spray. I am really looking forward to that.

Artichoke..I've never had it. I might get some next time I go to a store and try your recipe, Taylor. =)
Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #29  

I buy the prequarted artichokes (in water) and add them to pasta or salads. . . so yummy.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Good morning ladies!
I kind of disappeared this weekend. There's an awesome reason for it! I got to see my hubby in Mississippi Sunday!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!! He's so hot! I guess I didn't think about it much when he was here. Sigh...he's gorgeous. Anyway, we were able to sneak him and my friends hubby off post for a few hours. It was nice to see him for a bit.
I weighed in this morning and I'm down to 173! Yay! I haven't seen that number since the end of my 2nd trimester of my pregnancy. I'm so excited! I figured with the way I ate this weekend that I would have gone up a pound or two. I'm so glad I didn't. I'm still pushing for 167 by May first. I hope I can make it. That would be so amazing!
I will come back later today to reply to everyone but I've got to get my daughter doing something constructive. She's watching disney right now...sigh...
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote