Cheesecake vs. orange

• Ok, I know this is a silly post....

But my poor boyfriend wanted cheesecake last night and bought himself 2 pieces. (Which he can eat...skinny bugger) One of which is in the fridge.

So I am sitting here after my workout eating an orange.

That cheesecake is calling my name and it will not win.

Taylor: 1
    Cheesecake: 0
  • I definitely know what you're dealing with. on choosing the orange! That cheesecake may taste good..... but all that milk, fat, and sugar sure won't feel good sitting in your stomach later. And an orange is so much more nutritionally powerful than a stupid ol' piece of cheesecake.

Besides, I happen to think oranges are pretty awesome, and a totally viable cheesecake substitution
  • way to show that cheesecake who's the boss!
  • good for you! looks like in a fight the orange would win after all!
  • Way to go. Fight the urge.....booo for cheesecake. Way to go for you!!
  • I'm liking the will power...GOOD JOB! And I know how that feels. My boyfriend always eats whatever and sometimes leaves junk food around the house. I hate it because it is SOOO tempting, but I have been resisting. My son's birthday party was on Saturday and we still have some left over cake and 3 gallons of different kinds of icecream in the freezer! I need to pawn those off fast before they get the best of me.
  • A friend gave me a whole cheesecake for Valentine's day. Man, I looove cheesecake. But after I had a slice, I realized it really wasn't as good as I remembered it. Guilt does not taste good!
  • Congrats on the will power! Orange trumps cheescake!
  • The cheesecake fought Taylor and Taylor won!

I'm just wondering, why did he have to buy the second uneaten slice and leave it in the fridge tempting and taunting you?
  • i won a fight against cheese cake last week, was 300 calories, my co-worker (fellow dieter) gave it to me, so I just put it in someone else's inbox at work, LOL!
  • I know what you mean! We have a huge container of cheesecake squares in the fridge (ohh my weakness..) and yesterday I got so fed up I shoved them in the far back because they kept starring at me.
  • I'm going to go against the pack and say that if you seriously want a piece of cheesecake to just eat it. Sit down, eat it slowly and enjoy it. One piece of cheesecake is not going to make you gain 10 pounds. Obsessing about not eating it all day, until you can't take it anymore and binging will (your obviously tempted enough to make a post about it). One of the biggest keys to weight loss is not labeling foods as "bad" and making them off limits forever, which just leads to binging. Successful weight loss strategies involve lifestyle changes and you probably are not going to go your whole life without eating cheesecake again. It's not about white knuckleing not eating the foods you want to for a period of time and loosing weight.
  • And I totally agree with you!!!

However, I am at the stage right now that I even have one piece that will trigger a binge for me. What I didn't mention is that the night he bought the cheese cake I did enjoy a skinny cow ice cream sandwich and took my time with it and enjoyed it.

I know that eating a piece of cheesecake for me right now will let my brain will say "Well, you screwed up that day...might as well eat whatever you want and start over tomorrow".....and the next day comes...and the next day comes....and my last "next day" was April 1st 2008.

I know that I will come to the point where I can eat one piece of cheesecake and enjoy it and move on...but I am not there yet.