3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Hello, everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/138939-hello-everyone.html)

OolongFormosa 04-04-2008 04:33 AM

Hello, everyone

hello :)

My name is Nikolina, I'm 21, and I really want to be normal weight and healthy:)
I started calorie counting, and I think it really works, at least for me. I've never been thin in my life. I was a fat baby, a fat child, a fat girl, but I really don't want to be a fat woman. I feel like now is the time for me to start a new and healthy lifestyle.
My life is near perfect. I live with my boyfriend who is really supportive and loves me for who I am and not for what I look like (although he says I'm hot:o , which I can't understand, but I'm not complaining :D ). I started to be seriously aware of my weight problem about a year now, but I really didn't do much about it. I wanted to eat healthy food, but without knowing what amount of calories which food has, I failed, of course. And on top of it all, this Christmas I gained additional 5 kilos (11 pounds), and it was decided, I have to do something, and do it NOW. But still, I had no idea how to do it. I mean, I could exercise, but without managing calorie intake, it's still nothing.
But one day, innocently browsing internet I found this forum and everything changed :hug:
It was about a month ago and now I limited my calorie intake to 1800, next week I'll start to exercise, and I feel overall better:)

I would really like to make friends here because here I feel like I'm not the only person with weight problem:)

So...Hello:)

cinderpa 04-04-2008 10:01 AM

Hi Nikolina and welcome! I also have struggled with my weight for a number of years and like you I am blessed with a husband who does not care how much I weigh and still thinks I'm hot :carrot: I also stumbled across this site recently and I'll tell you, when I start to feel a little discouraged, I come onto the site and get renewed determination. I really feel I can do it this time and I hope you feel the same way.This is a really great site for support. Once again welcome and good luck along your journey.:)
Cindy

tiggy123 04-04-2008 10:09 AM

Hello Nikolina, and a very warm welcome! I wish you all the best!

bargoo 04-04-2008 10:13 AM

Welcome and good luck ! You have come to the right place.

Lovely 04-04-2008 10:38 AM

Hi there :D

:wel3fc:

We're all here to support you!

:grouphug:

Best of success!!!

LittleMoonRabbit 04-04-2008 12:55 PM

Hi there! Look around, post often, ask questions and share all your successes, big and small! This is a great place- We are happy to have you here!

:welcome:

irishfairy 04-04-2008 01:01 PM

I don't post much on this forum I post mostly in cal counters but WELCOME :)

OolongFormosa 04-04-2008 01:20 PM

Thank you guys for warm welcome:hug:

I feel like with your help I'm going to succed to lose weight and look good :carrot:

I really feel good now:grouphug:

just keep swimming 04-04-2008 03:15 PM

Hi, Nikolina (what a pretty name, by the way)!

Welcome to 3FC! You're gonna love it. I'm also 21 and pretty new here.

Keep up the good work!

suitejudyblueeyes 04-04-2008 03:23 PM

Welcome Nikolina! I know what you mean about always being overweight, how exciting it's going to be to lose this lifelong baggage! :D

shrinkinglizzy 04-04-2008 05:30 PM

you've come to the right place!
:welcome2:

OolongFormosa 04-04-2008 05:57 PM

thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times thank you:hug:

it's so nice to actually have someone to talk to about dieting and losing weight and not to have the other person say to me how it's silly and that I look nice the way I am even if I don't:(

I feel like for me this will be a start of great socializing even if it is virtual:)

btw. Oolong is a type of tea I like the most:cofdate:

I'm a tea freak:D