3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   if only... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/139204-if-only.html)

OnceUponADrive 04-07-2008 05:19 PM

if only...

You know, I think it would be much easier for me to stick to a strict diet and exercise plan if someone could show me a photo of how I could potentially look after losing the weight. Sometimes I wonder how much weight my body will ACTUALLY let me lose, since it seems pretty resistant most of the time. Can someone just snap a future photo for me? It would really help me a long. Thanks. ;)

sweettart08 04-07-2008 05:44 PM

I just wanted to say that I totally know what you mean! That would be AWESOME!!! In fact, as embaressing as it is, that's what I do while I'm running.....try to visualize myself wearing something super cute this summer :) We are the same height, and have the same starting weight...I have to tell you, I lost my first 10 lbs without even noticing (I didn't have a scale, and it wasn't anything I could see when I looked in the mirror). I've lost another 11 lbs since then, and I can DEFINITELY tell...not only looking in the mirror, but I've gone down a size and I feel soooooo much better....

You'll get there...if you are feeling discouraged, try to think about JUST 10 MORE LBS (or 5 more...whatever...). Don't worry about your final goal for now. I've had to let that number go too....even if I never get there, I am feeling better and better with every pound that I DO lose!!!

But if I figure out how to take photos of the future...I'll totally let ya know ;)

LittleMoonRabbit 04-07-2008 06:15 PM

go to weightview.com. They can digitally alter your photo to a specified goal weight. It's not perfect... but for free, it's still a good deal. I got mine done a while back. Try it out :)

jayohwhy 04-07-2008 06:18 PM

you can do it! i get like this too sometimes, and its horrible, but you know that its worth it.

you can do anything you set your mind to!

Taylor86 04-07-2008 06:18 PM

How about a magic wand so I could magically be a size 4 and eat whatever I wanted?:wizard:

Although, I suppose that would be the easy way out and I would never learn anything or discover how truly strong I am...inside and out.

:dust:

beegoss 04-07-2008 06:26 PM

to the OP:
I have the exact same feeling as well! I sometimes blame my bone structure or blame where my body stores more fat. But then, I realize that my parents are both pretty lean and that if I was really their child, then my legs should be about the same size as theirs. I don't know, I think parents are pretty good indicators of how their children's bodies turn out (I'm talking about the genetic makeup).
Also, I hear and see stories of very overweight individuals being able to take off the pounds to reveal and smaller body. And that's when I realize that me and my body must also be capable.

stacyann5500 04-07-2008 07:12 PM

I am right there with all of you!!!! I am also the same height, starting weight....If this makes any since I just don't know what I look like at my present weigh...I find that going to forum for "goal met" helps a lot. They all have before and after pics and I have found many with our same stats...It really motivated me...

Much luck to us all!
ONE week tomorrow Yeah/I am going to weigh in first hting in the AM...

irishfairy 04-07-2008 08:34 PM

I have never been thin so I have no idea what me at 130 will look like...I wish I could know...

Taylor86 04-07-2008 08:57 PM

Oh you will, honey, you will know.

And so will we all if we "just keep swimming!"

shrinkinglizzy 04-07-2008 09:01 PM

hey, i have plenty of pics of the skinny me (120 lbs). It doesn't help.

just keep swimming 04-07-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor86 (Post 2138740)
Oh you will, honey, you will know.

And so will we all if we "just keep swimming!"

I agree with Taylor. Obviously. ;) :lol:

Taylor86 04-07-2008 10:11 PM

Hahaha

I was totally thinking about you when I wrote that. teehee
:D

just keep swimming 04-08-2008 12:14 AM

:D I thought it might be too much of a coincidence...

I've never been skinny, but I have certainly been thinner, and those pictures are a motivation, I guess, but they don't really make it any easier! :)

taragettingthin 04-08-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweettart08 (Post 2138463)
In fact, as embaressing as it is, that's what I do while I'm running.....try to visualize myself wearing something super cute this summer :)

I don't think that's embarassing at all!!! I do it all the time and I think it actually motivates us. To visualize what we would look like when we are XXX lbs less. =)

taragettingthin 04-08-2008 01:01 AM

I have a picture of me when I was pregnant and going through morning sickness. That was about 30 lbs lighter than now... so I think of that picture. However, I wish I could see what I would look like at 130.. I don't even remember when I weighed 130.. I think I weighed about 140lbs when I was 6th grade.. whew... :(