Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!
I know I've gotten kind of sporadic with my postings. I've hit a slump in weight loss efforts. DH was getting ready for deployment and I didn't really feel motivated to do anything. Didn't really gain much, though. As of yesterday morning I'm now below my pre-vacation weight back in Feb. At the beginning of Feb I got down to 176.8 and I'm now 176.0! Yay! My food portions are smaller now and I'm eating better selections of food. It's been a week now since DH left for training. Sigh....I know everyone thinks I'm strong enough to deal with this but it sure is freakin' hard! I'm considering getting some type of antidepressant. I'll give it a couple more weeks. I don't want to jump to conclusions to say that I need it. I don't like medication anyway so I don't take it if I can help it. What do you guys think? I guess I just don't feel strong right now. I really don't want to do this. I have no choice really, though.

lizzy: I just saw your ticker!! You go girl!!! I can't wait to get that close to my goal.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 04-01-2008 at 10:05 AM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #17  

Is it Tuesday already? Oh gods, where did the weekend go? OK

Cookie, I hope you're feeling better. I can remember having my wisdom teeth out. Hurt like all holy heck.

Remember- The weather in new england is not much better. The snow is gone, but it;s been raining for DAYS. I'm getting out the ark building kit tomorrow.

Erika, Yay! Good going..

Griff-Sorry you've got to move so quickly. I've done it, and it bites, but it can be done!

Shorty-Ace on the LA diet. I've heard of it, but not read up on it. let me know how it's working for ya?

Star-*hugs*

Phant-Hope you are feeling better!

Alexis-Welcome!

Shrink- Good luck on the 5k!

And hope everyone else had a good weekend.

I had a wicked cold last week, turned out to be a sinus infection, so now I'm on mega antibiotics. On the good news front, I had a phone interview monday, and have a follow up interview thursday in Boston. I also have one friday as well, so hopefully a job will come from one of those! I'm also off to yoga tonight, and have started the yoga teacher training program at the studio I go to. So things are looking up at last. Now, all I need to do is file Pete's visa application!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #18  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

Heya! Well, I found out that over the weekend I had gained 1.5 pounds... That teachs me to go on a drinking binge LOL! So I was feeling pretty guilty about it and went to the Y last night.. I usually do 30 mins cardio and then my weight lifting- but last night I did 1 hr on the bike, 5 mins on the elliptical and like 30 mins weight lifting. I felt soooo tired but good after that!!! Anywayz, I'm off... will keep you updated!!!

:c arrot:
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I haven't been around in a little bit -- this week is PSYCHO with school for me: test/paper/project EVERY SINGLE DAY plus 5 hours of rehearsal 6 days...it's getting crazy. I haven't been to the gym in a while, but I think I'm still losing weight, at least I feel like I am. I don't want to get too happy about it, though, until I see the numbers.

I'm thinking my mini-goal might be a little ambitious and that I might have to revise it, but I'll see once I'm back on the scale.

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but HappyMomma -- being strong doesn't mean that it's easy. It just means that you're able to keep going with your life when it's hard! I'm sure there isn't a single person who thinks that you don't miss your husband, want him home, and are in pain with him being gone, we're just all amazed at how you get through it! Make sure to get a realllllllllly good evaluation before you go on any medication, as it deals with chemicals in your brain and have pretty sketchy side effects if you don't need them.

Gotta run to rehearsal...and have a BIG immunology test tomorrow that I'm realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly nervous for......so hopefully it'll go well. I'll start posting regularly again ASAP once things calm down -- I miss you ladies!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Whoosh, this week is going by fast. It's already Wed where I am...
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I weighed in a bit lower this morning, but it's probably more due to being sick than actual effort. I'm sitting at the computer and have just plowed through 3 servings of pretzels (!) Time to get off my rump and go do yoga/cardio!

Happy morning, all!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #21  

arts: thanks for the encouragement and advice. I definitely won't get on any meds unless I really need them. I think in the back of my mind yesterday I want an easy way out of these feelings.

alexis: way to go on the loss! Even if it was like half a pound, it's still something!

So I weighed in at 176.8 this morning. I'm not thinking too much of it though because I think it has a lot to do with the salt ridden meatloaf my m-i-l made last night. I'm not going to be rude and not eat anything she makes so I just had the meatloaf and green beans. I had just a smidge of okra. I can tell that I don't use nearly as much salt as she does so I'm sure that had something to do with it. My mom came over last night to help me make a list of things that need to be done in order for my house to be completed. It really sucks that we're having to finish all of this up ourselves. Sigh....you live and learn...
Has anyone tried stevia? I had some in my coffee this morning and it tasted kind of weird. a little bitter maybe?
Well, I'm off to start my day. I plan on doing advanced pilates this afternoon. we'll see how it goes. LOL
Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Hey all! First time poster to the 20-somethings here!

