Old 04-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #16  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Oh, I love coffee too!

Now, this isn't about me and my bad habit...just a little thread of those who like diet coke. That's all.

I am not addicted nor dependent upon diet coke, but rather something I enjoy instead of snickers.

Oh dear... Snickers sounds so good right now for some reason, although I'm not really chocolate eater. Everytime their commercial is on, I feel like running to 7-11 and grab one...and right now, there's a vending machine right in the lunch room, which is only about 10 steps away from where I am. Ahhh I should go grab some water and kill that craving.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #17  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

taylor dont wont worry im a diet coke addict to i would go through a 2liter n a half a day! and i always said i would never cut back or stop it and guess what after i started this diet program with my dr i went cold turkey! he told me that when you drink it your taste buds send a signal to your brain saying your taking in sugar so start producing insulin! so guess what cold turkey n im not going to lie it was/is really hard! major headaches from caffeine withdrawls, and today at the youth fair i had some diet coke not even alot and i got so sick! but i wish you luck i know its hard
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #18  
I will do this.

I am not trying to quit lol. I love my diet coke!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #19  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Me neither, Taylor. But I am trying to think of it as more of a treat rather than, like, a staple of my diet or a substitute for water like I used to.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

I used to feel the same way about Diet Dr. Pepper. Mmmm that stuff could substitute for any candy bar at the gas station for me. It always paired well with 2 slices of pizza from the local NYC pizza joint.

In addition the the daily Diet Dr. Pepper, I was having at least 1 - 2 cups of coffee a day at work too. I didn't think I was addicted until one Saturday I didn't drink either liquid and boy did I have a nasty headache on Sunday.

Too much soda (diet or regular) can cause tooth decay. It's due to all the acid in the soda dissolving away the enamel.

Eventually I weaned myself off the diet soda by switching to seltzer and sparkling water to get the satisfaction of carbonation.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #21  
I will do this.

I like tonic water with gin....does that count? (Or I did until I switch to bacardi and diet coke....I miss my gin!)
Old 04-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #22  

I don't know about you guys, but I find that the healthier I eat the more diet soda/coffe/sugar free gum I consume. For me this is fine since I have nothing against artificial sweetners.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #23  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
All of this begs the question: Is it safe to be addicted to Diet Coke?

We have no idea. All we know is it tastes great and is better than heroin.
haha! very true!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #24  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I too love my diet sodas. I'll take diet coke, diet pepsi (my fave), diet dr pepper (to change things up) and particularly diet sunkist (for when I'm feeling wild and crazy). Never say no to diet root beer and love that eery yellow green of diet dew. Feeling citrus? How about fresca or diet sprite?

Now, I know it can't be so great for my body... and possibly even bad.... but what can I say? Who can turn her nose up at a calorie free yum which promises a boost??!

Actually, in light of all recent studies and discussions re: diet colas, I have cut back. I find as I try to increase my water intake, my soda intake decreases... go figure!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
However, I have read that diet coke drinkers can consume more than 500 extra calories because it can make you crave snacks.
I think the operative word here is "can." I gave up regular soda in favor of diet and am now consuming about 1000 calories LESS per day than I had been, so I can't say it has had that effect on me.

I prefer diet Dr Pepper though.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #26  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

LOL! Better than heroin! I love that!
Luckily, I have never been one for much soda = though I do have the occassional diet soda as a treat...
But lately, I have gotten into mixing Seltzer water with a lot of stuff... I add a splash of juice to it for when I crave a bubbly drink. I add it to wine to cut back on the calories and alcohol. I add it to my mixed drinks for the same reason...

I do have to say, though, I could go for a G&T right now!! To me they are such great summer time drinks! Light tasting and refreshing!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #27  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I for one love my diet sodas and I don't see anything wrong with having em, keeps me in line diet-wise too! Just my thought, I know some people believe they're harmful. I figure its better than some sort of artery-clogging food I might otherwise have inhaled if not distracted by bubbly goodness. There are plenty of people who blame it for their health issues, but I think a lot of times people distrust some things that don't seem natural and if anything bad happens they put the blame there when it might be totally unrelated. Like those memory-foam mattresses....people blame a whole bunch of different illnesses on sleeping on those, I stumbled on a site once with a long list of complaints. And yet millions of others have them and are just fine. Just like aspartame. Caffeine is the same way for that matter, theres been debate for years whether its harmful or not. I just know that I love it Unless you're one of the whole-food nuts, chances are you're consuming something that someone thinks is no good. You just gotta go with what works for you. I'll stop babbling now.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'5

I'm a big coke zero drinker, unfortunately.
beegoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #29  
I will do this.

Woo-hoo!

Go diet drinkers go!

I wanna find some of that diet sunkiss!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #30  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

For me the hard to reduce drink was gingre ale. Now it is a treat that I enjoy once or twice a month.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote