Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm thinking the weekly chat has gone dry! LOL!!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Seems like it! remember when we were debating on breaking it up to dailies because it was so busy??
i have to admit, i have been straying from the 20-somethings thread, spendning more time on the WW thread...i'm sorry, so sorry!! only so much time in the day!
miss you all, though!!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

wow, just read some of the posts i've missed, and it looks like everyone is doing SO WELL!! you all are dropping weight like flies (?)

maybe there's just no time to post because you're at the gym...where I'm headed...
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

I've obviously slunk off to other places too, I'm not helping the quiet around here! Glad to hear you guys are doing well!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #35  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi all! This is my first 20-something chat. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and keep up the great work!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #36  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i think i found my solution to snacking lol, i got my south beach living sample kit the other day in the mail(like 4 months after i requested it) and i like the granola that was in it so i went out and got 2 boxes of it and the drink powder so hopefully i can shake off a little bit of weight that keeps clinging to my butt.
i didnt do so great for dinner the other night cause i ate 3/4 a medium cheese pizza and a side salad. it was worth it cause thats it for a while i think since the junk food ran out i feel better than i did when there was junk food and now that i have my snacks i can eat better. i'm still not to the point i can plan my meals but the better choice is always there( mil asked if i wanted a burger for lunch i said no i have stuff in the fridge, tho i had a handful of chips and 3 tater wedges with my sandwich. )
urg hubbys home gotta deal with his crap now
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Ah yeah it is kindof strange how the threads pick up and slow down again (or really the forum as a whole). Give it time people will become re-invergrated. Normally there is a burst around the new year then it slumps but then I think it picks up a bit again during the summer when life slows down for a lot of people.

I've been in Miami my intership since tuesday. I did much better this time eating I really tried to limit my portion sizes, it is hard when you are eating out 3 meals a day for 5 days. My big problem was breakfast and the pasteries at the hotel. Well as I said I surivied, I'm up to about 170 but I think it is a lot of water weight, I normally pick up a bunch from flying, I'm starting my TOM week, and I didn't drink enough in Miami.

Well I have been debating all morning and I think I am going to go to the gym.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #38  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Weee, I"m back!

My bra snapped, sot I had to get new bras. I got two new bras....smaller than what I used to buy! YAY! I'm at least in a more "common" bra size!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

It's funny because I'm in like the smallest bra you can get at lane bryant (it's actually the only thing i still can get there) but I resist trying to find another bra because I like their style and fit, I don't know what I am going to do when I drop another size.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #40  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Well, I'm still somewhat of a newbie around here...

I went out with my friends last night to a bar...and usually when I go out to a bar, I have to sit down because my lower back hurts bad. However, I had no problem standing around and it didn't bother my back at all. Tomorrow is a month since I started working out and although I don't know how much inch/lbs I have lost so far, I can def tell that I'm stronger and feeling a lot better, which is great! ! !
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #41  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

artsnsmarts,

I know that feeling of things getting crazy. I have final next week, an assignment to be done by tomorrow, and I'm at work right now...gotta do weekly report... Whew... I can't wait till the final is over, though...because I will have only one more class left to go till summer and I'm done with school.....till fall, at least.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-06-2008 at 10:59 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #42  
I will do this.

Hi!

This is my first weekly chat! You all seem to be doing so well!

My first week of my new life-style past a few days ago. I haven't weight myself yet (due to the fact I don't own a scale and I am a little scared) but I have noticed a change in my skin (it's clearing up) and my energy has gone up.

I also enjoy the fact I seem to be eating more (which I am not) because I have cut my meals up into sections of little snacks. It helps me feel satisfied that I can eat every few hours.

My water has been bad so that's something I know I can improve on.

I also haven't gone to the gym on my own (although I do see a personal trainer twice a week) because I hate looking at the "skinny girls" in my apartment complex....but I also promised myself that in the first month if I only see my personal trainer I won't beat myself up for not going to the gym. (Not an excuse - but I tend to push myself too hard and then give up when I don't wake up in the morning looking like Catherine Zeta Jones so I am taking it a step at a time)

My after dinner snacking also seems to be getting better. I haven't kicked the habit yet, but instead of ice cream and chips its 100 calorie popcorn or WW 0 point soup. Any suggestions for kicking the habit? Esp. when studying at the kitchen table for hours on end?

I am sending you all great vibes for the up-coming week!

Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- take the steps as YOU NEED to take them. If right now, all you can do is hit the gym with the trainer, that's great!! You don't need to make every single change all at once, in fact, I think it's been proven that slower sometimes works better. Maybe ask your trainer if s/he can give you a SPECIFIC plan to follow when you're at the gym alone? That way you'll stick to that and not go too overboard, ya know? Also, taking pictures can really help you see results, as can doing measurements. Because ya know what? You won't look like C Z-J tomorrow...but neither will I and neither will anyone.....except C Z-J. But you CAN become a healthier version of you (who would also happen to be a smaller size).

AND -- the skin clearing up and feeling better is a GREAT NSV!! I'm sure you'll just continue to feel better as you enjoy your new, healthier habits. And I love the weekly thread too. Whenever I'm feeling crappy I always pop in here and someone has said something nice or encouraging. Even if it's not to me, I feel like everyone is helping everybody out and it's great!! WELCOME!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #44  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Heyoos. Just dropping in to say hiya. I found out yesterday that one of the people I knew passed away on Friday, I'm heading off to her funeral today.

Have a great day, y'all.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote