3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   3/28/08: new and looking for buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/138318-3-28-08-new-looking-buddies.html)

jayohwhy 03-28-2008 04:27 PM

3/28/08: new and looking for buddies!

Hi! i'm a 22 year old future teacher from l.a. i've decided to take control of my life, because i realized that i was using my weight as a safety blanket for not taking any risks!

i started lindora on 3/14/08 and have lost 15 since. My long term goal is to lose 100. i'm not really setting a time schedule for myself, as long as i don't cheat. i've started plans before and cheated and then have just given up!

anyone else starting around now? let's be buddies! we can post mini-updates here just to keep eachother going!
:D

i hate feeling like i'm doing this alone, and i figure you guys might feel the same way.

cephalopod gal 03-28-2008 05:24 PM

Welcome! I got super excited that you started on Pi Day... haha. I'm a dork. Anyways.

I'm sure you'll love it here. I visit this site as much as I check my email!! There's so much support, and I've learned a lot about taking care of myself here. I hope you will too!!

:)

smilingk79 03-28-2008 05:40 PM

:welcome2: I also just started and this site has been very helpful. So many great people and really inspiring stories. I have a long way to go but I know I'll be able to do it and so will you. Hit me up if you ever need to chat!!

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::dust::goodluck::goo dluck::goodluck:

Osteengal 03-28-2008 06:18 PM

What is Lindora

I'm curious--and I hope I am spelling this correctly--What is Lindora?

shrinkingchica 03-28-2008 09:13 PM

Welcome! :)

JulieRN 03-28-2008 09:32 PM

Welcome! I was curious about what Lindora was too! :)

dandk0204 03-28-2008 11:24 PM

Welcome!! You will LOVE it here :)

kisskiss 03-29-2008 12:50 AM

Welcome Jayohwhy! I'm 21 college student, possible future teacher.
for those who are asking, I think Lindora is like a program that helps you lose weight. I think theyre only located in some states like here in California?? I think they measure you, weigh you, all that good stuff, and then set you up on a diet plan and follow your progress. Again, this is what I think it Lindora is from the commercials I see, but Im not positive.

jayohwhy 03-29-2008 02:34 AM

hi all!

yeah, lindora one of those "medical weight loss" groups that exist here in southern california. what they do is that they start you on their diet using ketosis for weight loss [similar to atkins, but instead of no carb, it's low carb, low cal]. they have their own diet regiment and then they have these sticks that you pee on to see if you are in ketosis [i.e. burning fat].

jayohwhy 03-30-2008 01:16 AM

oy.

today is day 15 and despite good results, i'm getting restless. its like i want it all right now and it's not coming. ugh!

kwoodslim 03-30-2008 02:36 AM

I know how you feel. I get so impatient sometimes but I just try to remember that as long as I keep eating on plan and exercising the weight will fall off!

jayohwhy 03-31-2008 05:44 PM

weighed in today, and am down 2 since the weekend, leaving me to have lost 17 lbs in three weeks..

how are all you guys' diets going?

Hischild777 03-31-2008 09:12 PM

I'm starting today!

I am looking for friends too! I want to lose 50 pounds. I know that encouragement is very helpful in the very hard challenge! I am here for you buddy!

jayohwhy 04-01-2008 12:19 AM

aww, you guys are great..

hi hischild! how are things going with you?

Hischild777 04-01-2008 04:57 PM

I am blessed! Today is day 2, going great! How is your day?

jayohwhy 04-01-2008 06:10 PM

it's good! today is day 22, and i'm just trying to keep going. my kitchen is being worked on, so it's been a challenge cooking healthy meals.

however, at my weigh in today, i am down one, making me down a total of 18 lbs! my goal is to lose at least 20 a month, so i'm glad that i'm really close to reaching my goal for this month!

jayohwhy 04-02-2008 05:33 PM

ugh, weighed in today, and i'm up a little bit! this is a bit depressing! it might be retaining water, so i drank a cup of hot water boiled with lemon... maybe tomorrow will be better.

Happy Penguin 04-02-2008 06:01 PM

:welcome2:
ya ive been on the site for atleast 2months now but i actually really started my diet on fri im always on and you can always reach me on my aim superfluffy26

mountain mama 04-02-2008 07:53 PM

You are doing great so far! I understand what it's like to have a routine all under control and then something changes.. like you getting work done on your kitchen, and in my case, in the process of moving. Its hard to eat healthywhen you are packing everything up and road triping across the us. I guess we can just do the best we can and be happy in the moment. Focus on feeling good now and don't get down if you have a bad day. That is my demise too. I get down about not losing or something and the domino effect si not far behind! good luck and great job so far!!

Let me know if you wanna be msn or yahoo support friends! :)

motivated120 04-03-2008 01:08 AM

Hi all,
I am not new to this site, but wanting some motivation. I am a 24 year old female who lives in the Midwest, who has her degree in history and certification to teach (History, English, Spanish). I have played several sports throughout my entire life, but as soon as college came, so did the gut and it is all finally catching up to me where I can't take it anymore. I have done almost all diets (SouthBeach, Atkins, Zone, Prescriptions, Exercise, Supplements) and I am just at my wits end. I have just bought a binder and calender and going to set daily eating goals, weekly exercising goals,and monthly weight loss strategy. I just would like some friends to motivate me through e-mail and vice versa with daily, weekly struggles and helpful tips.

Thanks
-motivated120-
"Jenn"

taragettingthin 04-04-2008 04:19 AM

Oh we have one of those "medical weight loss" programs here in Michigan too..but my daughter loves presents so much that I wasn't able to afford the program. hehehe.. good luck with it and congrats on what you've lost so far! =)

jayohwhy 04-05-2008 05:21 PM

just fyi, lindora also has an online component that has worked for some. i am really loving the program because more or less it has been giving me results, and also tells you what to do if you've hit a plateau, [i.e. your weight loss has stalled].

i will have been on lindora officially for a month on 4/10/08, and i was hoping to meet, if not exceed my goal of twenty lbs a month, but my body has chosen to betray me by plateauing me for the past few days! uggggh!

i keep on thinking of the big picture and getting overwhelmed, but everyone is right and we have to take it one day at a time...

happy weekend, everyone!

LittleBigGirl 04-05-2008 07:08 PM

HI-ya

I to am new and in desparet need of a support group. I live in the capital of California (a cookie if you know this? ;)). I'm doing Weight Watchers but I'm thinking of adding Alli. I'm going to London in the fall :D and I want to lose as much as possible by the time I leave in September. So I can use all the help I can get. So good to meet you.

PS. Why doesn't this site have spell check???:( My dyslexia is showing:o.

jayohwhy 04-07-2008 01:06 AM

hey guys! just finished the weekend.. had hit a small plateau so i was doing the "plateau menu" but i'm worried because today i had regular food i.e. food i didnt make, and i'm worried whether that will effect my loss!

on the up side, i think i met my goal of 20 lbs for this month!!

how are the rest of you guys doing? esp. lilbiggirl & motivated?

jayohwhy 04-07-2008 06:30 PM

weighed in today and in the past month i have lost 22 lbs! it's really exciting to be 1/5 of the way from my goal even though i'm still having problems staying motivated...

mander 04-07-2008 11:17 PM

Day 1 for me. I know that doesn't sound too promising, but I have to start somewhere. I am hoping this forum will provide some help and support for me. I am little bit shy, so seeking online (vs. "real life") support seems easier. So far seems like a great tool :)