Ooooo ooo ooo!!! All the posts about wisdom teeth are sending me into flashbacks! I got dry sockets and the dentist had to take my stitches out with no pain killers! Then he packed them with clove oil soaked gauze. It's been ten years and still every time I taste cloves I have a bad flashback. BLEH! I feel for you!

HappyMomma...what's up w/ your house? (Being new, I haven't heard about it.) I'm up to my ears in remodeling my kitchen because I bought a lemon of a house. I have to say, I kind of wish I were still renting.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #23  

lili: sounds like we bought the same house. LOL!! We had a "contractor" do an addition to our house and some remodeling. Well, he disappeared way back in August. Now we're having to finish what he started and realizing how much of a mess he made. I really just want to get the house decent so we can sell it. It seems like everything in this house was done "half a**"
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #24  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm trying to get back on track now that the junk food is gone, i found a snack i like that i'm gonna get tomorrow.
this week hasnt been the greatest i'm trying to get started with MK and have yet to find a customer and dh isnt helping me at all(rolling eyes it doesnt suprise me anyway)
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #25  

Height: 5'

So I had kind of a sucky week last week. I didn't lose any weight, so I was kind of upset about that. I think last week I worked out 5 times (which isn't too bad), but my eating probably wasn't the best. On Easter we went out to Brunch so I had quite a bit of food. Then Saturday I went to a Signature Home party and there was lots of food there and I ate a good amount and still ate more when I got home. I was a little mad at myself, but I am back on track this week. I mean it was really only those 2 days, but that can make all the difference. Before if I got off track a day that would be it and I would begin to eat whatever I wanted, but now I try not let it phase me and eat healthy the next day.

Saturday is my son's 6th birthday party, so there is another obstacle. I am having my family over and ordering a pizza, BUT I thought I would make one pizza myself...a healthy one. I will buy whole wheat dough, light pizza sauce, and low fat cheese. Then I am going to top it with tons of veggies: tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, and bell peppers. And that is the pizza I will eat. I will also put out a veggie tray with fat free dip and I will stick to the healthy choices.

Then Sunday I have to go to a first communion with a party afterward, so what does that mean...MORE FOOD. I hate always being surrounded by temptations. I am so bad a giving in, and that is why I never keep tempting foods in my house. I will try my best though.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #26  

Sar -- GREAT idea with the pizza!! That way you won't feel as much like you're missing out

Happy Momma -- so glad you did a little self-eval on the depression meds. It would be great to have an easy way out, but not at the expense that it might be with meds. Keep up with the pilates -- exercise releases the endorphins that make you feel better about EVERYTHING.

I'm about to head to the gym for the first time in about a week. I just got a HUGE immunology test out of the way, and that was taking A LOT of time...and I don't have rehearsal until 9:30 tonight, so I've got TIME! YESSSSSS. Also, the gym is the only place I weigh myself, so I'm interested to see what's going on scale-wise...

A little NSV -- I was meeting my boyfriend yesterday, and when I got off the train and was crossing the street, he said he didn't even recognize me! He said that he was expecting to see the me he's used to seeing (aka heavier me) but and that he didn't even notice that it was me! That might be a weird NSV, but it was great
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #27  

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Just got back from the gym...weighed myself there....was prepared for the worst......

AND IM DOWN ANOTHER 2 POUNDS!!! Which means 2 things:

1 - I've lost 20 lbs. Woohoo!
2 - I'm at 200....meaning.....I'm almost in ONEderland!!! GAH!

Now time to update my tickers.....
Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #28  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

wooohoooo one-derland is around the corner for ya hun!
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #29  

Hope everyone has been having a great week. I can't believe it's almost Thursday! Then again when you've been on pain killers all week (oh wisdom teeth...) time flies.

So not eating the past couple of days (oh wisdom teeth again...) has helped me dropped some more weight. I've now gotten to the point where I'm at a weight I am happy with. The problem is, now what? I mean I spend so much time focusing on how to lose weight that I don't know what else to do. At the same time, I'm think all that work and I don't really feel any different. It's kind of crazy when I think about it...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #30  

so far it seems like everyone is doing well for the week! Got on the scale before lunch. (Just got home from moms) I'm down to 174!!!! This is below my breastfeeding weight! Which up until now was the lowest I've been since my dd was born 3 years ago May 30th!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!

arts: thanks for the motivation, girl! It really helps to hear people encourage you along. High five for the 2lb loss!! Thats awesome!

sassy: you keep it up! Even though you didn't do so hot those two days, at least it was 2 days. You didn't give up! It will come down!!

cookie: maybe you don't feel any different now because of the teeth thing. Maybe you should keep with the exercise and you'll start to feel different. you don't have to focus ALL your attention on the weight loss area, but maybe transfer that attention to keeping it there and the fitness side of things.